Thread: Barack Hussein Obama in '08?

PJP #1007933 2008-09-24 7:27 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
puy

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html

Quote:
Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.
[Obama and Ayers] AP

Bill Ayers.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago and I've recently spent days looking through them.

The Chicago Annenberg Challenge was created ostensibly to improve Chicago's public schools. The funding came from a national education initiative by Ambassador Walter Annenberg. In early 1995, Mr. Obama was appointed the first chairman of the board, which handled fiscal matters. Mr. Ayers co-chaired the foundation's other key body, the "Collaborative," which shaped education policy.

The CAC's basic functioning has long been known, because its annual reports, evaluations and some board minutes were public. But the Daley archive contains additional board minutes, the Collaborative minutes, and documentation on the groups that CAC funded and rejected. The Daley archives show that Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda.

One unsettled question is how Mr. Obama, a former community organizer fresh out of law school, could vault to the top of a new foundation? In response to my questions, the Obama campaign issued a statement saying that Mr. Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's "recruitment" to the board. The statement says Deborah Leff and Patricia Albjerg Graham (presidents of other foundations) recruited him. Yet the archives show that, along with Ms. Leff and Ms. Graham, Mr. Ayers was one of a working group of five who assembled the initial board in 1994. Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval.

The CAC's agenda flowed from Mr. Ayers's educational philosophy, which called for infusing students and their parents with a radical political commitment, and which downplayed achievement tests in favor of activism. In the mid-1960s, Mr. Ayers taught at a radical alternative school, and served as a community organizer in Cleveland's ghetto.

In works like "City Kids, City Teachers" and "Teaching the Personal and the Political," Mr. Ayers wrote that teachers should be community organizers dedicated to provoking resistance to American racism and oppression. His preferred alternative? "I'm a radical, Leftist, small 'c' communist," Mr. Ayers said in an interview in Ron Chepesiuk's, "Sixties Radicals," at about the same time Mr. Ayers was forming CAC.

CAC translated Mr. Ayers's radicalism into practice. Instead of funding schools directly, it required schools to affiliate with "external partners," which actually got the money. Proposals from groups focused on math/science achievement were turned down. Instead CAC disbursed money through various far-left community organizers, such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (or Acorn).

Mr. Obama once conducted "leadership training" seminars with Acorn, and Acorn members also served as volunteers in Mr. Obama's early campaigns. External partners like the South Shore African Village Collaborative and the Dual Language Exchange focused more on political consciousness, Afrocentricity and bilingualism than traditional education. CAC's in-house evaluators comprehensively studied the effects of its grants on the test scores of Chicago public-school students. They found no evidence of educational improvement.

CAC also funded programs designed to promote "leadership" among parents. Ostensibly this was to enable parents to advocate on behalf of their children's education. In practice, it meant funding Mr. Obama's alma mater, the Developing Communities Project, to recruit parents to its overall political agenda. CAC records show that board member Arnold Weber was concerned that parents "organized" by community groups might be viewed by school principals "as a political threat." Mr. Obama arranged meetings with the Collaborative to smooth out Mr. Weber's objections.

The Daley documents show that Mr. Ayers sat as an ex-officio member of the board Mr. Obama chaired through CAC's first year. He also served on the board's governance committee with Mr. Obama, and worked with him to craft CAC bylaws. Mr. Ayers made presentations to board meetings chaired by Mr. Obama. Mr. Ayers spoke for the Collaborative before the board. Likewise, Mr. Obama periodically spoke for the board at meetings of the Collaborative.

The Obama campaign notes that Mr. Ayers attended only six board meetings, and stresses that the Collaborative lost its "operational role" at CAC after the first year. Yet the Collaborative was demoted to a strictly advisory role largely because of ethical concerns, since the projects of Collaborative members were receiving grants. CAC's own evaluators noted that project accountability was hampered by the board's reluctance to break away from grant decisions made in 1995. So even after Mr. Ayers's formal sway declined, the board largely adhered to the grant program he had put in place.

Mr. Ayers's defenders claim that he has redeemed himself with public-spirited education work. That claim is hard to swallow if you understand that he views his education work as an effort to stoke resistance to an oppressive American system. He likes to stress that he learned of his first teaching job while in jail for a draft-board sit-in. For Mr. Ayers, teaching and his 1960s radicalism are two sides of the same coin.

Mr. Ayers is the founder of the "small schools" movement (heavily funded by CAC), in which individual schools built around specific political themes push students to "confront issues of inequity, war, and violence." He believes teacher education programs should serve as "sites of resistance" to an oppressive system. (His teacher-training programs were also CAC funded.) The point, says Mr. Ayers in his "Teaching Toward Freedom," is to "teach against oppression," against America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation.

The Obama campaign has cried foul when Bill Ayers comes up, claiming "guilt by association." Yet the issue here isn't guilt by association; it's guilt by participation. As CAC chairman, Mr. Obama was lending moral and financial support to Mr. Ayers and his radical circle. That is a story even if Mr. Ayers had never planted a single bomb 40 years ago.

whoopsy!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Barack's brother did a nice interview with the foreign press, I thought I'd pass it along:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/poli...r_10099079.html

Quote:
I have heard that brotherhood is every man’s life and that blood is thicker than any known liquid. However, yesterday I trashed those suppositions when I met George Hussein Obama, the long lost brother of Senator Barack Obama who is eyeing the US presidency.

Senator Obama a wealthy American with roots in Kenya and even relatives here in Kenya should in-act be ashamed of ever attempting to become US president. It is disgraceful for what I encountered from the meeting with George Obama is way off from brotherhood and blood.

George Obama, a 26 year old man lives in Huruma estate in a dingy he calls a house. In fact its not a dingy but a single room with a foul stench of stale cigarette and fresh pot smoke. I was short of words; I was shocked and repulsive at the environment a brother to a man who might one day become the most powerful man in the world lives. Huruma is sprawling slum laden estate. Flies, dirty as they are, fly allover, women and children everywhere, dirty and unkempt wander here. Small enterprises and all sorts of bars, video watching rooms and dirty food joints are strewn along the streets.

I set off at around 2pm local time, I know no one here, except my friend Jack who was my right hand man. We were armed since the place is famous with crime. Here you find qualified muggers, gun-slinging criminals and teenagers, so if you are a simpleton, you won’t get out of this place in one piece.

Jack and I were at pains, we knew no one, so Jack devised a plan B, we were to pose as researchers doing research on micro-enterprises. It worked; first we talked to one carpenter, Oloo. The reason for approaching Oloo was that, we need someone who is from the Obama community. They are known as Luo’s. Oloo was cooperative. However, he gave us the wrong directions and we found ourselves hitting the road in slums and desolate households. Tire of meandering around in a dangerous place, we cautiously approached a firewood seller, Bryan.

“Hello boss!” Jack sauntered.

“Hello“, Bryan answered

“How’s work here…we are looking for guys like you who are doing business here…” I began, “We are doing research on micro-enterprises in Huruma”

So Bryan gave us a story, “Here, people live desperately, we buy water and food. Everything is expensive here but we try.. People don’t use gas or kerosene, they use charcoal and firewood, that’s why I am selling firewood“, he told us.

“I hear Barack Obama’s brother lives here too. What does he do…?”

Bryan was reserved and a it distant though he told us a little. “Yes, I have heard of him. But I here he moved out after the media guys began tracking him almost every hour. He left this place for a more decent place. The media people said he was living in a slum and it was bad for his brother’s candidacy, so he moved out…”

“Do you have an idea where he used to live?” I asked jokingly

“Hmmm..!!i here he was living at Buffalo, he has friends there I guess…” Bryan said dismissively.

“Well Bryan, thanks for your time, we hope we can find Mr. Obama, so he can tell us if he too is a business man“, I summed up the interview and told Jack we get lost.

We talked to cobblers, carpenters and chemists; no one gave us the right direction until we found an old man who sells water here. We talked about our project very convincingly until he believed it. He showed some fellas seated in a group. “One of them is the owner of the barber shop you see there, he knows a lot, since he knows so many criminals and people here, am sure he could be of help“.

Its Jack who approached the gang, they were cooperative and we tipped them handsomely. The guy gave Jack a detailed description of George Obama, “he lives in Huruma near St Francis Hospital!”

Again we hit the road, there was no where to refuel here, but we had covered miles walking to and fro and deep inside the slum. I checked the time and found out it was hitting 5.30pm, the wee hours of the evening and the most dangerous for strangers here. We parked the car in a petrol station and began our walk again.

We found the hospital, a humble establishment for saving lives. We asked around, one man, a pistol tucked on his jeans showed us where we could locate Obama. We tried, but no one was home. We saw a little girl; she too showed us the same neighborhood. Along this neighborhood, they are selling fish, on the side of streets. The fish stinks, and hordes of flies are flying over the fish…just disgusting, horrid and completely repulsive!!!

I saw all sorts of foods being sold the same way, flies and just in such a horrid state. I didn’t want believe a big name like Obama can be here. We met one Rastafarian, we tipped him and he told us Obama is one of his clients. He peddles bhang/pot, he led us to George Obama’s den.

Obama, is a tall, slim and kind of reserved young man. He asked us what we wanted. It told him curtly. He said he can’t speak without being paid. I looked at Jack and he was perspiring.

“How much?“, I asked

“$1000!“, Came the hoarse and rude shock of a reply

“Let’s get the hell out of here!!” I told Jack..

“Wait!!” The Rasta man shot back “I will negotiate”

The Rasta man went with Obama and they negotiated and came back 15 minutes later. We were offered $200 for 5 minutes, period!!

I agreed and paid half and promised to pay the rest after the interview. He led us to the dingy, pot smoke filled room.

Inside we found four other people, two women one almost naked and two young men. All were enjoying a quiet smoke of pot. In fact we had just interrupted Gearoge Obama from what appeared to be an orgy and a pot session.

Obama said he supports his brothers presidency. He confessed that he barely communicates with him but hopes to meet him soon. Also that, he doest get any kind of support from the multimillionaire Barrack Obama.

George was emphatic that he is used to Huruma life which he called ghetto life. He is into drugs and all sorts of vices, one of his bodyguards, (the two men we found in the room) said he has tried all drugs you can mention. He eats whats found there and that he has been earning from the tons of journalists coming to see him. He boasted at a time when he said that he turned away a CNN crew which was offering him $1500 which is equivalent to kshs 100, 000.

It was incredible and we did our five minutes as we got intoxicated with the foul smoke of pot and cigarette. The George Obama associates were enjoying it and also drank some cheap gin and coke.

We left in rush, choking but shocked, is it really a brother to a man contending for the American presidency?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

USA Today: big fires are getting bigger, small fires are getting smaller

MoveOn.org pressures Congress to stop fighting fire and bring firemen home

Reid: The war on fire is lost

Pelosi: The number of fires has gone up since we started fighting fire

Kerry: If you don't do well in school you'll get stuck fighting fire in California

NY Times: Fighting fire creates even more fires

LA Times drops term "wild" describing fire, uses "undocumented" fire instead

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

I'd laugh but it's pretty damn obvious that Obama means that.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
Barack's brother did a nice interview with the foreign press, I thought I'd pass it along:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/poli...r_10099079.html

Quote:
I have heard that brotherhood is every man’s life and that blood is thicker than any known liquid. However, yesterday I trashed those suppositions when I met George Hussein Obama, the long lost brother of Senator Barack Obama who is eyeing the US presidency.

Senator Obama a wealthy American with roots in Kenya and even relatives here in Kenya should in-act be ashamed of ever attempting to become US president. It is disgraceful for what I encountered from the meeting with George Obama is way off from brotherhood and blood.

George Obama, a 26 year old man lives in Huruma estate in a dingy he calls a house. In fact its not a dingy but a single room with a foul stench of stale cigarette and fresh pot smoke. I was short of words; I was shocked and repulsive at the environment a brother to a man who might one day become the most powerful man in the world lives. Huruma is sprawling slum laden estate. Flies, dirty as they are, fly allover, women and children everywhere, dirty and unkempt wander here. Small enterprises and all sorts of bars, video watching rooms and dirty food joints are strewn along the streets.

I set off at around 2pm local time, I know no one here, except my friend Jack who was my right hand man. We were armed since the place is famous with crime. Here you find qualified muggers, gun-slinging criminals and teenagers, so if you are a simpleton, you won’t get out of this place in one piece.

Jack and I were at pains, we knew no one, so Jack devised a plan B, we were to pose as researchers doing research on micro-enterprises. It worked; first we talked to one carpenter, Oloo. The reason for approaching Oloo was that, we need someone who is from the Obama community. They are known as Luo’s. Oloo was cooperative. However, he gave us the wrong directions and we found ourselves hitting the road in slums and desolate households. Tire of meandering around in a dangerous place, we cautiously approached a firewood seller, Bryan.

“Hello boss!” Jack sauntered.

“Hello“, Bryan answered

“How’s work here…we are looking for guys like you who are doing business here…” I began, “We are doing research on micro-enterprises in Huruma”

So Bryan gave us a story, “Here, people live desperately, we buy water and food. Everything is expensive here but we try.. People don’t use gas or kerosene, they use charcoal and firewood, that’s why I am selling firewood“, he told us.

“I hear Barack Obama’s brother lives here too. What does he do…?”

Bryan was reserved and a it distant though he told us a little. “Yes, I have heard of him. But I here he moved out after the media guys began tracking him almost every hour. He left this place for a more decent place. The media people said he was living in a slum and it was bad for his brother’s candidacy, so he moved out…”

“Do you have an idea where he used to live?” I asked jokingly

“Hmmm..!!i here he was living at Buffalo, he has friends there I guess…” Bryan said dismissively.

“Well Bryan, thanks for your time, we hope we can find Mr. Obama, so he can tell us if he too is a business man“, I summed up the interview and told Jack we get lost.

We talked to cobblers, carpenters and chemists; no one gave us the right direction until we found an old man who sells water here. We talked about our project very convincingly until he believed it. He showed some fellas seated in a group. “One of them is the owner of the barber shop you see there, he knows a lot, since he knows so many criminals and people here, am sure he could be of help“.

Its Jack who approached the gang, they were cooperative and we tipped them handsomely. The guy gave Jack a detailed description of George Obama, “he lives in Huruma near St Francis Hospital!”

Again we hit the road, there was no where to refuel here, but we had covered miles walking to and fro and deep inside the slum. I checked the time and found out it was hitting 5.30pm, the wee hours of the evening and the most dangerous for strangers here. We parked the car in a petrol station and began our walk again.

We found the hospital, a humble establishment for saving lives. We asked around, one man, a pistol tucked on his jeans showed us where we could locate Obama. We tried, but no one was home. We saw a little girl; she too showed us the same neighborhood. Along this neighborhood, they are selling fish, on the side of streets. The fish stinks, and hordes of flies are flying over the fish…just disgusting, horrid and completely repulsive!!!

I saw all sorts of foods being sold the same way, flies and just in such a horrid state. I didn’t want believe a big name like Obama can be here. We met one Rastafarian, we tipped him and he told us Obama is one of his clients. He peddles bhang/pot, he led us to George Obama’s den.

Obama, is a tall, slim and kind of reserved young man. He asked us what we wanted. It told him curtly. He said he can’t speak without being paid. I looked at Jack and he was perspiring.

“How much?“, I asked

“$1000!“, Came the hoarse and rude shock of a reply

“Let’s get the hell out of here!!” I told Jack..

“Wait!!” The Rasta man shot back “I will negotiate”

The Rasta man went with Obama and they negotiated and came back 15 minutes later. We were offered $200 for 5 minutes, period!!

I agreed and paid half and promised to pay the rest after the interview. He led us to the dingy, pot smoke filled room.

Inside we found four other people, two women one almost naked and two young men. All were enjoying a quiet smoke of pot. In fact we had just interrupted Gearoge Obama from what appeared to be an orgy and a pot session.

Obama said he supports his brothers presidency. He confessed that he barely communicates with him but hopes to meet him soon. Also that, he doest get any kind of support from the multimillionaire Barrack Obama.

George was emphatic that he is used to Huruma life which he called ghetto life. He is into drugs and all sorts of vices, one of his bodyguards, (the two men we found in the room) said he has tried all drugs you can mention. He eats whats found there and that he has been earning from the tons of journalists coming to see him. He boasted at a time when he said that he turned away a CNN crew which was offering him $1500 which is equivalent to kshs 100, 000.

It was incredible and we did our five minutes as we got intoxicated with the foul smoke of pot and cigarette. The George Obama associates were enjoying it and also drank some cheap gin and coke.

We left in rush, choking but shocked, is it really a brother to a man contending for the American presidency?

Obama can't even keep own his brother out of poverty and people think he's going to help the American people?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Wow. This guy is positively Orwellian:

• On Tuesday (September 23), CBS affiliate KMOV reported that Obama had enlisted a number of Missouri law enforcement officials, including local sheriffs and prosecutors, “to target anyone who lies or runs a misleading television ad [against Obama] during the presidential campaign."

• [H]is campaign “also sent ‘threatening’ letters to several news agencies in Pennsylvania and Ohio demanding they stop airing ads exposing Obama's gun stance.
  • “Obama’s lawyers twice demanded the Department of Justice investigate and prosecute the American Issues Project, its officers, board of directors, and donors,” for running ads critical of Obama’s ties to “unrepentant domestic terrorist William Ayers.”
  • Obama himself has also urged tough measures against people who fail to back him, telling a group of supporters in Nevada recently to “argue with and…get in [the] face(s)” of Republican and independent voters.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
In other words:

Originally Posted By: G-Man

WAAAAA!!! Obama isn't letting us swift boat him lie we did John Kerry in 2004.

It's NOT FAIR. Without smears, fear tactics, slander, and innuendo, we might have to run on our actual record.

Democrats aern't supposed to fight back!!!!

WAAAA!!!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I think we should all take note of the fact that whomod now claims to believe that lying about political figures should be punished by jail.

We all recall, vividly, that whomod manufactured a story (and even faked an AP article) about President Bush ordering the National Guard to shoot black people leaving New Orleans.

Under his own standard, therefore, whomod should face criminal prosecution.

As such, I would ask that whomod turn himself in to the authorities. He can probably call the same cops he contacted to have rex arrested. They would most like appreciate the actual bust, as opposed to investigating 'rex stardust.'

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that debate broke whomod again, didnt it?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
compared to his usual level of brokenness? possibly.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Again?

Show me when he's been 'fixed'

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
well shortly after he was comitted to the hospital by the police for making insane calls about a guy named "rex" threatening his daughter named "whomod's daughter" he seemed to do ak for awhile, i can only assume he is off his meds again....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Good point, BSAMS.

But, in any event, back to the Obamessiah....

Over at National Review, Mark Steyn sums this all up perfectly: "For all the entirely false rumors about Mayor Palin banning books from the Wasilla library, the only candidate using agencies of the state to suppress views with which he disagrees remains Barack Obama."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Missouri Governor Matt Blunt responds:

• St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment... Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
the Missouri Gov. better watch out Barrack might send Bil Ayers out that way!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah, the Gov. might find his home the victim of a fraternity prank.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
if it was during the 60's it would be activism.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Good point, BSAMS.

Over at National Review, Mark Steyn sums this all up perfectly: "For all the entirely false rumors about Mayor Palin banning books from the Wasilla library, the only candidate using agencies of the state to suppress views with which he disagrees remains Barack Obama."

As an aside, if obama is elected President, will you finally get off your ass and decry the totalitarian powers given to him by the Patriot Act?

Just curious.....

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

As an aside, if obama is elected President, will you finally get off your ass and decry the totalitarian powers given to him by the Patriot Act?

Just curious.....

Will he use those powers to fight terror or merely to continue to censor his opponents?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Just curious.....

Will he use those powers to fight terror or merely to continue to censor his opponents?

Who did he censor or are you just making things up again? The Stalin comparison is a gross exageration & one that would apply to McCain also ...
 Quote:
But a review of McCain’s own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states.

news-leader.com

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Good point, BSAMS.

Just curious.....

why would he need to wiretap terrorists when he launched his political career in the home of one? couldnt he just call Bill Ayers up and ask him what the latest plan is?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
[...But a review of McCain’s own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states...

Did McCain ask the DoJ to investigate his critics the way Obama did?

Are the attorneys supporting McCain going on television and claiming that negative ads violate the law the way that the Obama supporters did?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
[...But a review of McCain’s own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states...

Did McCain ask the DoJ to investigate his critics the way Obama did?

Are the attorneys supporting McCain going on television and claiming that negative ads violate the law the way that the Obama supporters did?

Where exactly did the Obama people do what you alleged?

Quote:
Despite having law enforcement officials on the truth squad, none of them have publicly said they will invoke their official powers to enforce facts about Obama’s record.

The controversy was sparked by a KMOV televion report featuring St. Louis County Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Attorney Jennifer Joyce saying they would respond to paid advertising twisting Obama’s record (the story was picked up by influential right-wing blogger Matt Drudge).

They never said they would invoke their powers, but Republicans say just attaching their law enforcement titles to their names for political reasons gives off a perception of a police state.

Do you have anything to back up your allegations?

Fair play!
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Though having eyes they do not see.
Though having ears they do not hear, or understand.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It's "funny," but the reporter who originally broke the Missouri story is now backtracking slightly. You'd almost think, oh, I dunno...a "truth squad" got to him.

As for the fact that Obama asked the Department of Justice to investigate other critics, that's been reported in various places, including the Politico:
  • Sen. Barack Obama has launched an all-out effort to block a Republican billionaire’s efforts to tie him to domestic and foreign terrorists in a wave of negative television ads.

Obama’s campaign has written the Department of Justice demanding a criminal investigation of the “American Issues Project,” the vehicle through which Dallas investor Harold Simmons is financing the advertisements. The Obama campaign — and tens of thousands of supporters — also is pressuring television networks and affiliates to reject the ads. The effort has met with some success: CNN and Fox News are not airing the attacks.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's "funny," but the reporter who originally broke the Missouri story is now backtracking slightly. You'd almost think, oh, I dunno...a "truth squad" got to him.

As for the fact that Obama asked the Department of Justice to investigate other critics, that's been reported in various places, including the Politico:
  • Sen. Barack Obama has launched an all-out effort to block a Republican billionaire’s efforts to tie him to domestic and foreign terrorists in a wave of negative television ads.

Obama’s campaign has written the Department of Justice demanding a criminal investigation of the “American Issues Project,” the vehicle through which Dallas investor Harold Simmons is financing the advertisements. The Obama campaign — and tens of thousands of supporters — also is pressuring television networks and affiliates to reject the ads. The effort has met with some success: CNN and Fox News are not airing the attacks.

Thanks G-man, the Stalin comparison is still way over-exagerated. Obama is also well within his rights as an American to fight the ad legally. As noted both candidates have similar people on their "truth squads". While I think the ad is garbage politics it does look like it's legal though & Obama probably would have been smarter not trying to fight it via the DOJ. On the other hand Obama supporters also have the freedom to call tv stations airing the ads.

Fair play!
Page 75 of 94 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard