Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 89 of 94 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 93 94
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
mem is already making excuses for obama.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
yeah but he was telling everyone he was going to fix everything......the past few months. He lied about a lot of things. if he wins you will see him do many things that will make you shake his head.

no one could possible have seriously thought everything would magically change overnight. he's not saying he won't make change or fix things, he's being honest about it being a long and difficult task.

Bow ties are coool.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
yeah but he was telling everyone he was going to fix everything......the past few months. He lied about a lot of things. if he wins you will see him do many things that will make you shake his head.

no one could possible have seriously thought everything would magically change overnight. he's not saying he won't make change or fix things, he's being honest about it being a long and difficult task.
How come when Bush said things like that you wouldn't give him the benfit of the doubt?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Bush was not a perfect President and Barack won't be a perfect President if he wins. No one could be. But you guys blasted his every move never once giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

How come when Bush said things like that you wouldn't give him the benfit of the doubt?

That's an excellent point. Look at how the libs think that Bush was supposed to prevent 9/11 by magically predicting when an Al Quaeda attack would occur.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Oh and trying to lower expectations is fine......but I would like to know if you Ray and MEM will be upset if he lied about the 95% of Americans will get a tax break since that was the cornerstone of his campaign?(class warfare to get elected then bait and switch)

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Oh and trying to lower expectations is fine......but I would like to know if you Ray and MEM will be upset if he lied about the 95% of Americans will get a tax break since that was the cornerstone of his campaign?(class warfare to get elected then bait and switch)
I am willing to guarantee that people making as low as 40,000 year will see tax increases within 1 year of an Obama Presidency.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Bush was not a perfect President and Barack won't be a perfect President if he wins. No one could be. But you guys blasted his every move never once giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He is a shitty president who squandered away so much IMHO but I sincerely doubt the McCain supporters on this board will be any more respectful if Obama wins & does a better job than W. Or would you?

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

yes, and i would also be mad if he invaded mexico and destroyed the moon. let's let him do the wrong thing before condemning him for it.
this isn't minority report!

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
let's let him do the wrong thing before condemning him for it.

I remember Democrats claiming that Bush's tax cuts had 'destroyed the economy' before those same cuts even took effect.

Which sort of discredits their claims regarding them now, I might add, insofar as it shows they were always biased against them.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

He is a shitty president who squandered away so much IMHO but I sincerely doubt the McCain supporters on this board will be any more respectful if Obama wins & does a better job than W. Or would you?
If Obama wins he is my President and I will pray every day he does right by the country. I'm not saying I won't criticize him but I won't hate him the way some libs hated Bush.

This is all Gore's fault really. He should never have challenged an election he lost fair and square. And as for Bush he made mistakes I have said that many times.....but he also suffered the worst terrorist attack ever the worst natural disaster ever and now the worst financial crisis in modern times ever.......NONE of them were his fault but he was forced to clean up the mess.

That fucking scum dem governor in Louisiana knew those levees were shit for years and never did anything....where was the uproar for that? Yeah Bush fucked up the FEMA response but maybe the black people should have voted for him(kidding!).

400+ posts
400+ posts
yeah but he was telling everyone he was going to fix everything......the past few months.
no he wasn't.

Quote:
He lied about a lot of things.
such as?

State Is Murder.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

yes, and i would also be mad if he invaded mexico and destroyed the moon. let's let him do the wrong thing before condemning him for it.
that's fine.....I pray that whoever wins has good karma and lots of luck......we need it. I actually also hope that whoever wins wins convincingly like Rob was saying......this way you can say it was a referendum. But I have a feeling this is going to be very close maybe a few days of tallying afterwards too and maybe I hope not a Republican challenge in Ohio if Obama wins because of the illegal votes in Ohio.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Tomorrow's Zogby Poll will show McCain has taken a 1 point lead.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
During the Obama infomercial Obama said if he loses he will run again in 2012.

If he loses this election he will be labeled unelectable. More of this shit will come out over the next few months and if he couldn't beat McCain in this horrible political climate that favors Obama along with the help of the media he will never win. I would imagine Hilary will run on the I told you so platform.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Considering the money he's able to raise it would have been a surprise (to me anyway) that he would run again if he lost this one. Same thing with Hillary if he loses. Nobody ever likes the "I told you so" person so if Obama loses I would hope she would avoid that.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
obama is the flavor on the month. He won't get his chance again.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

because he told people to shop and cut taxes while fighting two costly wars. he was like the cool uncle who stuffs you with candy and junk food, obama has to be the mom who cleans up the vomit and diarrea.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
That's a clever analogy. Did you come up with it all by yourself?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

because he told people to shop and cut taxes while fighting two costly wars. he was like the cool uncle who stuffs you with candy and junk food, obama has to be the mom who cleans up the vomit and diarrea.
When he said to us go out and shop.....he also said go out and do your normal business don't be afraid.....don't let the terrorists win.

People were scared. They needed to hear from our leader that it was ok to go outside and go back to "normal". He handled himslef brilliantly after 9/11 and I hope someday you realize that. I know the left hates him but that go outside and shop criticism is stupid and ignorant.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
maybe Obama can get her a driver's license....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

When he said to us go out and shop.....he also said go out and do your normal business don't be afraid.....don't let the terrorists win.

People were scared. They needed to hear from our leader that it was ok to go outside and go back to "normal". He handled himslef brilliantly after 9/11 and I hope someday you realize that. I know the left hates him but that go outside and shop criticism is stupid and ignorant.

I know Ray grew up in the liberal SF area, he seems like a good kid. Hopefully ray will get away from there someday and expand his views. Bush wasn't a very good administrator for sure. But no one in there right mind can fault the way Bush responded to the attack in the months following it. He got this country to keep going, if we had stopped for even a week it would have been a victory for those terrorist scumbags. A lot of whom are dead today.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
You can't cause terror with a bullet in your head!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/29/eveningnews/realitycheck/main4557520.shtml

Quote:
Without question, the Barack Obama infomercial served as a very slick and powerful recitation of the biggest promises he's made as a presidential candidate. But the very bigness of his ideas is the problem: he seems blind to the concept his numbers don't add up.

Obama has already proposed a new stimulus package of $188 billion over two years. His tax cuts will cost $85 billion a year. His "army of new teachers": $18 billion; Renewable energy: $15 billion. CBS News and various independent experts estimate Obama's total first year spending could exceed $280 billion.

Still Obama repeated his claim he can find the money to pay for every proposal.

"I've offered spending cuts above and beyond their cost," he has said.

The fact is the savings Obama has identified do not cover his spending. According to a CBS News estimate, he's around $90 billion short. The Obama campaign disputes this, saying everything including the stimulus is paid for over 10 years. But other analysts say - even presuming Obama saves money in Iraq and chops the federal budget as promised - he falls short.

Let's break all of this down, starting with his highly suspect, and widely discredited, claim that he can find federal "spending cuts beyond the costs" of his promises. Very few independent economists believe he has identified the savings needed to offset his remarkable list of tax credits, tax cuts and spending pledges.

Fact: Even if you believe Obama intends to fix health care, most independent analysts say the cost is massive - $1.2 trillion over ten years, according to the highly respected Lewin Group. When the new Congress wakes up next year to a $1 trillion deficit, and answers the overwhelming new demands for another stimulus package, will the leadership really bite on a health care reform package that digs the deficit hole so much deeper?

And that's just the beginning of what Obama would spend.

Fact: The tax cuts he promises, which are mostly refundable tax credits (code for cash back), will cost $60 billion just in year one, according the National Taxpayers Union, though the Obama campaign's own estimates in July put that figure at $130 billion.

Fact: His new promise to give businesses a $3,000 tax credit for each new job created will cost $40 billion. But economists say this credit is far more likely to benefit companies already planning to expand and will likely not be enough to help companies create new jobs or forestall layoffs.

Fact: Obama's claim he will lower health care premiums by $2,500 is: 1.) guesswork, which is 2.) based on health care savings that might, in a perfect world, happen over 10 years - a fact Obama neatly glosses over.

Fact: Obama, when referring to savings he can make by leaving Iraq ($90 billion, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates), has spent these savings several times over, across several different promises depending on the crowd he's addressing.

Most of the time he spends the Iraq savings in the context of the roads he wants to build; sometimes it's for the teachers he wants to hire. Tonight, he riffed rhetorically on the savings, asking how many scholarships could be funded, or how many schools could be built. In the end though, presuming he really saves $90 billion, he can only spend it once.

Remember he also mentioned rebuilding the military ($7 billion/yr); his education initiative ($18 billion/yr); and his energy initiative ($15 billion/yr). He did not mention the $188 billion that he would spend on the brand new stimulus package he has proposed.

If he closes every loophole as promised, saves every dime from Iraq, raises taxes on the rich and trims the federal budget as he's promised to do "line by line," he still doesn't pay for his list. If he's elected, the first fact hitting his desk will be the figure projecting how much less of a budget he has to work with - thanks to the recession. He gave us a very compelling vision with his ad buy tonight. What he did not give us was any hint of the cold reality he's facing or a sense of how he might prioritize his promises if voters trust him with the White House.

The liberal press it seems is slowly doing it's job, but it's likely too little too late. I think they want to cover their butt so if he is elected, when the truth comes out they have a story or two to point at and say, we tried.

400+ posts
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: 655321
yeah but he was telling everyone he was going to fix everything......the past few months.
no he wasn't.

Quote:
He lied about a lot of things.
such as?
you still trying to find a response to these? i'd be interested in seeing where he said he was going to fix everything and all these lies he's told.

State Is Murder.
400+ posts
400+ posts
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Tomorrow's Zogby Poll will show McCain has taken a 1 point lead.
\:lol\: where? i followed the link from drudge to zogby and this is what it says. he's not 'leading', he's still trailing.

http://www.zogby.com/main.htm
 Quote:
Republican John McCain made a small gain against Democrat Barack Obama and has pulled back within the margin of error, now trailing Obama by five points, 49.1% to 44.1%, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone poll shows.

State Is Murder.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
didja catch that 'within the margin of error' part right before the bold tags you added? us adults see that and know that it means they could just as easily be tied. and that's without factoring in the bradley effect. or the notorious inaccuracy of phone polls, exit polls, and most other polls that aren't the only poll that really matters.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
That plus what I had posted was yesterday's numbers where McCain was in fact ahead by 48 - 47. Zogby works on a 3 day average so that is one day out of 3 but they said the fact that it happened this late and hasn't happened in over a month was significant. It's just one day and I don't get too crazy over the polls but it was interesting to see. That spongebob dumbfuck is an insignificant speck of turd in the universe and therefore I don't respond to that kind of scum. But I like talking to you Phil!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Phil is my kind of scum!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
That plus what I had posted was yesterday's numbers where McCain was in fact ahead by 48 - 47. Zogby works on a 3 day average so that is one day out of 3 but they said the fact that it happened this late and hasn't happened in over a month was significant. It's just one day and I don't get too crazy over the polls but it was interesting to see. That spongebob dumbfuck is an insignificant speck of turd in the universe and therefore I don't respond to that kind of scum. But I like talking to you Phil!

Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
Phil is my kind of scum!

aw shucks guys!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
Damn I wish I had thought of that.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

The creation of the Obama SS.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Shit it's the cops let's get out of here!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He just bashed the military. The same military that will protect him if he is elected. Fucking douche.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

The creation of the Obama SS.

He wants to create "a civilian National Security Force" to augment the military?

We already have a Peace Corps and Vista. We already have police and fire departments.

So, unless he plans on organizing a giant, nationwide, "neighborhood watch," this is a pretty bizarre statement.

My best guess: he's talking in code for setting up a program of "national service" requirements where we're all forced, like college freshmen during orientation week, to donate our services to some government determined "cause."

A prediction: Obama will bring back the draft and add to it the idea that you can avoid military service by participating in the "civilian national security" force.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He wants to build a national community manager police force!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I hope I can survive the trail of tears to Montana....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Check this out HR 808, the Department of Peace & Non-Violence, it was ab Obama supported Bill. It’s a new cabinet level the Democrats are proposing. I’m not kidding. This is going to be huge. And expensive. And oppressive. Take a look at some of the offices:

* Office of Peace Education and Training
* Office of Domestic Peace Activities
* Office of International Peace Activities
* Office of Technology for Peace
* Office of Arms Control and Disarmament
* Office of Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution
* Office of Human Rights and Economic Rights

I wonder if this Peace Education and training will involve 20 ft tall fences with barbed wire?

A little deeper reading reveals this little tidbit:

Quote:
(6) create and establish a Peace Academy, which shall--

(A) be modeled after the military service academies;

(B) provide a 4-year course of instruction in peace education, after which graduates will be required to serve 5 years in public service in programs dedicated to domestic or international nonviolent conflict resolution; and

Page 89 of 94 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard