Originally Posted By: rex
I just want people to be honest. I just want obama to come out and say that he has shady friends. I want obama supporters to see his faults and acknowledge them. I simply want people to reality as it really is.

i agree.

no one is perfect, particularly growing up or starting out. i think obama would be on a much better path if he made simple, definitive comments like "listen, i hung out with ayers, he funded this, but the more i found out, the more i disagreed" or "i realize now my relationship with rev wright that was an error in judgdment, and aim to fix anything i've wronged" etc.

fill in your own, better-phrased statements.

the point being it'd be more productive and more assuring, not to mention quicker and cheaper, to come out with that, rather than to bury and avoid and excuse and defend. like, he made a mistake (even if simply a political one) and now he's looking to adjust and improve -- which, more than likely, is exactly the case. i'd think that would resonate so much more with the public in his favor, both those that agree with him and otherwise. it'd give him a boost in the "i'm not just another politician" perspective and make him seem more genuine.

giant picture