Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
So are we shutting them down or not. You say not with nukes, which proves my point. If we nuked them this would be over. I respect the fact doc that you wanna believe that nuclear bombs are somehow more evil than crashing a plane into a building unprovoked killing thousands, but I'll never buy it.

I can't honestly tell if you're really not understanding what I'm saying or just arguing for shits and giggles. Let me take your own 9/11 reference and put it into easier to understand terms. What did 9/11 do? It killed about 3,000 Americans, civilians, in a terrifying way that was made a media spectacle around the world. What happened shortly afterwards? When the sheer horror it hit every one of us with finally wore off, we got pissed. We got pissed, and we kicked ass.

So say we dropped the bomb on Afghanistan instead of a ground invasion. Regular ole Muslims like Ahmed the used camel dealer can see that America is truly the Great Satan that Osama and his pals have been saying we were. OPEC decides to reduce production to one barrel a day (an exaggerated figure, I know), and gas prices shoot up to over $50 a gallon. Russia says to itself, "Fuck! These crazy Americans are going to use a bomb for any little thing," and start placing their nuke carrying subs off our coastlines again, ready to push the button if it looks even remotely like we're going to fuck with them. Pakistan and India say, "Well, the US did it," and nuke the shit out of each other. Total chaos. Dogs and cats living together. And Snarf still won't be able to get laid.

First off the OPEC guys couldn't cut off our oil, and won't. You mistaking these guys for idiots, they are in this to make money. Also you obviously dont understand how the oil supply demand works. Hugo Chavez himself and Iran have bragged about trying such but the experts point out that if they quit selling to the US then other countries pick up the slack in that lost market share its very fluid. If they could just cut off supplies they would do so now to prop up the price, but they have $ spent that must be replenished, projects in the works, the machine cant stop.

Also 9-11 wasn't any little thing, it was an unprovoked attack on thousands so Russia wouldn't look at it like that. Also Russia cares about itself not Muslims in Afghanistan(check your history book for reference). If Russia didn't nuke us during the Cuban missile crisis when we blockaded them, they aren't going to nuke us for killing people they were unsuccessful at killing.

Pakistan and India aren't going to kill themselves because we killed our attackers, that is very Snarfian of you to say so.