Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
I'm not sure you paid attention to what I was saying. If we nuked we wouldn't need to work with other countries, state support of terrorist would have ended.

The war on terror isn't the only thing we have to worry about. We also have to look at future enemies and possible wars. I also think that we'd probably have been targeted for even more attacks. I think the concept of us sending soldiers to put a boot up your ass for fucking or even thinking about fucking with the USA is a bit more frightening for terrorists than simply dieing in a possible atomic blast.

Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
From WW2 till 9-11 no one fucked with our homeland because of the threat of overwhelming response. That's been taken off the table. We blinked.

It's not because of our lack of the nuclear option being on the table. Don't forget the WTC bombings of the 90's or the Oklahoma City bombing which, though done by an American, is believed to have been funded by Muslim extremists. It was the lack of Clinton having the balls to take Osama down when he had the chance rather than the lack of us deploying nuclear weapons in response. I still say that dragging Osama's corpse out of his hole in Afghanistan would have done more to curtail terrorism than nuking an entire country.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."