Print Thread
Page 37 of 43 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 42 43
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
MEM doesn't seriously believe the media gave as much attention to Obama saying he campaigned in 57 states ...

...or referred to his "Muslim faith" before correcting himself

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Alaska Governor and failed Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin has mimed presidential tradition, but her effort at winged mercy was "cut" short. As she staged an impromptu press conference after her official act, a worker at the Triple D Farm and Hatchery in Wasilla, Alaska sliced a turkey's neck and bled it out behind the governor and in the camera's line of fire.

A reporter asked Palin if she was okay with the backdrop. The Alaskan Governor answered, "no worries." As the bird's head was removed, the man looked over his shoulder at the governor and reporters and flashed a toothy grin.

Palin just showed the world that she has real power. She showed us that when she pardons someone it means something (even if that someone is just a turkey). Look at what happens to one she doesn't pardon.

It shows that she'll be one tough President in 2013.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
MEM doesn't seriously believe the media gave as much attention to Obama saying he campaigned in 57 states ...

...or referred to his "Muslim faith" before correcting himself

I think you guys are a bit more sensitive to anything that you percieve as being critical to Palin than I could ever be with Obama. I saw both of those stories on the news & also posted here. Did anyone recieve grief for posting those? How much attention do these types of stories rate? I include the Palin turkey beheading too, it was funny to me but not anything I would say rates much of a lifespan via the newscycle.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
That's quite a dodge on your part. The RKMBs are not the mainstream media, nor even a microcosm of same. As such, you can't seriously argue that, because you saw an article posted here and commented upon at length, the "real" press devoted as much attention to it as we did.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I said I saw the Obama stories on the news besides seeing them posted here G-man.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Have you seen the way the press is all over her giving an interview at the turkey slaughterhouse? Where the hell do these people think their Thanksgiving turkeys come from? If they think this is so brutal, why do they eat turkey for thanksgiving? They are very intolerant of people who aren't elitists.

500+ posts
500+ posts

My internet girlfriend is more make believe than your internet girlfriend.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I don't know what happened to the original TK; but if his clone keeps up this level of posting, I don't want the original back.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
tp for tk!

giant picture
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14816886

Quote:
London: She might not have won the election, but Sarah Palin – the defeated US vice-presidential candidate – has topped Google's 2008 chart of the most web searches.

While the Alaskan Governor topped the Google’s image search list, Beijing Olympics 2008 came in at number 2 in the Google list of “fastest rising searches” followed by "Facebook login" and "Tuenti," a Spanish social networking website.

Late Hollywood actor Heath Ledger came in at number 4 and US President-elect Barack Obama, who created history with his win, rounded of the top 5, reports The Telegraph.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.screenindia.com/news/Snubbed-by-Palin--Oprah-is-fuming-now/395061/

Quote:
Oprah Winfrey has slammed Sarah Palin after the failed Republican vice-presidential candidate snubbed offers to appear on the chat queen’s show.

While Palin did make an appearance on other US hosts Greta Van Susteren, Matt Lauer and Larry King’s shows to talked about her unsuccessful bid to reach the White House, but she ignored ‘The Oprah Show’ despite being invited.

And such mistreatment has left Oprah bitter and she has now claimed that the Alaskan governor will be desperate to talk to her when she releases her memoirs.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta. She talked to Matt. She talked to Larry. But she didn't talk to me. Maybe she'll talk to me now that she has a (multi-million dollar) book deal,” Contactmusic quoted Oprah as saying.

The US TV titan has been a committed supporter of US President-elect Barack Obama throughout his campaign for the White House.

\:lol\:

I think it's awesome Palin wont giver her the time of day. Oprah has to live with the ratings slide she is in for ignoring Hilary and Palin during the campaigns and I'm glad Palin isn't helping her now that she needs the boost.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
So let me get this straight. Oprah snubbed Palin during the campaign because Oprah was too busy supporting and boosting up Obama. Now that the election is over, Oprah expects Palin to come running to her and is pissed she didn't. \:lol\:

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Why should Palin go on Oprah's show? Does anyone really believe that Obama's number one cheerleader would treat her fairly if she did?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
What kind of ego does she have anyways, she mentions those other hosts like she is superior and cant understand why Palin would do those shows and not hers.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
From TIME magazine's 100 most influential people (May 11, 2009 issue):

• Sarah Palin

by Ann Coulter

Sarah Palin is arguably the most influential person in 2008, but no one notices because she wasn't influential enough to overcome the deficits of her running mate and win the election.

Until Palin, 45, burst onto the scene, Obama was headed for a Nixon/McGovern[-type] landslide. Palin may not have changed the election result, but she killed what otherwise would have been a rout.

John McCain was so preposterous a candidate (at least on the Republican ticket) that Palin was responsible for far more votes than the usual vice-presidential candidate.
    The biggest red flag proving her popularity with normal Americans is that liberals won't shut up about her. Palin is a threat to liberals because she believes in God and country and family --all values liberals pretend to believe in but secretly detest. There's a reason there's no "Stop Olympia Snowe before it's too late!" movement.

The American voter can be horn-swoggled occasionally, but we can generally spot a real American, and that's what Sarah Palin is.
    She really was a housewife who went into politics because she didn't like the way her taxes were being spent.
    She really did take on the old-boy network --the oil companies and her own party-- and won.
    And yes, she really did walk the walk on abortion when she found out she was carrying a Down-syndrome baby.

The combination of Palin's attractiveness as a candidate and her ability to expose liberals made her a celebrity among Republicans. The only thing I have against her is that she threatens to surpass me in attracting the Left's hatred.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
State Board Dismisses Palin Ethics Complaint: It was the 13th ethics complaint filed against the governor or her staff that has been resolved with no finding of a violation.

The Democrats keep making up charges, she keeps getting them tossed out. Go, baby, go!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Sarah Palin wows the crowd at Founders Day in Auburn
  • celebration.

Thousands of cheering onlookers lined the downtown parade route to catch a glimpse of the Alaska governor, who was the Republican vice presidential candidate in the fall.

Riding in the back of a red convertible Cadillac -- from 1959, the year of Alaska's statehood -- Palin didn't disappoint her fans, many of whom carried signs urging her to run for president in 2012.

She posed for a picture, she smiled, she waved and she flashed thumbs-up signs -- all to building applause as her car glided down Genesee and South streets to Memorial City Hall. In her speech at City Hall shortly after the parade, Palin fever spiked hot again.

Just before she spoke, many in the crowd started chanting, "Run, Sarah, run."

After she was given a print of a picture depicting Auburn's William H. Seward brokering the purchase of Alaska in 1867, Palin looked back in her 10-minute speech at the 2008 presidential campaign .

Palin had the crowd rolling when she took a good-natured swipe at actress Tina Fey's "Saturday Night Live" skit. Palin had defended her lack of foreign relations experience by noting that Alaska is close to Russia. Fey, playing Palin, poked fun at Palin with the line, "I can see Russia from my home."

Referring to the Seward print, Palin said to the crowd, "They're looking at a globe and they're pointing to Alaska in this painting, and I'll betcha anything what Seward was pointing out was: 'Lookie there, you can see Russia from Alaska.'¤"

The crowd roared.

Gov. Sarah Palin Leads Auburn’s Founders Day Parade

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iqxMxK1Ex3EUnNtL_UdBbbhjXREAD998ALF80

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — One of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's potential presidential rivals says her abrupt resignation won't allow her to dodge scrutiny over her family.

And George W. Bush's former chief political aide says Palin's strategy is unclear, at best.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Sunday that Palin's announcement that she is resigned while still in her first term doesn't make sense in a conventional political setting.

Bush's political adviser Karl Rove says Palin has engaged in a "risky strategy."

Huckabee, who ran for president in 2008, says he isn't sure if he'll run in 2012. He does say that Palin remains a viable candidate despite her decision to quit the governor's office.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Alaska's governor Sarah Palin to resign, dooming her presidential pipe dream
BY Thomas M. Defrank
Saturday, July 4th 2009, 4:41 PM

WASHINGTON - Sarah Palin's bizarre bailout dooms her chances of ever being President, Republican mandarins said Friday - but she was already finished.

The Alaska governor's disastrous star turn as John McCain's running mate, followed by her lurching, controversial encore on the national scene, had already sealed her fate - except, perhaps, with the GOP's most far-right wing.

Still, the experts were unanimously stunned to hear her walk off the job with 16 months left in her term - shrinking her résumé even more and surrendering the best platform she has beyond her double-edged celebrity status.

"If you aspire to the highest office in the land, then suddenly think your lieutenant governor can do a better job - not exactly a profile in courage," one party pro told the Daily News.

Few GOP insiders were surprised Palin decided against running for reelection. The Alaska statehouse is too isolated a locale for any politician aspiring to high national office, they said.

"You need to be in the Lower 48 to be credible politically," a senior adviser to several Republican Presidents noted.

But quitting mid-term with a rambling rant is not the way to get there.

"She proved she couldn't play in the big leagues last fall and now she's proven it again," one of the party's most prominent kingmakers said. "If you can't even handle a governorship, there's no way you can handle the White House.

"She couldn't win - but now she can't even run," added the official, who once was among her most fervent boosters.

"She has an incredibly thin résumé, a serious lack of gravitas, no coherent philosophy and the people around her are amateurs," another top Republican pol argued. "She's finished."

nydailynews.com

I don't agree with the assesment that she could have never been President before quitting the govenorship but now it's not clear what she could do for the GOP other than being a fundraising tool.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Maybe she is going to become a community organizer.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Maybe she is going to become a community organizer.

Hopefully it wouldn't be on anything important enough where it mattered if she decided to quit.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
You do realize Obama quit his community organizer job right? You don't think he's still working there do you?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://cincinnati.momslikeme.com/members/JournalActions.aspx?g=246565&m=6194730

Quote:
A new low for politics. If I were Governor Palin, which I could not hold a dime to the courage she has displayed the last year under the constant personal attacks on her and every member of her family, I would garner a deal for a daily hour on a cable news station and make it my mission to find dirt on every piece of crap who attacked me personally the last year especially the jerk who penned the following article and expose them on national television. I have no tolerance for people who attack my children, especially my special needs children. But she has more class then me and greater backbone. If you oppose the current administration or criticize them publicly and forcefully then you will be destroyed. Comedians will get laughter from suggesting your 14 year old daughter be raped at a baseball game and that your retarded baby will be the laughing stock of an online arm of the Obama Administration... God help whoever runs in '12...

An image of the article, now pulled by Obama's best friend The Huffington Post:

The Huffington Post, an official arm of the Obama administration, published an article a few minutes ago on the resignation of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin with the following headline: Palin Will Run in '12 on More Retardation Platform

To make sure that the article's reference to Gov. Palin's infant son Trig who was born with Down Syndrome last year, the article is keyword tagged by the Huffington Post: ...Sarah Palin Trig; Trig; Comedy News

The article is authored by Erik Sean Nelson was posted at the Huffington Post yesterday at 6 p.m. EDT.

The text of the article:

In Sarah Palin's resignation announcement she complained about the treatment of her son Trig who always teaches her life lessons. She said that the "world needs more Trigs, not fewer." That's a presidential campaign promise we can all get behind. She will be the first politician to actually try to increase the population of retarded people. To me, it's kinda like saying the world needs more cancer patients because they teach us such personal lessons.

Her first act as President: To introduce a Pre-K lunch buffet that includes lead paint chips. Sort of a Large HEAD-START Program.

She will then encourage women to hold off on pregnancies until their 40's just to mix up some chromosomes.

She now is in favor of abortion only in case of diploid birth.

Her policies will increase jobs because Wal-Mart is building new stores each day and someone has to be the greeter.

This will lead to smaller government because fewer Americans will have the cognitive ability to hold a government job.

Look, she says she's resigning as governor because people are making attacks on her and Trig. If she ever did become president, all Osama bin Laden would have to do to defeat the United States is Photoshop a picture of Trig and she'd surrender the country that night. As she said, "That's not politics as usual." It isn't. Politicians don't usually quit for so stupid of reasons.

Nelson's HuffPo bio: Erik Nelson has written for several comedy websites and published short fiction while living in the deep South. He has studied the local culture of his Red State and feels confident that they have accepted him as one of their own. Big mistake.

Join him behind enemy lines, deep in the Red Zone. Or email him at erikseannelson@gmail.com.

The Huffington Post was recently invited to the White House to ask a question of Barack Obama at a nationally televised press conference. The questioner, HuffPo National Editor Nico Pitney, asked a question on a pre-arranged topic of Obama. Pitney was trusted to do so because of his background as a Democratic party operative.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
How does Obama tolerate these people at his Press Conferences, much less promote them? You Obama voters sure picked a winner.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You do realize Obama quit his community organizer job right? You don't think he's still working there do you?

What does that have to do with Palin being a quitter?

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

You dont even understand your own post? you said her career was dead. I said maybe she could become a community organizer, you said hopefully she doesnt quit or somesuch. i was pointing out that Obama was a community organizer and had quit and he became President, so it wouldnt end her career if she did quit. are you back on the medication? if you cant follow along im not sure ill have the time to help you.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

You dont even understand your own post? you said her career was dead. I said maybe she could become a community organizer, you said hopefully she doesnt quit or somesuch. i was pointing out that Obama was a community organizer and had quit and he became President, so it wouldnt end her career if she did quit. are you back on the medication? if you cant follow along im not sure ill have the time to help you.

It's one thing quitting something to move up than the other way around. Most people understood why she would quit the govenorship last year if it made her VP. This however is just quitting.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
So you know why she quit now? Just earlier you had no idea. Did HuffPo send you a secret email?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Also I dont like you insinuating that a community organizer is a step down, I know people that have listed it as a prime qualification for Presidency!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Also I dont like you insinuating that a community organizer is a step down, I know people that have listed it as a prime qualification for Presidency!

Yeah I'm on the record as not being really impressed with Obama's resume but at least he was moving up. ZAs I posted I would have understood Palin quitting her govenorship for the VP slot but not for being a community organizer. She had a big leadership position and quit using reasons that don't even make sense to her party.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
She had a big leadership position and quit using reasons that don't even make sense to her party.

Could you link to the party statement to this effect?

Of course you cant, you liberals are running scared again as you cant define her. You can link to some Republicans bashing her, but you can link to Hilary bashing Obama as well. Face facts, you guys got kicked ion the nuts again. The plan was to throw roadblocks for 2 more years so she could be portrayed as a do nothing Govenor, now they dont know what to do. they dont know what she wants to do and its eating the liberal press alive. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I await your link to the Republican parties statement.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
6000+ posts 3 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
6000+ posts 2 minutes 24 seconds ago Making a new reply
Thread: Re: RIP Palin's political career

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
this oughta be entertaining...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
She had a big leadership position and quit using reasons that don't even make sense to her party.

Of course you cant, you liberals are running scared again as you cant define her. You can link to some Republicans bashing her, but you can link to Hilary bashing Obama as well. Face facts, you guys got kicked ion the nuts again. The plan was to throw roadblocks for 2 more years so she could be portrayed as a do nothing Govenor, now they dont know what to do. they dont know what she wants to do and its eating the liberal press alive. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

So you see this as brilliant strategy on Palin's part?

How would non-Palin worshippers be able to trust her in not quitting another high office if elected?

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
More bad news for Palin...
 Quote:
LEVI VS. SARAH PALIN BATTLE CONTINUES
July 4, 2009 --
THE battle between Levi Johnston (above) and Sarah Palin isn't over yet. Johnston -- best known for impregnating the former vice-presidential candidate's daughter, Bristol -- "is shopping a book," his bodyguard/publicist, Tank, tells New York magazine. And it seems the book will focus on the Wasilla, Alaska, political family. "There are still many untold stories about the Palins," he said. Until the tell-all is released, though, Johnston is considering "a leading role" in a movie and a possible upcoming TV "docu-drama."

or maybe a tell all book about the Palins is actually a good thing for them. What does basams think?

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

So you see this as brilliant strategy on Palin's part?

How would non-Palin worshippers be able to trust her in not quitting another high office if elected?

I dont know if this is a strategy, unlike you I dont have the inside scoop. Your how can we trust is as much lunacy as the how could we trust Bill Clinton to not sell out the US if he cheated on his wife. Its apples and oranges. But go ahead and live in fear of her, it's good reading.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you forgot the link to the Republican parties statement. Surely you werent talking out your ass again?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
6000+ posts 6 minutes 23 seconds ago Reading a post
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
keep looking, im sure the link is there somewhere!

Page 37 of 43 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard