Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
HILL ALLY: CAROLINE IS NOT READY FOR SENATE
  • ALBANY - A powerful labor leader with strong ties to Sen. Hillary Clinton yesterday joined the growing ranks of Democrats bashing Caroline Kennedy as a possible successor to the former first lady in the US Senate.

"Caroline Kennedy, although I'm sure a fascinating and engaging person, simply doesn't have the experience or Washington know-how to get it done for New York," said Stuart Applebaum, president of the 100,000- member Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.

Yeah...how DARE Caroline Kennedy think that a woman could get named to the US Senate from New York on nothing but her last name and familial relationship with a famously philandering former US President?

I can see why Hillary's supporters would be outraged by the mere thought of it.

I don't personally have an opinion about Kennedy's qualifications. I don't really know much about her, however I do know Clinton wasn't given her seat but worked for it and was elected twice by the people for that office. She's proven that she's got more than just a last name to must people who are not avid Clinton haters.

Fair play!