Print Thread
Page 39 of 43 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
i think your bitter post is proof the liberals are scared.

Yeah, if other conservatives use her playbook of quitting my party is in trouble ;\)

Seriously if this was a liberal who did the same thing we would be in agreement about this.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Agreement about what? As stated before Obama has quit many positions, you can check all my posts I never griped about him resigning. Besides you're not even griping, you seem very frightened by the prospect that she could succeed without following your predetermined right or wrong path. Which in and of its self is entertaining.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Agreement about what? As stated before Obama has quit many positions, you can check all my posts I never griped about him resigning. Besides you're not even griping, you seem very frightened by the prospect that she could succeed without following your predetermined right or wrong path. Which in and of its self is entertaining.

Your trying to make an Obama Palin comparison that just isn't there basams. She quit being govenor (what were her reasons again?) and that isn't going to be a plus if she wants to run for a higher office. If Obama had just up and quitted his senate seat 3 years before a presidential election it wouldn't have worked out for him either.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Man she really has you upset, doesn't she?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Man she really has you upset, doesn't she?

Nope not at all nor do I think you actually believe that. Remember I praised her quite a bit during the GOP convention. And when Letterman attacked her. You're the one being very one sided when it comes to Palin.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
One sided? I've said from the beginning that I have no idea what she's up to. All the reasons she gave when she resigned still ring true. The millions the State has spent knocking down the false ethics complaints could be better used on Teachers, Troopers, roads, ect. The DNC was going to continue to fund millions into the State to block anything from getting done, and since her successor has the same political beliefs as her she can serve America and the State better in a different capacity. You are the one toting the DNC line. You think if you scream her career is over loud enough it will be and its funny to watch.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
6000+ posts 13 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
One sided? I've said from the beginning that I have no idea what she's up to. All the reasons she gave when she resigned still ring true. The millions the State has spent knocking down the false ethics complaints could be better used on Teachers, Troopers, roads, ect. The DNC was going to continue to fund millions into the State to block anything from getting done, and since her successor has the same political beliefs as her she can serve America and the State better in a different capacity. You are the one toting the DNC line. You think if you scream her career is over loud enough it will be and its funny to watch.

You have no idea what she's up to because she hasn't really explained that. I have no idea either. You spin it like it's a good thing though. And if she can't handle partisan oppossition as govenor it doesn't really bode well for whatever she decides to do in the future politically does it?

And again if I was really like you want me to be why would I say anything significantly complimentary about her before the election or after? I'm just calling it as how I see the situation basams. Yor're calling it how you want to see it.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I haven't spun anything. I don't know whether resigning is good or bad. Obama proved that you can have a train wreck of a life and get elected.

You accuse me of spin yet all I say is you cant judge whether its good or bad because A) you don't know what her ambition is, and B) If it is President the standard route has been debunked. Explain how that is spin.

You at least admit that you are upset she hasn't let the media in on her plans.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I haven't spun anything.

\:lol\:

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
So you think saying that I don't know whether it is good or bad is spinning? Is that a neutral spin? Is not spinning a spin now with liberals?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So you think saying that I don't know whether it is good or bad is spinning? Is that a neutral spin? Is not spinning a spin now with liberals?

Her quitting her office isn't a good thing if it's to seek some other office. It's like if she was caught being in sex scandal, there isn't a question of is it a good or bad thing for a political career.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
That could be said in the past, but it can't be said with certainty now. You could at one time say having a Muslim name would keep you from being President. Being black would, associating with known terrorist would, going to a racially charged church would ect. If conventional wisdom worked a decorated prisoner of war wouldnt have lost to a virtual unknown. But your assuming Palin is running for another office anyways. I havent seen any indication. Still youve yet to to point out where I've spun anything so I take that as an admission.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jFp5CYEzUusD69857Q4rUeaQO42QD99DP0281

Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A report says Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's political action committee raised nearly $733,000 in its first five months.

A report filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission shows receipts totaled $732,867.70 in the period between Jan. 1 and June 30.

The former GOP vice presidential candidate launched the committee, SarahPAC, in late January, saying the goal was to help support candidates for federal and state office.

The report says SarahPAC made total disbursements of more than $276,000 and reported nearly $457,000 cash on hand.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I guess we know why the liberals are scared. MEM was right, she is a failure.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Liberals are scared to death of her.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.kansascity.com/444/story/1322428.html

Quote:
In addition to the more than $700,000 Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's political action committee raised during the first half of the year, an additional $200,000 came in since her July 3 announcement she's stepping down.

According to Federal Election commission reports filed Monday, the former Republican vice presidential candidate brought in $732,867 in donations through June 30.

Another $200,000 came in after the deadline - all of it in the days following Palin's July 3 announcement she's stepping down as Alaska governor, said Meghan Stapleton, a spokeswoman for her campaign.

It's "above par," said Steve Gordon, a Washington-based Republican fundraising veteran who works mostly on Senate campaigns.

The big question, however, is what she does with the money, Gordon said. So far, Palin has donated to just two candidates: $5,000 to her 2008 running mate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and another $5,000 to Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska.

Palin has indicated she'll use her political fame help other candidates raise money, especially Republican gubernatorial candidates.

"You need a white-hot base to build your political activities from," Gordon said. "The question most significantly is, is she going to focus her political activities in the base, or is she going to try to expand outside of that? That's really the question. And if she does reach outside her safety area, how will that be received?"

For Palin, it's also promising the bulk of her donations came from donations smaller than $200, Gordon said. Of the $732,867 raised by the PAC, 57 percent came from donors who contributed less than $200. The FEC doesn't require those donations be itemized by individual donor. Just 28 of the 709 donors who did give more than $200 were from Alaska.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
looks like MEM was right.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
looks like MEM was right.

Considering that I commented a couple of pages back that I could see the GOP sticking her into the RNC slot, yep I guess I am. That is quite different from say a hypothetical run for a big elected office.

Fair play!
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/200...sh-haul-surges/

Quote:
(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's political action committee is confirming a flood of new donations that push her cash haul close to the million-dollar mark, as one of the nation's largest liberal PACs announced an ad targeting the former GOP vice presidential candidate.

Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton confirmed a report in the Anchorage Daily News that more than $200,000 had poured into SarahPAC since Palin's announcement a week and a half ago that she would be leaving office by the end of the month.

Those funds, along with $732,867 received through June 30 according to federal campaign finance filings, leave the governor just shy of a million dollars in donations to date since SarahPAC's January launch.

Stapleton told CNN that the PAC, which supports conservative candidates, had received contributions from more than 11,000 supporters, with the majority of the money coming from outside Alaska.

The news came as MoveOn.org began e-mailing members Tuesday, asking them to fund a rapid response ad blasting Palin's new Washington Post op-ed that criticized President Obama's position on "cap and trade" legislation — a major part of the administration's effort to overhaul the nation's energy policy.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/republ...-gop-by-a-mile/

Quote:
This blog has repeatedly wondered aloud whether Sarah Palin would be able remain hugely popular among Republican voters, now that her resignation has shown that the Alaska governorship was too big a fish tank for the Bailin’ Barracuda to handle.

Well, the new Gallup poll shows that she’s still far and away the most popular GOP figure among Republicans and Republican-leading independents (click to enlarge):

Palin retains an astronomical favorability rating of 72%. No one else in the Republican Party can touch her. Current Republican officials such as Michael Steele, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner just aren’t anywhere near being in her league.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/republican-party/despite-quitting-palin-still-most-popular-figure-in-gop-by-a-mile/

Quote:
This blog has repeatedly wondered aloud whether Sarah Palin would be able remain hugely popular among Republican voters, now that her resignation has shown that the Alaska governorship was too big a fish tank for the Bailin’ Barracuda to handle.

Well, the new Gallup poll shows that she’s still far and away the most popular GOP figure among Republicans and Republican-leading independents (click to enlarge):

Palin retains an astronomical favorability rating of 72%. No one else in the Republican Party can touch her. Current Republican officials such as Michael Steele, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner just aren’t anywhere near being in her league.

The GOP really doesn't have much these days for "stars" so it's not surprising that she remains the focus.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Its good to know that some people only vote on people by their star power.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Its good to know that some people only vote on people by their star power.

I try not to judge but some people just get caught up in it.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Like everyone that voted for the celebrity instead of actually paying attention to their policies.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Rasmussen poll: 40% of G.O.P. THINK PALIN'S RESIGNATION HURTS CHANCES IN 2012

Yahoo News (the source for this piece) is consistently liberal-biased. But despite the spin of the headline (which I didn't see backed up with facts in the article), it cannot mask that Palin is still very popular among Republicans.

I was especially amused by this section:

Quote:
In January, assessing the beating Republicans took in November, the plurality of GOP voters (43%) said their party has been too moderate over the past eight years, and 55% said it should become more like Palin in the future. But nearly two-thirds of Democrats (64%) said the Republican Party has been too conservative, and a plurality (42%) suggested it look to McCain for the future.

That would be the same McCain that Democrat voters rejected in the 2008 election?
Oh yeah, that sounds like a winning strategy.

As the next line of the quoted article says, a majority of Republicans preferred Palin over McCain, even on election day last year.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Rasmussen poll: 40% of G.O.P. THINK PALIN'S RESIGNATION HURTS CHANCES IN 2012

Yahoo News (the source for this piece) is consistently liberal-biased. But despite the spin of the headline (which I didn't see backed up with facts in the article), it cannot mask that Palin is still very popular among Republicans.

I was especially amused by this section:

Quote:
In January, assessing the beating Republicans took in November, the plurality of GOP voters (43%) said their party has been too moderate over the past eight years, and 55% said it should become more like Palin in the future. But nearly two-thirds of Democrats (64%) said the Republican Party has been too conservative, and a plurality (42%) suggested it look to McCain for the future.

That would be the same McCain that Democrat voters rejected in the 2008 election?
Oh yeah, that sounds like a winning strategy.

As the next line of the quoted article says, a majority of Republicans preferred Palin over McCain, even on election day last year.

While I can understand why republicans would be skeptical of whatever advice dems would have for who they should choose to run in '12 it would likely have to be somebody who could get votes beyond the GOP base. That would imply a less conservative candidate because the base is going to support whoever over Obama no matter what.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: M E M
While I can understand why republicans would be skeptical of whatever advice dems would have for who they should choose to run in '12 it would likely have to be somebody who could get votes beyond the GOP base. That would imply a less conservative candidate because the base is going to support whoever over Obama no matter what.

As I just pointed out, asked who these liberals would vote for, they all said "John McCain", and then none of them did, even against the weakest of Democratic candidates.
As evidence of that, during the election I posted polls that showed Hillary Clinton would have won by a larger margin. YOU YOURSELF were a Hillary Clinton supporter who admittedly voted for Obama, not McCain.

Spare me the rhetoric about how the Republican party needs to be "less conservative". That rings untrue to everyone, even to the liberals who want the Republicans to lose.

We need Republican and Democrat parties, not Democrat and Democrat Lite. Two clear platform alternatives.

Last edited by Wonder Boy; 2009-07-20 1:26 AM. Reason: changed typo from "true" to the correct "untrue".
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

This is silly. Before the last election who would have thought a virtual unknown ultra liberal could get votes outside of the Dem base? No one, yet he was able to win it all. You can't keep sticking to the old tried and true formulas.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: M E M

As I just pointed out, asked who these liberals would vote for, they all said "John McCain", and then none of them did, even against the weakest of Democratic candidates.
As evidence of that, during the election I posted polls that showed Hillary Clinton would have won by a larger margin. YOU YOURSELF were a Hillary Clinton supporter who admittedly voted for Obama, not McCain.

Spare me the rhetoric about how the Republican party needs to be "less conservative". That rings true to everyone, even to the liberals who want the Republicans to lose.

We need Republican and Democrat parties, not Democrat and Democrat Lite. Two clear platform alternatives.

The problem with that is the democratic party moved closer to the middle since the 70's while the GOP hasn't. And I'm not saying that the GOP should try to get democrats to vote for a different party but there are the votes inbetween the two that both of them need to get to win.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Moved closer to the middle? Do you have any examples of the Dems moving closer to the middle?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Moved closer to the middle? Do you have any examples of the Dems moving closer to the middle?

A couple of examples like Obama and the democrats just passed one of the largest tax cuts in history this year. Clinton also passed them besides major welfare reform.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

A couple of examples like Obama and the democrats just passed one of the largest tax cuts in history this year. Clinton also passed them besides major welfare reform.

He just threw away billions of dollars and is socializing everything he can get his hands on. How the hell is that going to the middle? Or are you talking our of your ass again?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

you are insane.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/02/obamas-budget-a.html

Quote:
President Obama's budget proposes $989 billion in new taxes over the course of the next 10 years, starting fiscal year 2011, most of which are tax increases on individuals.

1) On people making more than $250,000.

$338 billion - Bush tax cuts expire
$179 billlion - eliminate itemized deduction
$118 billion - capital gains tax hike

Total: $636 billion/10 years

2) Businesses:

$17 billion - Reinstate Superfund taxes
$24 billion - tax carried-interest as income
$5 billion - codify "economic substance doctrine"
$61 billion - repeal LIFO
$210 billion - international enforcement, reform deferral, other tax reform
$4 billion - information reporting for rental payments
$5.3 billion - excise tax on Gulf of Mexico oil and gas
$3.4 billion - repeal expensing of tangible drilling costs
$62 million - repeal deduction for tertiary injectants
$49 million - repeal passive loss exception for working interests in oil and natural gas properties
$13 billion - repeal manufacturing tax deduction for oil and natural gas companies
$1 billion - increase to 7 years geological and geophysical amortization period for independent producers
$882 million - eliminate advanced earned income tax credit

Total: $353 billion/10 years

Page 39 of 43 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard