Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43
THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
It wont SPEED up the campaign

but McCain is taking SERIOUS interest in his CURRENT job and making some fixes if possible

From all Ive seen since Barry got in office all he has done WAS CAMPAIGN and now like the high school student he is...he will complain McCain is doing his job because he is afraid of debate.

And all those pundits out there who say Palin should take over ARE WRONG as stated before she is the VICE presidential candidate. The Presidential candidate is going back to do his job and should be applauded but as usual the media will spin it.

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

Actually it sounds that negotiations on this were going along fine but have now stalled because McCain has decided to grandstand & needs to be seen having a hand in shaping this rescue package.

Serious question, can anyone explain how this will speed things up?

How many drugs have you done in your life?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Franta
Im sure there is anotheer thread about this but I cant be arsed to find it

regarding McCain's postponeing [sp] the debate

Mccain is actually going to GO TO WORK and forgo the campaign?!?! So he can do his job and try to figure this out for Americans?

While Obama continues to avoid his duties as he has been doing since elected to office and continue the campaign partying with micheal moore et al.

Its High School all over again Mccain is just delaying coz he ascared.

Well again, this is the republican spin on this at the moment but the fact of the matter is that John McCain has no legislating role in this nor does he sit on any of the conference committees, so why he is urgently needed in Washington is beyond me.

Especially since Barney Frank directly contradicted him as to the bill being logjammed. And it didn't escape the notice of David Letterman that McCain cancelled to rush to Washington to 'deal with this Crisis'... right afte rhe did the Katie Couric interview, met with that aristocrat's wife Her Royal Highness Lady de Rothschild (she's the one who called blue collar voters "rednecks" last week). McCain also had to make time today for the knighted Sir Bono (well, he's not "officially" a sir because he's not English, but he's still a knight). Bono is, after all, a HUGE INTERNATIONAL celebrity and way, way more important than returning Obama's call to talk about the economic crisis and tend to all those Americans whining about the economy.

Suspending the campaign, postponing the debate, chatting with Bono of Gallahad, meeting with beautiful $100 million Lady Rothchilds. McCain's got his priorities, and none of them seem to involve the economic crisis or America.

David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

It's starts getting good about 2:33 into the show...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
david letterman? Seriously? Are you that desperate?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
HE'S A FUCKING COMEDIAN!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Why can't Palin campaign in McCain's stead or make the debate a VP debate, or even move the debates to Washington?

This at least answers part of the Palin part. Sarah Palin almost answered a question from a real reporter until McCain jumped in and did the manly-man thing, saving his damsel in distress from having to answer a real question from a real reporter like all the other candidates in this race do on a regular basis. I'm sorry, strike that. Up until a couple of minutes yesterday, McCain hasn't had a press conference in over a month, so he's not answering any questions either (which kind of makes you wonder what's wrong with the 72 year old candidate who has 4 bouts of serious melanoma). CNN's Campbell Brown said last night that McCain's behavior, in treating Palin like some weak defenseless thing just because she's a woman, is sexist.

Quote:
Palin gets question, looks to McCain, demurs

This is what happens when campaigns let reporters into photo ops. They get all uppity and ask questions.

From the pool report account of what happened after McCain and Palin's meeting with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvilli and Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko:

[quote]McCain then looked around the room and gestured as if to welcome questions. The AP reporter shouted a question at Gov. Palin (“Governor, what have you learned from your meetings?”) but McCain aide Brooke Buchanan intervened and shepherded everybody out of the room.

Palin looked surprised, leaned over to McCain and asked him a question, to which your pooler thinks he shook his head as if to say “No.”

She finally was able to get an interview question in and now we see what McCain was so worried about:

Palin is in so far over her head, it isn't even funny. Watch especially at 4 minutes 30 seconds into the interview (video is below) when they have the following exchange after Couric asks Palin for examples of John McCain leading the charge for oversight of Wall Street:

Quote:
Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Utter. Disaster.

Many reporters and analysts are saying that this is why McCain canceled the debates. To push up the remaining ones hopefully bump off the VP debate off the schedule. By all his other actions regarding Palin's access to questions and especially given her underwhelming results and the downward poll numbers AFTER she speaks to reporters, this is starting to sound more and more credible.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
What does jay leno think of all this?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

I'm not desperate at all. McCain is sinking like a stone. Why would I be desperate. The point was that McCain was caught by Letterman LYING to him about rushing to Washington to deal with the crisis and Letterman played the raw feed of McCain just down the hall instead of on a plane to Washington like he claimed.

This has nothing to do with David Letterman you dope. It has to do with McCain's claims of urgency and his lies about dropping the campaign (starting tomorrow apparently).

Actually McCain's lies started with his press conference this morning where he tried to take credit for initiating a bipartisan response when it was Obama who called him suggesting a joint statement since they now seem to agree on some of the same points of the bailout package. McCain despite his claims of not playing politics completely disavowed that, did and end run around Obama and tried to position himself as the guy above politics. It was a stunt and it's being perceived as a stunt.

As I pointed out above, McCain plays no legislative role in this nor does he sit in any of the conference committees that are deciding this bill. But he's needed there to what? Look as if he's saving the day? Or is he simply taking this campaign and politics into what is a important matter.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

I'm not desperate at all. McCain is sinking like a stone. Why would I be desperate. The point was that McCain was caught by Letterman LYING to him about rushing to Washington to deal with the crisis and Letterman played the raw feed of McCain just down the hall instead of on a plane to Washington like he claimed.

This has nothing to do with David Letterman you dope. It has to do with McCain's claims of urgency and his lies about dropping the campaign (starting tomorrow apparently).

Actually McCain's lies started with his press conference this morning where he tried to take credit for initiating a bipartisan response when it was Obama who called him suggesting a joint statement since they now seem to agree on some of the same points of the bailout package. McCain despite his claims of not playing politics completely disavowed that, did and end run around Obama and tried to position himself as the guy above politics. It was a stunt and it's being perceived as a stunt.

As I pointed out above, McCain plays no legislative role in this nor does he sit in any of the conference committees that are deciding this bill. But he's needed there to what? Look as if he's saving the day? Or is he simply taking this campaign and politics into what is a important matter.

Sincerely, retarded fucknut.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Nice rebuttal of all the points I raised there.

And people wonder why I don't respond cordially around here. The McCain campaign is in full panic mode after 2 full weeks of McCain being 2 steps behind this financial crisis. If you want to believe McCain is incapable of debating and single handedly solving a logjam that isn't a logjam and that he's only able to do it from Washington.. um well that actually makes sense seeing as how the inventor of the blackberry is tech illiterate and may not be able to videoconference, text, e-mail or even use that big plane of his to fly to the debate and back.

But yeah, "Country First". Kinda like on 9/11 when he said 'country first' and no negative attack ads.. except that he did run negative ads that day while Obama respected the event and the truce.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Nice rebuttal of all the points I raised there.

And people wonder why I don't respond cordially around here. The McCain campaign is in full panic mode after 2 full weeks of McCain being 2 steps behind this financial crisis. If you want to believe McCain is incapable of debating and single handedly solving a logjam that isn't a logjam and that he's only able to do it from Washington.. um well that actually makes sense seeing as how the inventor of the blackberry is tech illiterate and may not be able to videoconference, text, e-mail or even use that big plane of his to fly to the debate and back.

But yeah, "Country First". Kinda like on 9/11 when he said 'country first' and no negative attack ads.. except that he did run negative ads that day while Obama respected the event and the truce.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Whew!

thank goodness.

Quote:
Palin once blessed to be free from 'witchcraft'

By GARANCE BURKE, Associated Press Writer 55 minutes ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A grainy YouTube video surfaced Wednesday showing Sarah Palin being blessed in her hometown church three years ago by a Kenyan pastor who prayed for her protection from "witchcraft" as she prepared to seek higher office.

The video shows Palin standing before Bishop Thomas Muthee in the pulpit of the Wasilla Assembly of God church, holding her hands open as he asked Jesus Christ to keep her safe from "every form of witchcraft."...

Palin's pastor also touts how he drove away a local witch from his Kenyan village. A story he's repeated often and proudly, even in Palin's church in her presence.

So who knows.. Salem 2009?

Maybe we can toss potential Supreme Court Justices in water and see if they float...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Whew!

thank goodness.

Quote:
Palin once blessed to be free from 'witchcraft'

By GARANCE BURKE, Associated Press Writer 55 minutes ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A grainy YouTube video surfaced Wednesday showing Sarah Palin being blessed in her hometown church three years ago by a Kenyan pastor who prayed for her protection from "witchcraft" as she prepared to seek higher office.

The video shows Palin standing before Bishop Thomas Muthee in the pulpit of the Wasilla Assembly of God church, holding her hands open as he asked Jesus Christ to keep her safe from "every form of witchcraft."...

Palin's pastor also touts how he drove away a local witch from his Kenyan village. A story he's repeated often and proudly, even in Palin's church in her presence.

So who knows.. Salem 2009?

Maybe we can toss potential Supreme Court Justices in water and see if they float...

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
I think you guys should elect McCain though. However, never EVER send palin out to talk to foreign heads of states.

I don't think she'd handle that very well...

Racks be to MisterJLA
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Palin is just a part of a long list of things I have against McCain. The dude has gone from firebrand to ass kisser in four years or less. He copped out and picked Palin because that would get him the evangelical vote. Seriously, as I said before, I can only hope that this is McCain doing the greatest acting job I have ever seen and totally about-facing when he is elected.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

whomod #1008248 2008-09-25 10:45 AM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

I don't agree with a lot of any Christian religion, including Palin's.

However, I'm less worred about a candidate with a minister who talks about religion, even in the context of witchcraft, then one with a minister who talks about "god DAMN America" and "the white man's greed."

the G-man #1008249 2008-09-25 10:55 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
That's because you're a racist...

(Just kidding, G-Man...don't get your panties in a wad)

Prometheus #1008253 2008-09-25 10:58 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
That's because you're a racist...

(Just kidding, G-Man...

Heh. For a second there, I thought whomod had guesses your password.

the G-man #1008255 2008-09-25 11:12 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
You forgot to call me Promod...

Prometheus #1008261 2008-09-25 11:52 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Your request is granted, Promod.

the G-man #1008272 2008-09-25 12:56 PM
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
ahh, but couldn't that be spun into something about you being "pro" moderation? as in, more government control?

Racks be to MisterJLA
Chant #1008277 2008-09-25 1:21 PM
Nobody saw me do it...
25+ posts
Nobody saw me do it...
25+ posts
Wicca is a religion of peace , and is based on worshiping (mother) nature. Witchcraft is 'how' members of wicca do the worship. The practice of Wicca is meant to make one a better person, not to do, or even wish, bad things on anyone. Someone has their facts confused, (don't say me--- look up Wicca yourselves), and confused, biased people are a danger to all.

... so there!!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Mott the Hoople
Wicca is a religion of peace , and is based on worshiping (mother) nature. Witchcraft is 'how' members of wicca do the worship. The practice of Wicca is meant to make one a better person, not to do, or even wish, bad things on anyone. Someone has their facts confused, (don't say me--- look up Wicca yourselves), and confused, biased people are a danger to all.

It's you as I doubt he was talking about a Wiccan being in KENYA!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Chant #1008281 2008-09-25 1:48 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chant
ahh, but couldn't that be spun into something about you being "pro" moderation? as in, more government control?

Chant,..... that's.... that's just terrible. You should be ashamed of yourself.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I think you guys should elect McCain though. However, never EVER send palin out to talk to foreign heads of states.

Stop posting here and I'll vote for McCain.

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts

Stop posting here and I'll vote for McCain.

stop posting here and people might actually miss you in a few years

Racks be to MisterJLA
thedoctor #1008312 2008-09-25 5:34 PM
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Chant,..... that's.... that's just terrible. You should be ashamed of yourself.

What? Accusing G-man of being a closet commie?

Racks be to MisterJLA
Chant #1008313 2008-09-25 5:48 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
no.....poor humour.

or cheesy as we say here.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

fixed it for you.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
PJP #1008318 2008-09-25 6:18 PM
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
no.....poor humour.

or cheesy as we say here.

awww, I thought I'd have rex all over it like stink on a cheese

Racks be to MisterJLA
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Here's more of that Palin interiew with Katie Couric. I say this is good for at least another 10 points being shaved from her "ability to lead" poll numbers ad at least a 2 point drop in McCain's.

Horrific, horrific, horrific excerpt of Palin explaining why living close to Russia and Canada makes her a foreign policy expert. She comes across as a blithering idiot. At some point, Republicans have to ask themselves why they're willing to risk our national security, should McCain die in office, on someone who is quite clearly not ready to lead our nation in a time of crisis. Watch this video, then email this link to your friends:

video The transcript below.

From Ambinder:

Quote:
COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?
PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--
COURIC: Mock?
PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.
COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.
PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--
COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?
PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

At some point, Republicans have to ask themselves why they're willing to risk our national security, should McCain die in office, on someone who is quite clearly not ready to lead our nation in a time of crisis.

think about the poor democrats there candidate himself has no foreign experience except wearing an Islamic robe in Kenya....

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

At some point, Republicans have to ask themselves why they're willing to risk our national security, should McCain die in office, on someone who is quite clearly not ready to lead our nation in a time of crisis.

think about the poor democrats there candidate himself has no foreign experience except wearing an Islamic robe in Kenya....

"Islamic robe"?

Dumb racist idiot. He was dressed in traditional kenyan clothing. Stupid twat.

Oh sorry, that's stupid RACIST twat.

When G.W. Bush went to China in 2001 he wore a traditional Chinese outfit, when Bill Clinton went tol Indonesia in 1994 he wore traditional dress, and when Hillary Clinton went to Eritrea in 1997 she wore traditional dress including a head piece. So why the fuss over Obama?

So I guess bsams thinks GW Bush is secretly a Commie.

Originally Posted By: bsams the idiot

AAAIIIEEE!!! Hillary's a MUSLIM!!!!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: bsmas the idiot

AAAIIIEEE!!!

LAURA BUSH IS SECRETLY A MUSLIM!!!!!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
wow, someone is a muslim apologist.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
wow, someone is a muslim apologist.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you cant blunt the criticism by pointing out that you failed.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The AP lets Sarah Palin hang herself. Why does this matter? Because John McCain is 72 years old, has had 4 bouts of recent and very serious melanoma, has suffered repeated bouts of confusion over the past year, and if he dies in office the bumbling novice in the video below will become our next president and be in charge of the bailout and the war in Iraq:

Quote:
Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin defended her remark that the close proximity of Russia to her home state of Alaska gives her foreign policy experience, explaining in a CBS interview airing Thursday that "we have trade missions back and forth."

Palin has never visited Russia and until last year the 44-year-old Alaska governor had never traveled outside North America. She also had never met a foreign leader until her trip this week to New York. In the CBS interview, she did not offer any examples of having been involved in any negotiations with the Russians.

Palin's foreign policy experience came up when she gave her first major interview, on Sept. 11 to ABC News. Asked what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she said: "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

In the interview with CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Palin said: "It's funny that a comment like that was, kind of made to ... I don't know, you know? Reporters ..."

Couric said, "Mock?"

"Yeah," Palin said, "mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah."

When Couric asked how Alaska's closeness to Russia enhanced her foreign policy experience, Palin said, "Well, it certainly does because our ... our next-door neighbors are foreign countries." Alaska shares a border with Canada.

Palin didn't answer directly when Couric inquired about whether she had been involved in any negotiations with the Russians.

"We have trade missions back and forth," she replied. As she continued, Palin brought up Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

"It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where — where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is — from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to ... to our state," she said.

You can watch the video here, it's horrific.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
apparently whomod doesnt understand geography, no wonder it doesnt bother him that Obama went to Kenya and secretly dressed in Muslim garb...

Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard