Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: M E M
While I can understand why republicans would be skeptical of whatever advice dems would have for who they should choose to run in '12 it would likely have to be somebody who could get votes beyond the GOP base. That would imply a less conservative candidate because the base is going to support whoever over Obama no matter what.

As I just pointed out, asked who these liberals would vote for, they all said "John McCain", and then none of them did, even against the weakest of Democratic candidates.
As evidence of that, during the election I posted polls that showed Hillary Clinton would have won by a larger margin. YOU YOURSELF were a Hillary Clinton supporter who admittedly voted for Obama, not McCain.

Spare me the rhetoric about how the Republican party needs to be "less conservative". That rings true to everyone, even to the liberals who want the Republicans to lose.

We need Republican and Democrat parties, not Democrat and Democrat Lite. Two clear platform alternatives.

The problem with that is the democratic party moved closer to the middle since the 70's while the GOP hasn't. And I'm not saying that the GOP should try to get democrats to vote for a different party but there are the votes inbetween the two that both of them need to get to win.

Fair play!