Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

Wow. An exculpatory news packet on William Ayers links to Obama having nothing to do with terrorism but with Chicago education reform.

And a news scrawl on the bottom reminding us of the DOW plunging as a reminder of the very real crisis we face even as McCain tries desperately to change the subject to superfluous accusations.

Thanks BSAMS!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
amazing how you miss the part about bombing the capitol and the pentagon, the part about how Obama lied at the debate, the part were he launched his career at his friend Ayers home....

thanks whomod for showing what a idiot you are

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
but an msnbc screencap makes it gospel of course...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch

You want another source to tell you that the DOW dropped over 500 points today because you don't trust MSNBC?

Geez....

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
amazing how you miss the part about bombing the capitol and the pentagon, the part about how Obama lied at the debate, the part were he launched his career at his friend Ayers home....

what a idiot I am

We all know Ayers past. What that past has to do with Barack Obama is still a mystery. By the time Obama met Ayers, Ayers was already part of the Chicago educational community, working with local government on educational issues.

it's funny how you and the McCain campaign try to INFER somehow that Ayers and Obama were in the basement cooking up terror plots or something..

here's the CNN transcript BTW about Obama launching his camapign at Ayers' house. It seems you're trying to simply listen to the accusatory pats and covering your ears to the fact that it's all pretty much having to do with education reform and local politics and having NOTHING to do with terrorism.

Quote:
Ayers has strong defenders in Chicago, among them Richard Daley, the mayor, who called Ayers a valued member of the Chicago community. The city gave Ayers its citizen of the year award in 1977 for his work on the Annenberg Project.

For Obama, the chairmanship of the $100 million Annenberg board helped vault him from South Side Chicago lawyer to political player. And that, too, has another connection to Bill Ayers. [stand]In 1995, months after the little known Barack Obama became Annenberg Project chair, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced the young Obama as her political heir apparent.

Where was that introduction made? At the home of the '60s radicals Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. The Obama campaign again says it is just a coincidence.

DUNN: A Democratic state senator organizes a meeting of her supporters at the house of another one of her supporters. What is the problem here, Drew? It is the worst kind of inference and the worst kind of politics to say that, somehow, that says something about Barack Obama.

As the news packet said also, it's just trying to infer some sot of culpability on terrorism to Obama based on the fact that Obama and Ayers knew the same people in local government and education reform. Again, you guys need to explain what the hell this has to do with terrorism.

Quote:
GRIFFIN: Anderson, this meeting at Bill Ayers' home has been classified in many different ways. What I can tell you from two people who were actually there is, number one, former State Senator Alice Palmer says she was in no way organized this meeting. She was invited and attended it briefly.

And, Dr. Quinton Young (ph), a retired doctor, told us this indeed was Barack Obama's political coming-out party and it was hosted by Bill Ayers.

COOPER: So, Drew, if Obama and Ayers worked together with others to, I guess, improve schools, what exactly is the McCain/Palin camp saying is wrong with -- with this relationship, or this working relationship, or however you want to characterize it?

GRIFFIN: Well, Anderson, I haven't contacted the McCain campaign on this issue.

Honestly, it's just desperate innuendo on your and McCain's part. How this is going to resolve the economic crisis is beyond me.

Again, it seems the right just can't seem to stop fighting the culture wars and the divisions of the 1960's and the Vietnam era. Even if the opponent happened to be a child a the time of all this social upheaval. It may have resonated 20 years ago, but it's a tired and dated script already. William Ayers as well as this country have all moved on. The only ones still talking about "hippies", Jane Fonda, and 60's radicals seems to be the geezers and the geezr minded of the far right conservative movement. To them it'll forever be 1980.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch

You want another source to tell you that the DOW dropped over 500 points today because you don't trust MSNBC?

Geez....

Quote:
Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Markets Drown in Another Selling Wave

Matt Egan
FOXBusiness

The Dow plummeted another 500 points to five-year lows on Tuesday as Wall Street shrugged off another emergency effort by the Federal Reserve to cure ailing credit markets.

The selloff capped the Dow's worst five-day point drop in history and came despite the Fed unveiling another plan aimed at unfreezing credit and giving a strong signal that the door may be open to more interest rate cuts.

There, your FOX news confirms it. The Dow Jones lost over 500 points today. You see sammitch. IT'S TRUE!!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
OBAMASSIAH SAVE US!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whomod content User some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts 10/07/08 06:17 PM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: McCain's Economic Albatross.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
OBAMASSIAH SAVE US!

Funny how it was the Republicans for the past 7 years who clung on to Bush as somehow saving them from the evil Iraqi/Al qaeda conspiracy.

And here this numbskull has the stupidity to say that it's Obama supporters who think a man can "save us"?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I DID NOT MEAN TO BLASPHEMY!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
It only took about 60 seconds of research to find out that the founder of the 'Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America' group is a frequent contributor to Air America....you know, the openly liberal radio network.

You still want to claim it isn't a liberal "hit" group?

Uh huh.

And Juan Williams is a frequent contributor to FOX news but today I heard him being called a "liberal" by PJP.

Pat Buchanan is a frequent contributor to MSNBC, the "left wing" news channel according to conservatives, but I still hear him being called a conservative Republican.

obfuscate, G-Man, obfuscate.
are you insane? Liberals appear on Fox News all the time. You even used Juan Williams to defend one of your points this past weekend.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
yes he is insane.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Action star, and Republican, Chuck Norris said this, this past January, which Mike Huckabee looking on and not objecting:

Quote:
"Chuck Norris brought his tough-guy approach to the campaign trail Sunday, taking aim at John McCain's age and suggesting the Arizona senator might not last even a single term. Norris, an ardent supporter of Mike Huckabee, told reporters he believes serving as president accelerates the aging process 3-to-1. 'If John takes over the presidency at 72 and he ages 3-to-1, how old will he be in four years? Eighty-four years old — and can he handle that kind of pressure in that job?' Norris said, as Huckabee looked on. 'That's why I didn't pick John to support, because I'm just afraid the vice president will wind up taking over his job within that four-year presidency.' added the action star."

President Palin taking over the reins of the finance crisis, anyone? It's okay, you don't need to retire anyway.

Quoting chuck norris? What next? The national enquirer?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Action star, and Republican, Chuck Norris said this, this past January, which Mike Huckabee looking on and not objecting:

Quote:
"Chuck Norris brought his tough-guy approach to the campaign trail Sunday, taking aim at John McCain's age and suggesting the Arizona senator might not last even a single term. Norris, an ardent supporter of Mike Huckabee, told reporters he believes serving as president accelerates the aging process 3-to-1. 'If John takes over the presidency at 72 and he ages 3-to-1, how old will he be in four years? Eighty-four years old — and can he handle that kind of pressure in that job?' Norris said, as Huckabee looked on. 'That's why I didn't pick John to support, because I'm just afraid the vice president will wind up taking over his job within that four-year presidency.' added the action star."

President Palin taking over the reins of the finance crisis, anyone? It's okay, you don't need to retire anyway.

Quoting chuck norris? What next? The national enquirer?

About two weeks ago the Midnight Globe did a cover story about how Obama was a Muslim terrorist sleeper agent. I almost bought it and scanned it so I could post it here for the next time whomod tried to claim that tabloids are a valid source of political news.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'm starting a subscription to the Globe tonight!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
HOLY SHIT!

Here's the transcript:

Quote:
"You and I together will confront the $10 trillion debt that the federal government has run up and balance the federal budget by the end of my term in office. (Applause) Across--across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners. And the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent! You know, we've all heard what he's said, but it's less clear what he has done, or what he will do."

http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2011

Quote:
We're now left to determine how this affects John McCain as a leader. To be certain, PTSD in and of itself should never disqualify a person from holding any job. If that were the case, no one who's served in combat would ever get hired. What matters is the extent to which it affects each individual. Many people with whom I associate have some level of combat-induced PTSD, whether it manifests itself minimally as insomnia, occasional nightmares, impatience, and emotional distance, or, more severely, in the form of panic attacks and a crippling inability to focus or function. The bottom line is that everyone processes it and handles it differently. That said, when a person refers to Americans in a speech--nearly 40 years later--as "my fellow prisoners," this denotes a level of trauma that simply cannot be ignored.

On the other hand, if we're witnessing some form of dementia unrelated to PTSD, then there's even less flexibility. I'm not aware--and I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert here--of dementia being very treatable, much less reversible. Perhaps if Americans were granted access to McCain's health records, we'd know where to start.

So this goes to the heart of the question: Where is John McCain's mind? Is it here, with us, focused on the future? Or is it trapped, caught in an endless loop of horror, always focused on Vietnam, to the point that any appropriate sense of time becomes warped--to the point that Vietnam is not necessarily something from the past, but something that is still occurring. It's as if John McCain looked out across his supporters--the people who give him strength--and he saw his fellow prisoners.

Of course, this is incredibly sad. This is probably the sign of a war wound--of mental scarring--sustained on behalf of each and every American. We're talking about a guy who literally sacrificed his own body and mind in the service of his country. And we shouldn't forget that.

But it warrants our full attention. Because that combat injury now has the potential to color John McCain's judgment in ways that we can't predict. It can be the thing that drives his motivations and his decision-making process. For John McCain to make such a statement--regardless of the cause--shows us that his experience in Vietnam takes up so much of his mental space that it affects each aspect of his thought process. And frankly, that's not something we can accept from someone in the position to which he aspires.

sort of reminds me of that Beavis and Butthead bit where the barbeque grill fell on their neighbor and he started having flashbacks of being in a Viet cong prison.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
a man gets tortured defending this great nation and you mock him. it shows your character, and the character of the candidate you support.

Irwin Schwab #1014431 2008-10-08 11:56 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Does this surprise you, BSAMS? whomod and Obama both follow a terrorist who wanted people like McCain dead.

the G-man #1014437 2008-10-09 12:08 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
McCain just called Americans "My fellow prisoners". This isn't some small little gaffe considering his background, his age, and the mentioned post-traumatic stress from which he probably still suffers. Just because George Herbert Bush focused Reagan's addled mind, and helped him become one of the greatest Presidents of the 20th century, does not mean the same would/could happen with McCain. A display of mental misstep is not something I take lightly in the guy that wants me to vote him in charge of the country. Don't you have any better reaction than "whomod sucks/hates America" (which he does)? I'm curious to hear whether you think this is just no big deal or what...

Prometheus #1014444 2008-10-09 12:13 AM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Obama referred to touring the "57 states". This isn't some small little gaffe considering his background was this a gaffe or considering his Muslim background could this be a reference to the 57 states of Islam? I'm curious to hear whether you think this is just no big deal or what...

Prometheus #1014445 2008-10-09 12:14 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama and Biden have made similar gaffes. Most people make them.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
a man gets tortured defending this great nation and you mock him. it shows your character, and the character of the candidate you support.

He got "tortured"?

But I thought the types of things done to McCain, the Bush Administration and even you guys on occasion referred to as nothing worse than fraternity pranks.

Shows how relative you think "torture" and the rule of law is.

I also seem to recall that GOP hero and now informal McCain advisor Karl Rove once accused McCain of treason for what he did in that prison. With allegations of spilling secrets then using Ted Sampley of swiftboat fame as a surrogate to infer that McCain was (like Obama now) a "Manchurian Candidate". He accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama. Especially since I seem to recall almost the entirety of the right wing and the Republicans swearing by Sampley's accusations against John Kerry. Including some of the dimwits here on these boards. So based on that trust and legitimacy given to Ted Sampley by Republicans, it sure sounds like someone that the right wing Republicans heed and trust to not be wrong on stuff.

You go to bed with snakes and ultimately you're the one that's gonna get bit.

whomod #1014455 2008-10-09 12:29 AM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Quote:
It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama

You mean, the one where I said (paraphrase) "this is rumor on a blog so take it for what it is worth"?

That's a bit different than you and YouTube videos and wild accusations that you expect us to treat as fact.

McCain accidentally said "prisoners". Obama accidentally said "my Muslim faith."

By your reckoning, then, Glorious Leader outed himself as a closet Jihadist.

the G-man #1014461 2008-10-09 12:40 AM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama

You mean, the one where I said (paraphrase) "this is rumor on a blog so take it for what it is worth"?

That's a bit different than you and YouTube videos and wild accusations that you expect us to treat as fact.

McCain accidentally said "prisoners". Obama accidentally said "my Muslim faith."

By your reckoning, then, Glorious Leader outed himself as a closet Jihadist.

It wasn't an accusation, it was what it was. McCain calling people "prisoners" and a vet wondering if it was PTSD or dementia, or both.

No one asserted conclusively what it was. but it was there for people to draw their own conclusions. Just like the Obama "my Muslim faith" video. which judging from the non response after it occurred, people clearly understood that he was referring to McCain not accusing him of being one.

I wouldn't get all hot about this G-Man. This slip-up will probably disappear as well. Unless it doesn't, of course. ;\)

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

He got "tortured"?

But I thought the types of things done to McCain, the Bush Administration and even you guys on occasion referred to as nothing worse than fraternity pranks.

Shows how relative you think "torture" and the rule of law is.

I also seem to recall that GOP hero and now informal McCain advisor Karl Rove once accused McCain of treason for what he did in that prison. With allegations of spilling secrets then using Ted Sampley of swiftboat fame as a surrogate to infer that McCain was (like Obama now) a "Manchurian Candidate". He accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama. Especially since I seem to recall almost the entirety of the right wing and the Republicans swearing by Sampley's accusations against John Kerry. Including some of the dimwits here on these boards. So based on that trust and legitimacy given to Ted Sampley by Republicans, it sure sounds like someone that the right wing Republicans heed and trust to not be wrong on stuff.

You go to bed with snakes and ultimately you're the one that's gonna get bit.
no actual terrorists were hurt during the filming of this water boarding.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Irwin Schwab #1014576 2008-10-09 11:22 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Obama referred to touring the "57 states". This isn't some small little gaffe considering his background was this a gaffe or considering his Muslim background could this be a reference to the 57 states of Islam? I'm curious to hear whether you think this is just no big deal or what...

Obama and Biden have made similar gaffes. Most people make them.

I haven't heard anything about Obama saying "57 States", and/or when anything about him saying "my Muslim faith". When did these occur, and what were the context in which they were spoken?

Prometheus #1014589 2008-10-09 1:37 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

It's really sad that a man as young as Obama is going senile, forgetting things he's done and said, how many states are in the nation, unable to complete sentences. whomod told me that things like that are old age and losing one's mind when McCain does it, so it must be true with Obama as well. It has to be. whomod would never hold a Republican up to a completely different standard than a Democrat.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #1014590 2008-10-09 1:45 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'll check it when I get home. Work computers block YouTube, so I cannot see what you posted...

Prometheus #1014667 2008-10-09 6:29 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you should quit that job.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah, but there's no drug testing at Pro's current job...

the G-man #1014713 2008-10-09 7:52 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Come on G-Man...that makes no sense, since you don't even know what I do. I'm sorry, I can't give you credit for that one. It's so.....Sammitch...

Prometheus #1014715 2008-10-09 7:53 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I think he was just kidding around.

PJP #1014720 2008-10-09 7:58 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that pot is making Pro jumpy....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Paranoid, even.

the G-man #1014783 2008-10-10 12:00 AM
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
heh

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
PJP #1014794 2008-10-10 12:14 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
I think he was just kidding around.

I realize that...doesn't make it worthy of his normal standards of response.

that pot is making Pro jumpy....

Paranoid, even.

"Republican Gang....ASSEMBLE!"

Prometheus #1014796 2008-10-10 12:14 AM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
we even have rings that turn one of us into a form of water one into a wild animal and one into a grandfather type figure!

PJP #1014797 2008-10-10 12:16 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Well-played...

Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard