http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/12/08/the...yre-hard-to-do/

Quote:
Let’s face it, folks — when “The Dark Knight” director Christopher Nolan talks, people listen (especially if you’re a geek like us!). And while we patiently wait for his answer on whether he’ll return for the sequel to “The Dark Knight,” we’ll gladly check out anything the fan-revered director has to say about both the 2008 summer blockbuster or any hints he drops about the next installment.

In an interview with USA Today, Nolan is once again asked about his status with the production of the third installment of the current “Batman” film franchise, and once again, Nolan spoke briefly about the challenges he’d face if he does indeed sign on for another tour of duty, echoing what he mentioned in previous interviews.

“I don’t know why they’re hard to do,” Nolan said in the USA Today story. “Maybe there’s so much expectation to them. It was obvious when the box office was so big that we had underestimated how ready fans were to reboot the franchise. The worst thing you could do now that you’ve gotten the plane back in the air is mess up the landing.”

So while Nolan remains cryptic in terms of a return to the director’s chair, one thing he did talk about is the upcoming release of “The Dark Knight” on DVD and Blu-ray, and specifically the reason why fans won’t be seeing a lot of Heath Ledger or many deleted scenes in the extras.

“For my past three films, I really haven’t had scenes that didn’t make it in the movie,” said Nolan. “If it’s in the final script, I tend to put it on screen. I don’t like outtakes or gag reels. I don’t think it’s respectful to the actors, who signed on to have their performance on screen, not the takes that didn’t work out. It discourages actors from going all-out if they think every mistake is going on the disc.”