Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 94 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 93 94
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I would be surprised if Whomod agrees with everything that Obama does, much like many conservatives on this board do with McCain. Where's the criticism that was displayed before McCain won the primary? It got replaced with criticism aimed at Obama.

That's the stupidest thing you could say. Seriously, you just shot yourself in the foot.

To my knowledge, neither BSAMS nor PJP ever disliked McCain. And even when I started pushing for McCain out of fear of Obama becoming president, I have never let up on how much of a fucking idiot he is. I'm not sure if G-man feels as strongly about McCain's assholery as I do, but I imagine he's not supporting McCain so much as he's against Obama--Of course, that was before he realized the futility of trying to fight the inevitable rise of the Obamaocracy.

You are the one who's pulled a 180 on Hillary in favor of putting Obama on a pedestal.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

You are the one who's pulled a 180 on Hillary in favor of putting Obama on a pedestal.

I still have problems with Obama Pariah & think Hillary would make a better President. How have I put Obama on a pedestal?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
How haven't you?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
How haven't you?

Well I've repeatedly said that I still like McCain. I don't have pages & pages of posts trying to tear McCain down. Most of the criticism I've had for Obama still hasn't changed. Where's the pedestal Pariah?

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
well 6 months ago you praised McCain and blasted Obama. The minute he got the nom you followed. Which is fair since you are a dem and usually vote dem but you did say some nasty things about Obama. I never said anything Nasty about McCain and he was always my second choice after Rudy.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
well 6 months ago you praised McCain and blasted Obama. The minute he got the nom you followed. Which is fair since you are a dem and usually vote dem but you did say some nasty things about Obama. I never said anything Nasty about McCain and he was always my second choice after Rudy.

Even there I still wasn't for changing Obama's religion for him to help get my candidate more votes. There is no high road there PJP.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Well I've repeatedly said that I still like McCain. I don't have pages & pages of posts trying to tear McCain down. Most of the criticism I've had for Obama still hasn't changed. Where's the pedestal Pariah?

I wasn't talking about McCain. I was talking about Obama. The fact that you avoid talking about Obama just proves you're full of shit.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I wasn't talking about McCain. I was talking about Obama. The fact that you avoid talking about Obama just proves you're full of shit.

I fail to see how not criticising Obama enough to suit someone who's voting McCain is putting Obama on a pedestal. A bit of an exageration on your part IMHO but all part of the campaign fever that I original was talking about.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I fail to see how not criticising Obama enough to suit someone who's voting McCain is putting Obama on a pedestal. A bit of an exageration on your part IMHO but all part of the campaign fever that I original was talking about.

Yet again, you avoid talking about the specificity of your paradigm switch in regards to Obama.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Yet again, you avoid talking about the specificity of your paradigm switch in regards to Obama.

I thought we were talking about your exageration about me putting Obama on a pedestal?

I said that many criticisms I have of Obama are still there. I've consistently said that changing his religion for him was a bunch of crap even when Hillary was in the game. Hardly a 180 degree change that you call it.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I thought we were talking about your exageration about me putting Obama on a pedestal?

I'm sure that's what you're inferring, but what I'm saying is that you're being evasive.

Quote:
I said that many criticisms I have of Obama are still there.

Of which you're being very selective about stating.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I'm sure that's what you're inferring, but what I'm saying is that you're being evasive.

Actually you brought it up & instead of defending it you moved on presumably because you & I know it's an exageration.

Quote:
I said that many criticisms I have of Obama are still there.

Of which you're being very selective about stating. [/quote]

I'm not sure what the problem is there Pariah, unless you feel I haven't criticised Obama in the past & I think it's recognized that I have.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Actually you brought it up & instead of defending it you moved on presumably because you & I know it's an exageration.

You inferring exaggeration means I'm inferring exaggeration?

Quote:
I'm not sure what the problem is there Pariah, unless you feel I haven't criticised Obama in the past & I think it's recognized that I have.

Of course you have. And now you're tucking it under the carpet.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

You inferring exaggeration means I'm inferring exaggeration?

I don't see it as inferring but just recognizing it for what it is.

Quote:
 Quote:

Of course you have. And now you're tucking it under the carpet.

Odd I just said I still had criticisms of Obama & you consider it tucking it under the carpet. Seems we're moving towards more exageration on your part.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-10-22 3:15 AM.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I supported McCain for years, what are you on? I've never really seen anything to criticize him on, he's a moderate like myself, give and take.

If you take away the associations with terrorist, closet Muslim beliefs, terrorist appeasement policies, 20 years of bigot church attendance, killing of babies and antisemitism, I may very well have voted for Obama myself.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So in other words, you have him on a pedestal?

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\:

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/21/Obama_camp_to_charge_for_Nov_4_access/UPI-79741224638560/

Quote:
CHICAGO, Oct. 21 (UPI) -- Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign is charging news organizations if they want to cover the senator's election-night gala in Chicago.

In a memo sent Tuesday, the Obama campaign says media credentials will cost $715 to $1,815, depending on whether electrical and phone lines are needed and whether an indoor or outdoor seat is requested for the event in Grant Park, Crain's Chicago Business reported Tuesday.

The campaign said free admission is available for the "general media" area, which will not have access to top campaign officials.

"Please note that the general media area is outdoors, unassigned and may have obstructed views ... standing room only," the memo said.

Senior campaign officials will be available only in the "press file" tent, for which an additional admission fee of $935 per person is being charged.

An Obama spokesman said that the fees will only pay the costs of such things as building risers with a view of the stage.

...this is a preview of his Press Tax he plans to implement as Glorious Leader....

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Of course, this won't bother the center-left media at all. They'll just view it as yet another willing donation to the coffers of the Benevolent Adjudicator in his war against the voices that must be silenced.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

How can you recognize the way things are when you're inferring such erroneous ideas?

Quote:
Odd I just said I still had criticisms of Obama & you consider it tucking it under the carpet. Seems we're moving towards more exaggeration on your part.

Once again, you fail another opportunity to strengthen the argument that you're still critical of Obama.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
PARIAH! Off topic forum. Now. Your woman is back.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

How can you recognize the way things are when you're inferring such erroneous ideas?

Perhaps you should explain your charge that I put Obama on a pedestal then? Do any of the McCain posse put their guy on a pedestal? Do you feel there are any liberals on this board that don't put Obama on a pedestal?

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I think there are many liberals here who are silent because they dont agree with Obama.

Here is a candidate that wont release his birth records, his college papers(Which Bush, Gore, McCain and Kerry have all done when running for Pres.), his whole life is a secret. If you have nothing to hide, then open up.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/obama-money.html

Quote:
Having hauled in a record $208,333 every hour of every day last month -- $150 million in all -- plus a few more unreported millions so far this month, Barack Obama is worried that he might come up short in the political money war with the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket.

Just to relieve himself of that $150 million before the polls open, Obama will have to spend $12.5 million a day.

An Official Obama-Biden car magnet

But he needs some more.

And, according to an e-mail plea to supporters, tonight's the absolute deadline to donate $10 more and receive your special edition Official Obama-Biden car magnet.

Having now collected more than $605 million altogether, the freshman senator shows no concern over the appearance of buying the presidency. Imagine for a moment the national political conversation that could be going on now if rich Republicans had raked in that much loot for one campaign.

Obama's team is so well-funded and well-organized it has spread its political web into one-time red states, forcing McCain to defend them with his measly $84.1 million in federal funds.

Obama aides privately profess profound concern that additional financial resources from the Republican National Committee could make the GOP ticket competitive in the closing days. And the Cincinatti Bengals are a real Super Bowl threat this year.

"The race is deadlocked in a number of crucial battleground states," the urgent e-mail proclaims, "including Ohio, Missouri and Indiana. And we're neck-and-neck in Florida, North Carolina and Nevada.

"We have to make our final, tough decisions about where to fight and how strong we can make our team. And those choices will depend on the financial resources we have."

And, hey, if there's a few hundred million dollars left over in the campaign coffers on Nov. 5, win or lose, maybe Obama would like to put it toward the immense federal budget deficits that our colleague Stephen Braun warns this morning will confront the hopes and current plans of either an Obama or McCain White House come Jan. 21.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443913,00.html

OPEC Cuts Oil Production in Move to Boost Prices
Friday, October 24, 2008

Take that, OPEC.

The international oil cartel agreed Friday to cut daily production by 1.5 million barrels in a move to drive up prices on the international market — and, at the gas pump.

But, crude oil futures went in the other direction, falling 5 percent Friday in London trading on speculation that demand will continue to fall.

Oil fell sharply in morning trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange, with light sweet crude priced for December delivery at $64.40.

Hardline OPEC members Iran and Venezuela had been pushing members to slice production by 2 million barrels a day, with Iran's oil minister declaring, "The era of cheap oil is finished." When asked before Friday's meeting what price Iran would want for its oil, Gholam Hossein Nozari boasted, "The more the better."

OPEC, meanwhile, cited lower demand and market surpluses as reason for reducing output.

"The financial crisis is already having a noticeable impact on the world economy, dampening the demand for energy...and oil in particular," OPEC said in a press release after the decision was announced. "This slowdown in oil demand is serving to exacerbate the situation in a market which has been oversupplied with crude for some time."

It also noted that the collapse in oil prices — which have fallen over 55 percent since their mid-July peaks — may jeopardize oil projects and threaten supply growth in the medium term.

Iran is a traditional OPEC hardliner on prices and production and is the second largest producer within the organization. Saudi Arabia leads OPEC production, and was expected to lobby ministers for a smaller cut than proposed by Iran and Venezuela.

Iran has taken a liking to astronomical oil prices, using its newfound wealth to fuel its nuclear program in defiance of the U.S. and the global community.

Sam Gault, president of Gault Inc., a fifth-generation, family-owned oil business in Westport, Conn., said the Saudis still control OPEC's actions.

"Its really going to come down to whether Saudi Arabia wants to cut production, because they're the ones that can afford to cut production," Gault told FOXNews.com. "A lot of times the different members of OPEC wind up cheating on their quotas."

Analysts at JBC Energy in Vienna, Austria, said that the oil cartel is likely to request non-OPEC producers, including Russia, to cooperate with them "in order to hinder the price slide."

"Behind the scenes negotiations (with Russia) are going on and a well-publicized joint cut is still possible," the analysts wrote in a report Thursday.

Over the last four weeks, gasoline demand fell 4.3 percent from the same period last year,a ccording to industry analysts. Distillate fuel demand was down 5.8 percent, and jet fuel demand was down 9.2 percent.

FOXNews.com's Jennifer Lawinski, the Associated Press, Wall Street Journal and Reuters contributed to this report.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
This will hurt Obama's campaign contributions.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
He might actually have to work for the job, rather than have it handed to him.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10132008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/an_obama_panic__133374.htm

Quote:
Barack Obama has re mained cool and confident amid the financial melt down, even as John McCain at times has been embarrassing, lurching from one proposal to the next. But while the polls are reflecting Obama's steady hand, the markets haven't. In fact, they're getting worse by the day as Obama's lead widens.

See Gasparino Talk About Obama's Economics on CNBC.

Most investors know the devil is in the details - and the details of Obama's economic plans are anything but reassuring.

Of course, the market turmoil is first a reflection of grim reality - the bursting of the housing bubble and the billions upon billions in writedowns and losses that have forced upon the hugely leveraged financial firms companies that had cranked big profits during the bubble years.

The resulting credit crunch is hitting Main Street harder than ever before. The country is headed for recession; the only question is: Just how low can the markets and economy go?

It could be a lot lower - it all depends on the policies of the next president.

And, as it looks increasingly likely that Obama will be that man, the markets are casting a vote of "no confidence."

To be fair, McCain hardly instills confidence among the Wall Streeters I speak to. Why has his campaign spent the last week focusing on Obama's friendship with former terrorist William Ayers - when it should be hitting Obama's blind loyalty to policies that bring together the worst elements of Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter?

Recently, Obama said he wants to expedite loans to small businesses, so he seems to have a clue that they produce much of the country's job growth. Yet his income-tax hike on upper brackets will hit vast numbers of small businesses - they'd face the highest rates they've seen in decades.

Overall, his plan includes some of the most lethal tax increases imaginable, including a jump in the capital-gains rate. He'd expand government spending massively, with everything from new public-works projects to increases in foreign aid to a surge in Afghanistan - plus hand out a token $500 welfare check that he calls a tax cut to everyone else.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Capital Gains affect everyone. If Uschi ever decides to sell her house Obama will take more of what she makes regardless of her income. That is just one of many ways his plans will cripple the economy.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
quality of life, quality of education, quality of government. you get what you pay for. there's a reason why America is falling behind in education, employment, and crime.
Canada and Europe are surpassing us quickly with socialized ideas. so we can cling to the free market idealogy and let the gap between rich and poor increase and be happy that we got a few hundred extra bucks to buy some useless crap or we can have a better country and compete in the world.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
quality of life, quality of education, quality of government. you get what you pay for. there's a reason why America is falling behind in education, employment, and crime.

So your solution is to elect a President that is weak on crime, wants to tax business out of hiring new employees, and that siphons education funds into crooked voter registration groups?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
no, and that's why i'm voting for Obama.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Youre voting for Obama because you want a candidate that is weak on crime, wants to tax business out of hiring new employees, and that siphons education funds into crooked voter registration groups?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
he's not "weak on crime." certainly not weaker than mccain who helped crimes happen with the keating five (or technically the other 4).
he wants to tax businesses that make a good sized profit. not tax them into oblivion, just a fair share. people below a certain level will either be unaffected or helped out and people making a lot of money will be taxed fairly on their income. that's part of being a member of society. and when that fair share is used to help others then the country as a whole benefits. i really hope you're not referencing joe the unlicensed tax evading "plumber" who is nowhere near able to buy his business.
crooked voter registration groups? if i said that about the republicans you would call me paranoid.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Quote:
he wants to tax businesses that make a good sized profit. not tax them into oblivion, just a fair share.

So you think if a company is taxed an extra $50k, the owner will say to his wife, "Honey we have to make due with a little less this year." Or do you think they will slow raises, reduce 401k contributions, slow hiring, ect to make sure that they still live the same lifestyle theyve been living?

now be honest Ray, not partisan.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
It's predictable and sad that the only tactics you guys on the right have is terrorism. Always trying to terrorize Americans into capitulating to your demands to rule America as you all think is your god given right.

Quote:
Republican former Mass. governor endorses Obama
By Holly Ramer
Associated Press Writer / October 24, 2008

CONCORD, N.H.—Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, a Republican, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president on Friday, citing the senator's good judgment, "deep sense of calm" and "first-class political temperament."

Weld said he's never endorsed a Democrat for president before, but in the last six weeks or so, it became "close to a no-brainer." Obama has a history of bringing Democrats, Republicans and independents together and is the best choice at a time when America's standing in the world is at a low point, he said.

"It's not often you get a guy with his combination of qualities, chief among which I would say is the deep sense of calm he displays, and I think that's a product of his equally deep intelligence," he said in a phone interview.

He insisted his endorsement was based on an assessment of Obama's strengths, not Republican John McCain's weaknesses.

"John McCain is a very good guy," he said. "I do think the Republican Party has been playing on an increasingly small field in the last couple of elections."

Weld joined other prominent Republicans endorsing Obama over McCain in the campaign's final weeks, including former Secretary of State Colin Powell, former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson and Scott McClellan, former press secretary to President Bush.

Weld announced his support at a news conference at Obama's campaign office in Salem. Last year, he came to New Hampshire to campaign for another former Massachusetts governor, Republican Mitt Romney, who ended his bid for the presidential nomination in February.

Weld was governor of Massachusetts from 1991 to 1997. Before that, he was U.S. attorney for Massachusetts under President Reagan and later led the criminal division of the U.S. Justice Department.

Narrow field. Is one way of saying it. Playing to an extremist right wing base to the detriment of everyone else is the best way to phrase it.Which is the same thing Powell said. It's amazing eh? Just how many moderate Republicans are endorsing in your words "a terrorist". Especially Colin Powell. Tell me exactly how Al qaeda recruited him, ok? Was William Ayers or ACORN involved? \:lol\:

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
We all know why Powell endorsed him.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Former Bush aide voting for Obama
Posted: 09:45 PM ET

From Extra
CNN

Watch McCllellan on D.L. Hughley Breaks the News.

(CNN) — Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday he's voting for Barack Obama.

"From the very beginning I have said I am going to support the candidate that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and getting things done and I will be voting for Barack Obama and clapping," McClellan told new CNN Host D.L. Hughley

McClellan, a onetime Bush loyalist whose scathing critique of the president sent shock waves across Washington last spring, has long hinted he was leaning toward the Illinois senator.

"It's a message that is very similar to the one that Gov. Bush ran on in 2000," McClellan said in May about Obama's campaign.

McClellan isn't the first member of Bush's inner circle to express support for Obama. In 2007, former Bush strategist Matt Dowd also said he had become disillusioned with the president and said Obama was the only candidate that appealed to him.

The full interview will air on D.L. Hugley's new show, D.L. Hughley Breaks the News, Saturday at 10 p.m. ET. Hughley is also a guest of Larry King Live Friday at 9 p.m. ET.

\:lol\:

osama Bin laden and William Ayers muSt have their giant Republican brainwaSHING MACHINE GOING ON AT FULL POWER NOW, EH?

Page 83 of 94 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard