Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 43 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 42 43
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Almost as impressive as your about face on Obama on the flimsiest of excuses.

the G-man #1011217 2008-10-01 11:54 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Almost as impressive as your about face on Obama on the flimsiest of excuses.

What did I about face on? Even when Hillary was still in the race I stilled called your "Obama is a muslim" crap on a regular basis.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You're so far in the tank for Obama now that you probably need SCUBA gear just to breathe.

the G-man #1011220 2008-10-01 11:57 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You're so far in the tank for Obama now that you probably need SCUBA gear just to breathe.

Oooh the coward ducks the question, whatever.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
No ducking. You asked what you did an about face on. I answered Obama.

If need be, I'll expand: you went from accusing him of being unqualified and inexperienced, and critical of his ties with people like Rezko, to being one of his main defenders here.

the G-man #1011224 2008-10-02 12:13 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
No ducking. You asked what you did an about face on. I answered Obama.

If need be, I'll expand: you went from accusing him of being unqualified and inexperienced, and critical of his ties with people like Rezko, to being one of his main defenders here.

It doesn't really take much to be considered a main defender for Obama on this board G-man. Rezko & his lack of experience are still points against him in my book. On the other hand you have always said crazy shit about him that even when he was up against Hillary I called you on. I'm not worshipping him but he's shown he's smart & capable enough for the job. I don't have to attack a moderator or interviewer if he doesn't do well like you do with Palin.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
so what exactly convinced you, mem? you were pretty set against the guy, so it must've taken something impressive on his part to bring you over to his side. was it something he said? a decision he made? something in his voting record? do tell.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Reread the part where I said Obama has shown he's smart & capable enough for the job Cap.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
And you please reread the part where Sammitch asked what, exactly, Obama did to show that.
 Quote:
was it something he said? a decision he made? something in his voting record? do tell.

the G-man #1011231 2008-10-02 12:30 AM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i think it was stealing the nomination.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_o..._iLN7iCjgCs0NUE
 Quote:
A women's shelter on Wednesday cut headliner Sandra Bernhard from its annual benefit after she said Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin would be gang-raped if she ever visited New York.

Bernhard's made the remarks last month during her one-woman show in Washington before Palin visited New York to campaign. Bernhard said Palin would be "gang-raped by my big black brothers" during a diatribe in which she also criticized Palin for opposing abortion rights.

Many guests at Rosie's Place, a Boston shelter, have been victims of violence, public relations director Leemarie Mosca said.

"In light of our mission, we don't think violence against women is a laughing matter," she said.

Mosca said the shelter expected to book a replacement before the Oct. 16 luncheon "Funny Women ... Serious Business."

"Right now, our main focus is our event and making sure the event is a success," Mosca said. "And for us, that means not including Sandra Bernhard at this time."

A representative for Bernhard had no immediate comment on the cancellation.
It really must pain her that she is so fugly that she had to turn gay. But really lashing out at Palin isn't the answer for her internal pain.

Irwin Schwab #1011234 2008-10-02 12:32 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Quote:
...stealing the nomination...

No, MEM was pretty bitter about that for a long time. I think it was the fact that Palin's nomination meant that Hillary would probably not be the first female VP in US history.

Irwin Schwab #1011235 2008-10-02 12:34 AM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I also think it was the moment mem realized there were no other choices with a (D) after their names.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
the G-man #1011236 2008-10-02 12:35 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
And you please reread the part where Sammitch asked what, exactly, Obama did to show that.
 Quote:
was it something he said? a decision he made? something in his voting record? do tell.

His policies are closer to what I want. While I like McCain & reallize he's not Bush's third term, there's still something like a 90 percent agreement with Bush that I could only vote for him if I felt Obama wasn't up to the job where it would hurt the country.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Repeating a premise is not the same as explaining it.

Sammitch asked what Obama said or did to make you think he was up to the job.

You still haven't explained that (or, to use your words, you "ducked the question, coward"). Instead you've merely repeated that you've decided he's up to the job. without explaining why.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:

His policies are closer to what I want. While I like McCain & reallize he's not Bush's third term, there's still something like a 90 percent agreement with Bush that I could only vote for him if I felt Obama wasn't up to the job where it would hurt the country.

you mean like having among his advisers a former fannie mae ceo who helped contribute to the subprime crisis? or something else that would hurt the country?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I also think it was the moment mem realized there were no other choices with a (D) after their names.

The D represents a party platform that has many things I value. I suspect you vote for anything with an R after it for much the same reason.

Fair play!
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
GO PALIN!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the VP debates tomorrow night!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that's it I'm voting Obama!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
actually, as fun as it is to get a rise out of people by implying obama is a muslim, most republicans don't really believe he is. islamist sympathizer, quite possibly, but not a muslim. I feel the truth is much worse; obama's probably not a closet muslim, he's whatever his elite leftist handlers and the opinion polls tell him to be. he's a marxist hatemonger manufactured by marxist hatemongers and cleverly disguised as the liberal messiah.

It's ok, I don't take you guys seriously so if your venom is pretend or fanatacism it doesn't really matter to me. It's just interesting that there is so much of it you guys spew collectively it's sort of impressive.
about as impressive as you being able to think for yourself(sarcasm)......how can you be for Hilary and then support this horrible person? why? because the DNC told you to.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

The D represents a party platform that has many things I value. I suspect you vote for anything with an R after it for much the same reason.
I don't. I'm for gay rights...abortion rights....and amnesty for illegal aliens. I also would be not voting or voting for Nader if Romney was the nominee with an R after his name.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
if the Mormon dude had won the GOP and Hilary the Dem, I would have been voting Dem, most reasonable people aren't bound by party.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Debunked or not, the simple fact of the matter is that every single person who believes in a religion believes in something at odds with the conventional science. Every religion holds certain things as a matter of faith that are at odds with science.

Are we going to start banning all people who believe in religion from holding public office?

did you catch the latest Couric segment? Palin was asked about Roe V Wade and she said she thought it was a state matter. Then Couric asked her about if she thinks the right to privacy is in the Constitution. And she replied in the affirmative. Then Couric had to tell her that that pretty much is the cornerstone of Roe V Wade.

Seriously, this woman is a complete moron.

I don't know which one this is. It might be the one where she asserts that she reads "all of them" in response to what newspapers she reads. She couldn't name one in particular of course.

Then back to Roe, she also couldn't name any other SC decision in addition to roe V Wade. She really should have been paying attention in the 9th grade.

Oh ok this is also the one where she makes a dig at Biden's age and then gets confronted about McCain's.

It's amazing to me how some Republicans are attracted rather than repelled and appalled at stupidity in charge of their country.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

"We are the ones we have been waiting for"

That's a quote from obama. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and that's including everything you and the insurgency have said. It makes no damn sense.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
As far as it being discredited, (dinosaurs), I see not ONE source was cited. So it was just more talking out of ones ass.

She could deny it, her supporters could deny it, but that coupled with video of her getting the witch excorsized out of her by her witch doctor lends credence to it being true. She has wacky extreme beliefs outside the mainstream of this country and even the mainstream of Christianity.

Plus she's an idiot.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Thanks for skipping my post. Coward.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
As far as it being discredited, (dinosaurs), I see not ONE source was cited. So it was just more talking out of ones ass.

She could deny it, her supporters could deny it, but that coupled with video of her getting the witch excorsized out of her by her witch doctor lends credence to it being true. She has wacky extreme beliefs outside the mainstream of this country and even the mainstream of Christianity.

Plus she's an idiot.
So Biden will kick her ass tomorrow and Obama should win easily! Lighten up starting tomorrow you'll get your way. All the polls show Obama winning easily so you shouldn't be so mean to us. Maybe less venom since you are going to win!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
if not threads like this one will elicit quite a bit more lulz than they do now!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
whomod #1011289 2008-10-02 2:31 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Palin was asked about Roe V Wade and she said she thought it was a state matter. Then Couric asked her about if she thinks the right to privacy is in the Constitution. And she replied in the affirmative. Then Couric had to tell her that that pretty much is the cornerstone of Roe V Wade.

The fact that one acknowledges a right does not mean that one has to agree with every court decision based on the claimed right.

For example, the right to Free Speech is clearly enunciated in the First Amendment of the US Constitution. Few would argue it doesn't exist.

However, over the years there have been court cases based on that right with which not everyone agrees. For example, campaign finance reform.

The same could be said for most other constitutional rights. Reasonable people can recognize a right but disagree on how the courts apply that right.

Accordingly, there is nothing particularly controversial, or ignorant, of Palin (or anyone else) acknowelding a privacy right but disagreeing with decisions interpreting it. In fact, such disagreements are often more common than not even among constitutional scholars and legal professionals.

PJP #1011292 2008-10-02 2:38 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP

I don't. I'm for gay rights...abortion rights....and amnesty for illegal aliens. I also would be not voting or voting for Nader if Romney was the nominee with an R after his name.

I stayed home when Dukakis was on the ticket & I've voted Indy when Ventura ran, so we're not that different in that way actually.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Plus she's an idiot.
So Biden will kick her ass tomorrow and Obama should win easily! Lighten up starting tomorrow you'll get your way. All the polls show Obama winning easily so you shouldn't be so mean to us. Maybe less venom since you are going to win!

I'm not assuming anything about the debate nor do I think Palin's an idiot. My guess is there will be lowered expectations on how well Palin will do & she'll probably do much better than expected. This isn't her first time at a debate.

As an aside, I think it's recognized that President Bush lost most of his debates.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Oh I understand perfectly that they'll declare a win if she just manages to answer coherently and not pass out or else give that deer in headlight look in the entire 90 minutes.

Plus the whole Gwen Ivers controversy is just IMo an attempt to get another moderator, i'm thinking a MALE one. It's much harder to lob accusations of sexism, or to have Palin appear as the victim of two mean men against her , when you have a woman asking you the hard questions.

Already today you had G-Man basically say that Palin's disastrous performances on TV were the fault of Charles Gibson and Katie Couric. Never mind the fact that they were pretty much puff pieces compared to a real press grilling that McCain has shielded her from for weeks already.

And how then if it was the bad biased reporters making her look bad do you explain her sounding just as hapless on Sean Hannity's fawning softball questions interview?

So if she does bad, expect more of G-man's tack from today blaming Gwen's evil liberal bias. I expect her to do pretty decent-wise as far as basic repeating McCain policy points goes. Hopefully she'll be challenged to clarify on the whole rape kits, religious beliefs VS public policy, and 'Putin rearing his head over Alaska' stuff. Plus it'd be nice if see could name just 1 Supreme Court case that she's aware of besides Roe V Wade. Especially since she's had time to mull it over some. Or just get some left field policy questions that won't be able to be answered by simply repeating memorized stump speech lines.

Here's Palin's Greatest Hits Vol. I

Vol. II, an even funnier or scarier one depending on how close you think this race actually is, was aired tonight on Olbermann's show. His Greatest Hits clips were more of the disastrous interviews she's done of late rather than of her 'misstatements' on the campaign trail that this one had.

As soon as it's YouTubed, I'll post it for your (or rather, MY) entertainment.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Plus she's an idiot.

I don't think it's so much venom coming from any glee as it is anger that John McCain who talks repeatedly of putting 'country first', foisted this clown upon us in the 1st place because he was looking for a stunt to quicken his comatose campaign rather than actually putting country first.

Despite your pessimism, there is still a very real possibility that McCain can win and given the fact that he's very old and even though some of you discount all the reports of his deteriorating health, he doesn't appear to be doing so well in some peoples eyes. Plus statistically, he's not looking at great odds either. So this numbskull, chosen for political theatre rather than for basic competence may very well be our next President. And that's starting to scare people both on the left and on the right.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
He could still win but he is definitely the underdog from here on out. I am preparing myself for a loss this way I am not disappointed the next day. I am leaving for vacation with my wife on election day....we are voting and getting on a plane ......so whoever wins the next few days afterwards I will be getting sun and r and r and not really care either way.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Plus she's an idiot.

I'm not assuming anything about the debate nor do I think Palin's an idiot. My guess is there will be lowered expectations on how well Palin will do & she'll probably do much better than expected. This isn't her first time at a debate.

As an aside, I think it's recognized that President Bush lost most of his debates.
totally he looked like an idiot compared to Gore....he did better against Kerry but at the most you could call those a draw. But people are voting on the issues and not who is a better speaker so in those cases that is why he did well at the voting polls.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Fatwa Issued on Pakistan President for Flirting With Palin

"Finally, religious extremism I can get behind!
Sincerely,
Whomod"

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Fatwa Issued on Pakistan President for Flirting With Palin

"Finally, religious extremism I can get behind!
Sincerely,
Whomod"

Oh I'm sorry G-man, I didn't know those crazies needed an excuse to try to kill the Pakistani President. I thought they blew up a Mariott hotel recently just on old info that he was holding a meeting there that day.

But never let it be said G-man (or the right for that matter) ever pass up an opportunity to try to link their "liberal" foes to terrorists.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Never let it be said the left passed up a opportunity to launch their political careers in the home of a terrorist.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Oh I understand perfectly that they'll declare a win if she just manages to answer coherently and not pass out or else give that deer in headlight look in the entire 90 minutes.

Plus the whole Gwen Ivers controversy is just IMo an attempt to get another moderator, i'm thinking a MALE one. It's much harder to lob accusations of sexism, or to have Palin appear as the victim of two mean men against her , when you have a woman asking you the hard questions.

Already today you had G-Man basically say that Palin's disastrous performances on TV were the fault of Charles Gibson and Katie Couric. Never mind the fact that they were pretty much puff pieces compared to a real press grilling that McCain has shielded her from for weeks already.

And how then if it was the bad biased reporters making her look bad do you explain her sounding just as hapless on Sean Hannity's fawning softball questions interview?

So if she does bad, expect more of G-man's tack from today blaming Gwen's evil liberal bias. I expect her to do pretty decent-wise as far as basic repeating McCain policy points goes. Hopefully she'll be challenged to clarify on the whole rape kits, religious beliefs VS public policy, and 'Putin rearing his head over Alaska' stuff. Plus it'd be nice if see could name just 1 Supreme Court case that she's aware of besides Roe V Wade. Especially since she's had time to mull it over some. Or just get some left field policy questions that won't be able to be answered by simply repeating memorized stump speech lines.

Here's Palin's Greatest Hits Vol. I

Vol. II, an even funnier or scarier one depending on how close you think this race actually is, was aired tonight on Olbermann's show. His Greatest Hits clips were more of the disastrous interviews she's done of late rather than of her 'misstatements' on the campaign trail that this one had.

As soon as it's YouTubed, I'll post it for your (or rather, MY) entertainment.

PALIN'S GREATEST HITS VOL. II

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
terrorists.

Page 29 of 43 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard