Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
lowering taxes and arranging to have them raised more than ever in history on your successors watch isnt exactly a "tax cut"

That's sorta how I felt when Bush did that early in his first term. My guess is Obama will be handing the next president after him a much better economy than what was given to him.

That's a really weird statement Bush's budget did not ever call for a tax increase in 4 years, Obama's calls for the largest increase ever in 4 years. You'll have to find where Bush submitted a budget seeking an immediate cut with an increase due after his first term.

He cut taxes and then ran up the deficit. He then handed the next president an economy that was in a bad recession that could have became a depression.

I guess you didn't understand my post, Obama's budget INCLUDES the biggest tax increase ever. That's a lot different than the economy tanking and deficits rising. You act as if the only choice to end a deficit is tax increases, you could alternatively also cut spending there is no automatic tax increase.