Metaman lands outside the Thunder City Gazette Building, where a crowd soon gathers around him. The people of Thunder City have not seen their hero for three years now, since he went into seclusion. Even in his bulky protective suit, Metaman is recognizable.

As several people are asking for his autograph, Scoop Randall and Lizzy Parker walk up to Metaman. The two reporters smile as they greet the hero, and the crowd backs away slightly to give them a small amount of privacy.

"Scoop! My best pal," Metaman says. "And Lizzy, my best girl."

"Where have you been, pal?" asks Scoop, a blond-haired young man. "It's been years!"

"I know," says Metaman. "I had my reasons for leaving." He turns to his former girlfriend, a red-haired beauty. "And you, Lizzy? How have you been doing?"

"Thanks for asking, Metaman," says Lizzy, "but we're in the middle of a crisis, here. A group of meta-powered men are stealing the world's technology. I assume that's why you've returned."

Metaman scans the horizon with his meta-vision. "Yes, I was summoned by the Meta Board, but I didn't know the reason until now."

"Are you able to fight them?" asks Lizzy, looking concerned. "Can you... fight them safely?"

"I'll be all right," says Metaman assuringly. "This protective suit that Doc Quantum made for me will protect me... and them."

Ben Fowler read the words he'd just typed. Scoop Randall? he thinks. Is he related to Buzz Randall?

He felt a bit unnerved that he had no idea where the story was taking him, and he decided to leave it alone for the day.