terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
TERRORISTS!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: bsams, sammitch, and Rex

You do realize it was satirical, don't you?

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
yes we all understand Obama would never have a flag in his house.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Whomod, I think you and your liberal friends are being entirely unfair to Sarah about her not being able to name any other Supreme Court decisions. You could just look at her and tell she wanted to say Brown v Board of Education and Miranda v Arizona. But, you liberal elites would just have a field day if she admitted to wanting to overturn those, wouldn't you?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
 Originally Posted By: bsams, sammitch, and Rex

You do realize it was satirical, don't you?

When did I post that?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Whomod, I think you and your liberal friends are being entirely unfair to Sarah about her not being able to name any other Supreme Court decisions. You could just look at her and tell she wanted to say Brown v Board of Education and Miranda v Arizona. But, you liberal elites would just have a field day if she admitted to wanting to overturn those, wouldn't you?
Careful! You want to get sent to a camp!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Miranda v Arizona was epic! It was my first TVKO PPV I ever purchased!

Irwin Schwab #1012539 2008-10-04 5:23 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Palin lied at the debate about supporting divestiture from Sudan.
You know, she just might make a great conservative presidential candidate in the future. Intellectually lightweight and a serial liar to boot. Would you trust this woman with your 401k?

From ABC:

Quote:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fought to protest atrocities in Sudan by dropping assets tied to the country's brutal regime from the state's multi-billion-dollar investment fund, she claimed during Thursday's vice presidential debate.

Not quite, according to a review of the public record  and according to the recollections of a legislator and others who pushed a measure to divest Alaskan holdings in Sudan-linked investments.

"The [Palin] administration killed our bill," said Alaska state representative Les Gara, D-Anchorage. Gara and state Rep. Bob Lynn, R-Anchorage, co-sponsored a resolution early this year to force the Alaska Permanent Fund  a $40 billion investment fund, a portion of whose dividends are distributed annually to state residents  to divest millions of dollars in holdings tied to the Sudanese government.

In Thursday's debate, Palin said she had advocated the state divest from Sudan. "When I and others in the legislature found out that we had some millions of dollars [of Permanent Fund investments] in Sudan, we called for divestment through legislation of those dollars," Palin said.

But a search of news clips and transcripts from the time do not turn up an instance in which Palin mentioned the Sudanese crisis or concerns about Alaska's investments tied to the ruling regime. Moreover, Palin's administration openly opposed the bill, and stated its opposition in a public hearing on the measure.

"The legislation is well-intended, and the desire to make a difference is noble, but mixing moral and political agendas at the expense of our citizens' financial security is not a good combination," testified Brian Andrews, Palin's deputy treasury commissioner, before a hearing on the Gara-Lynn Sudan divestment bill in February. Minutes from the meeting are posted online by the legislature.

Gara says the lack of support from Palin's administration helped kill the measure.

"I walked out of that hearing livid," Gara recalled of the February meeting. Because of the Palin administration's opposition to the bill, "We could not get a vote in that committee," he explained. At no point did Palin come out in support of the effort, Gara said.

I guess by "barracuda" they meant "liar."

whomod #1012540 2008-10-04 5:55 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
must you continue to rub it in? I'm sure after the obamessiah ushers in the fourth reich you'll be appointed administrator of your very own camp for your loyalty. be content with that.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The National Review's Rich Lowry:

Quote:
A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America

It's like Care Bears meets Jenna Jameson!

Now tell me, How is it not sexist to suggest that Sarah Palin gives conservatives an erection? Seriously, I know the Republicans are desperate. But suggesting that Sarah Palin gives conservative guys an erection - and tell me that isn't what that quote is about - is probably the most sexist review ever of a vice presidential candidate's debate performance in the history of American politics.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that most women don't like the idea of being picked for the vice presidency because they make Republican guys hard. We are talking about the future of our economy. The future of our life savings. The future of 150,000 American troops risking their lives in Iraq. And a top conservative leader says that what really matters is that Sarah Palin makes guys hard.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Please don't use the whip against me at the work camps. Please comrade whomod show mercy.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
'SLAY-THREAT' TWIST IN ALASKA SCANDAL: The former wife of the Alaska public-safety chief fired by Gov. Sarah Palin has accused her ex of threatening to kill her - a startling twist in the politically charged Troopergate case.

But he's trying to bring down a popular Republican so violence against women and kids is okay.
Sincerely,
whomod and MEM

the G-man #1013212 2008-10-06 2:01 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
now in all fairness to whomod, I don't think he flip-flopped on this one. I mean when did he state he was opposed to violence against women and children?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You're right. Maybe we should change that to Promod.

the G-man #1013224 2008-10-06 2:14 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
nah, pro's cool. it's just that if he changes his mind about something while we're watching it'll kinda snap his streak of always being right. and also put a helluva dent in his transcendent aura of superiority. ;\)

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'll take your word for that but whenever he gets that sandy vagina it's hard to tell who he might take a swing at.

the G-man #1013289 2008-10-06 5:34 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i think Pro is just having trouble feeling relevant with the onset of middle age, grasping to the "in" thing Obama makes him feel like he's hip....

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

This morning, Sarah Palin admitted voters wanted to hear about issues, but then, she got back to her script continued her non-issues related smear attack on Barack Obama:

Quote:
An unintentionally ironic moment just now at Palin's rally in Clearwater, Florida. Teeing up her Ayers/patriotism attack on Obama, she went off script and recalled her recent interview with "mainstream media" (also known as Katie Couric).

Palin lamented that she had been asked gotcha-style questions instead of about those issues that the voters wanted to hear about, mentioning the war, education and the economy.

I have no doubt Sarah appreciates the irony.

These guys can't even launch their desperate smear campaign against Obama properly.
This is gonna be fun.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
wow you've lost it haven't you?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whomod content User some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts 10/06/08 03:15 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
5000+ posts 10/06/08 04:22 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Palin = Greatest VP Candidate Ever

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I've written before that Palin is not a very bright person. And she proved it again today, in a way that made her own anti-Semitism fair game.

Don't get me wrong - Sarah Palin knows how to make love to the camera. The thing is, she isn't very smart. They're different skills, seducing an audience and actually having an intellect (and with my 401k in the balance, I'm gonna go with brains over winks). I say this because McCain made a mistake by designating Palin his attack dog. She reads a good script, but when she speaks her mind, as she did yesterday trying to attack Obama over Rev. Wright, she causes more trouble for her own campaign than Obama's.

Yesterday is a perfect example, and perhaps her most damaging yet. Palin did an interview with right-wing commentator Bill Kristol. Palin took it upon herself to talk about Rev. Wright:

Quote:
“To tell you the truth, Bill, I don’t know why that association isn’t discussed more, because those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that — with, I don’t know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn’t get up and leave — to me, that does say something about character. But, you know, I guess that would be a John McCain call on whether he wants to bring that up.”

Yeah, you see, Sarah Palin's inner idiot came out again on that one. If Sarah Palin thinks not getting up and leaving when your pastor says something outrageous in church says something about your character, then Sarah Palin just called herself a rabid anti-Semite.

Sarah Palin sat in her conservative evangelical church, twice, and said nothing when her visiting pastors and speakers attacked another great nation and another great people - Jews and Israel.

Just three years ago, Palin sat in church and did nothing - nay, she went up on stage and joined a rather out-there evangelical preacher minutes after he said that the reason we have so much corruption on Wall Street is that it's run by Jews. Yes, she really did. Here is what Sarah Palin's guest preacher said, in her presence, minutes before she joined him in front of the entire congregation:

Quote:
"The second area whereby God wants us, wants to penetrate in our society is in the economic area. The Bible says that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous. It's high time that we have top Christian businessmen, businesswomen, bankers, you know, who are men and women of integrity running the economics of our nations. That's what we are waiting for. That's part and parcel of transformation. If you look at the -- you know -- if you look at the Israelites, that's how they work. And that's how they are, even today. When we will see that, you know, that the top transporters (?) in the lands, we see, you know, the bankers, we see the people holding the parts (?), they are believers, we will not have the kind of corruption that we are hearing in our societies."

Don't believe me? Watch for yourself.

Did you catch that? Sarah Palin's guest preacher says that if only good Christians could take control of the banking industry away from the wicked Jews we would "not have the kind of corruption that we are hearing in our societies." Nice. And she "didn't get up and leave," she got up and joined the anti-Semite on stage moments later.

Then there's the time, this past August 17 - just six weeks ago - that Sarah Palin sat in church and listened to (and may have even given a donation to) a Jews for Jesus founder David Brickner who, in Palin's presence, said Palestininian terrorist attacks on Israelis are God's "judgment" on Jews who haven't embraced Christianity.

Did you catch that? According to Palin's friend the guest-preacher, it's the Jews' own fault that the terrorists blow them up in Israel. If only Jews would convert to Christianity, and stop being so Jewish, nobody would have to kill them, says Palin's guest-preacher with her in attendance.

Sarah Palin sat there, didn't say a word, didn't leave, and according to one report may have even donated money to the man after he basically said that Jews in Israel deserve to get blown up. Here is what the Jews for Jesus executive director had to say:

Quote:
Brickner also described terrorist attacks on Israelis as God's "judgment of unbelief" of Jews who haven't embraced Christianity.

"Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It's very real. When [Brickner's son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment — you can't miss it."

Palin was in church that day...

Sarah Palin was there. Sarah Palin didn't leave. She may have given a donation to one man preaching anti-Semitism, and she got up and stood alongside a second man preaching anti-Semitism. Under her own standard enunciated today, Sarah Palin just admitted that she's an anti-Semite. That should go over well over in Florida.

it's damn funny every time the hapless hunter gets shot by their own weapon.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
talk about broken.....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
5000+ posts 10/06/08 04:39 PM Reading a post
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
McCain joins in on the Anti-Semetism. From Ben Smith at Politico, quoting Paul Begala:

Quote:
And I think Governor Palin here is making a strategic mistake. This guilt by association path is going to be trouble ultimately for the McCain campaign. You know, you can go back, I have written a book about McCain, I had a dozen researchers go through him, I didn’t even put this in the book. But John McCain sat on the board of a very right-wing organization, it was the U.S. Council for World Freedom, it was chaired by a guy named John Singlaub, who wound up involved in the Iran contra scandal. It was an ultra conservative, right-wing group. The Anti-Defamation League, in 1981 when McCain was on the board, said this about this organization. It was affiliated with the World Anti-Communist League – the parent organization – which ADL said “has increasingly become a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racists and anti-Semites.”

Let's not forget: John McCain voted against the Martin Luther King holiday. He likes to call himself a maverick, but 95% of the time he's a right-wing Republican, the kind of guy who sat on the board of groups associated with Jew-haters. And I'm sorry, I don't care if this was in the 1980s. It's not like it was okay to be a racist and an anti-Semite in the 1980s. It wasn't. This isn't ancient history. McCain was already in his mid-40s. He wasn't a young man. If you're associated with racists and anti-Semites in your 40s, it's not a youthful indiscretion.

It probably explains why most of the RKMB'S support the guy though....

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
And I'm sorry, I don't care if this was in the 1980s. It's not like it was okay to be a racist and an anti-Semite in the 1980s. It wasn't. This isn't ancient history. McCain was already in his mid-40s. He wasn't a young man. If you're associated with racists and anti-Semites in your 40s, it's not a youthful indiscretion.

But it's okay to be a racist in the 90's and 2000's?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
only if you're a democrat.

- jesse 'hymietown' jackson

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'd vote against the Martin Luther King Holiday as well, it's bad form to honor adulterers.

For the record I'd vote against Columbus Day as well, there are better people to honor than either of them....

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I vote for arbor day and halloween to take their place in the paid holiday list.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I used to vote for Arbor day as the floating holiday at the first factory I worked at. I never won the vote, but there was victory in my soul.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
I used to vote for Arbor day as the floating holiday at the first factory I worked at. I never won the vote, but there was victory in my soul.

Why the fuck would people not want a paid holiday in the Spring?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
they always voted the day after thanksgiving, which we got off anyways just unpaid, who the fuck cant budget for one day after thanksgiving?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
A fucking retard. I know some would probably want to play the Christmas shopping card, but I think that is complete bullshit.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Paid holidays?

Why are you guys so anti small business?

don't you know all that no work with pay is what is killing our entreprenueurs??

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I'm sure which ever big two guy is elected president, he'll do a good job of adding them to the bureaucratic payrolls.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser on Sunday, Sarah Palin “fumbled” while praising U.S. soldiers in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, referring to Afghanistan as a “neighboring country”:

Quote:
“They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan,” she told several hundred supporters at a fundraising event in San Francisco.

Afghanistan borders neither the United States nor Iraq. Asian geography appears equally difficult for Sen. John McCain, who has discussed an imaginary Iraq-Pakistan border.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Paid holidays?

don't you know all that no work with pay is what is killing our entreprenueurs??

I keep forgetting you work at the welfare dept.

See businesses aren't forced to offer paid holidays, those that can afford it offer it. Now when the Obamassiah taxes them to death I'm sure some will be forced to cut them out.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Paid holidays?

you have no idea what it's like being a small business owner. You are so angry and ignorant you won't even listen to reason.

Page 30 of 43 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard