Originally Posted By: rex
david letterman? Seriously? Are you that desperate?

I'm not desperate at all. McCain is sinking like a stone. Why would I be desperate. The point was that McCain was caught by Letterman LYING to him about rushing to Washington to deal with the crisis and Letterman played the raw feed of McCain just down the hall instead of on a plane to Washington like he claimed.

This has nothing to do with David Letterman you dope. It has to do with McCain's claims of urgency and his lies about dropping the campaign (starting tomorrow apparently).

Actually McCain's lies started with his press conference this morning where he tried to take credit for initiating a bipartisan response when it was Obama who called him suggesting a joint statement since they now seem to agree on some of the same points of the bailout package. McCain despite his claims of not playing politics completely disavowed that, did and end run around Obama and tried to position himself as the guy above politics. It was a stunt and it's being perceived as a stunt.

As I pointed out above, McCain plays no legislative role in this nor does he sit in any of the conference committees that are deciding this bill. But he's needed there to what? Look as if he's saving the day? Or is he simply taking this campaign and politics into what is a important matter.