Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
What does that have to do with anything?
They are both boyscouts with little or no personality, and both refuse to take lives unless absolutely necessary.

Just because one was a soldier and one is an alien, doesnt make them different personality wise.

Are you saying that two people from different backgrounds cant have similar personality traits?

Oh, and as Cap was a soldier, then that makes a guy who plays "Captain Jack" even more likely person to play him, surely!

Unless Pro is talking "Ultimate" Cap there isn't really much difference between either character's personality. So, basically, it seems to be coming down to a question of hair color, which is a pretty silly distinction, given that Barrowman could easily bleach his hair if he got the part of Cap.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
And lets face it, who really cares what colour his hair is when he has the mask on?
Does Bale look exactly like Bruce Wayne?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
If we were going purely on what a guy looks like, then you'd have to go for someone like this

I have no idea what his acting chops would be like, but he looks like Steve Rogers, so he must be perfect!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Argue, argue, argue. Don't either of you have any other speed?

Listen, I'm not going to go into a lecture a five-year-old would have already figured out. If I have to sit here and explain the difference in personality between DC Comic's SUPERMAN and Marvel Comic's CAPTAIN AMERICA, then you have no business being in this kind of conversation in the first place.

John Barrowman would not work for Captain America. He's too effeminate. He's not that deep of an actor. And, he's about as American as Cunty McPoofsterman, here. That's obvious, and it's waste of my time and finger energy in having to type that out.

Superman is an alien. He's a bit more "gentle" than Captain America (i.e. omnisexual Snarf feelings), and Barrowman naturally conveys that attribute in what little acting I've seen of him. Just so happens he has Superman's look, as well.

Anytime I even think about casting Captain America, I'll always lean more towards the realistic, soldier aspect of the Ultimate version, as I'm pretty certain that's the type of Cap they'll be bringing to the Big Screen (I hear it's a doozy). Bringing just another spandex character to the mix would be a waste of translation.

Now, piss-off you fucking marys, and stop trolling for an argument that's beneath both of us...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I don't think Barrowman is effeminate at all. Granted he's no Clint Eastwood but I bet he could pull it off. Since this is a matter of the actor just saying he would like the part I think the topic is sort of a moot point.

Fair play!
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Can we at least all agree that Barrowman would be better than Will Smith?

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
No, Snarf, we cannot. I'm not certain Smith wouldn't be a better choice than Barrowman...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I don't think Barrowman is effeminate at all.

Are you that oblivious to everything?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus

Listen, I'm not going to go into a lecture a five-year-old would have already figured out. If I have to sit here and explain the difference in personality between DC Comic's SUPERMAN and Marvel Comic's CAPTAIN AMERICA, then you have no business being in this kind of conversation in the first place.

Funny...I remember being at a convention where Roger Stern (who's written both characters) was asked about what he thought of Superman-Cap crossover and he said it would be kind of boring because they both had such similar personalities.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

Shocking that we don't agree on this ;\)

I just may not be as sensitive as you so I may be missing some of the more subtle things that somebody like yourself pick up on.

Fair play!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

John Barrowman would not work for Captain America. He's too effeminate. He's not that deep of an actor. And, he's about as American as Cunty McPoofsterman, here. That's obvious, and it's waste of my time and finger energy in having to type that out.

Superman is an alien. He's a bit more "gentle" than Captain America (i.e. omnisexual Snarf feelings), and Barrowman naturally conveys that attribute in what little acting I've seen of him. Just so happens he has Superman's look, as well.

Anytime I even think about casting Captain America, I'll always lean more towards the realistic, soldier aspect of the Ultimate version, as I'm pretty certain that's the type of Cap they'll be bringing to the Big Screen (I hear it's a doozy). Bringing just another spandex character to the mix would be a waste of translation.

Now, piss-off you fucking marys, and stop trolling for an argument that's beneath both of us...

Wow, someones a little pissy.
Your argument is bullshit and you know it.
Firstly, you have no fucking idea of what Barrowman is capable of an actor because you only know him for one fucking part.
As for him not being American.
He is as American as the rest of you in that fucking country.
He may have been born in Scotland, but has spent most of his life living in America, and since when does it matter what nationality an actor is?
Didnt realise Batman was Welsh or Xavier was Scottish etc.
And before you give me a speech about "He is called Captain AMERICA!" I'll explain to you "its called ACTING!"

Not trolling for an argument, just trying to point out the fucking pissy idiocy of your points, and that no matter what you think, you opinion is not the be all and fucking end all of a conversation, you stupid fucking retard!

Superman and Captain America ARE essentially the same "Mom and dad, Apple pie Americana" character, just with different powers and back story.

Now fuck off!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh

Funny...I remember being at a convention where Roger Stern (who's written both characters) was asked about what he thought of Superman-Cap crossover and he said it would be kind of boring because they both had such similar personalities.

Pro obviously knows better than the creators!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Shocking that we don't agree on this ;\)

I just may not be as sensitive as you so I may be missing some of the more subtle things that somebody like yourself pick up on.

Or compared to you nobody seems effeminite?

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
As TDK proved if you have a good script and director even a marginal actor like Heath Ledger can have a good performance.

Think about the Ang Lee Hulk, the dude that played Banner sucked balls, but in that flick where he was in the Israeli assassination group he was damn good.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Or compared to you nobody seems effeminite?

Says the guy(?) who has been overdosing on a tranny pic ;\)

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Thanks for proving my point. That guy and you are like twins and you see him as a "tranny."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Thanks for proving my point. That guy and you are like twins and you see him as a "tranny."

Sorry he looks like a tranny to me but maybe whatever gay bar you sneak off to for a cocktail has a bigger tranny population and you have a better eye for them. Not really interested in how you fantasize about me being like his twin.

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Wow, someones a little pissy.
Your argument is bullshit and you know it.
Firstly, you have no fucking idea of what Barrowman is capable of an actor because you only know him for one fucking part.
As for him not being American.
He is as American as the rest of you in that fucking country.
He may have been born in Scotland, but has spent most of his life living in America, and since when does it matter what nationality an actor is?
Didnt realise Batman was Welsh or Xavier was Scottish etc.
And before you give me a speech about "He is called Captain AMERICA!" I'll explain to you "its called ACTING!"

Not trolling for an argument, just trying to point out the fucking pissy idiocy of your points, and that no matter what you think, you opinion is not the be all and fucking end all of a conversation, you stupid fucking retard!

Superman and Captain America ARE essentially the same "Mom and dad, Apple pie Americana" character, just with different powers and back story.

Now fuck off!

LMFAO!!! \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

That was gold, you cunt. I hate you.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts

giant picture
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
They're really taking viral marketing for this movie seriously.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Routh is now on Chuck and I think he would make a great Captain America. hasn't everyone forgotten Superman Returns by now? Would it really be bad if he was in another comic book movie?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Yes, cause he sucked!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Routh was good in Chuck, but I still don't think he's leading man material.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://www.hulu.com/watch/116031/captain-america

The Red Skull was Italian. Had those mother fuckers ever even read the damn comic?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Krasinski to play Captain America?
  • John Krasinski is hoping to don tights and suit up as Captain America after reportedly signing up to audition for the superhero role.

The actor, who stars in the U.S. version of The Office, has reportedly joined Brothers star Patrick Flueger, Cloverfield's Mike Vogel, Smallville actor Michael Cassidy, Friday Night Lights star Scott Porter and others in the testing stage for the upcoming action film.

Gossip Girl hunk Chace Crawford has also been linked to the role, although he's yet to confirm his commitment to the audition process, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Hopefuls will try to win over casting directors within the next two weeks, when they will meet in Manhattan Beach, California. It's also reported the role could go to an unknown.

The First Avenger: Captain America is expected to be released in July 2011.

I'm betting no. Krasinski strikes me as a guy who wants to be an "indy" actor.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Doesnt look the part in my opinion.
No idea what he is like as an actor.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
He's an...okay...actor on the Office. Nothing special.

If they pick him my assumption would be that they wanted a skinny guy they could then bulk up for the post "super serum" sequences. Which sort of make sense.

Still, my gut tells me that he wants to be a 'serious' actor and won't take the part. We'll see.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Is it true that Rob has auditioned for the role of Bucky?
And that Llance has auditioned to be Liefeld Cap?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Hugo Weaving in talks to play 'Cap Am' villain Red Skull (exclusive)

Quote:
Marvel Studios has zeroed in on Hugo Weaving to play the villainous Red Skull in “Captain America.”

Joe Johnston is directing the movie, which remains in search of the actor to play Steve Rogers, Captain America’s alter ego.

In the Marvel comics, Red Skull has been Captain America’s archenemy since 1941, when he engaged in espionage and sabotage as Hitler’s right-hand man. In his final battle with the superhero, he was buried under the rubble of a bombed building but — as would occur later with Captain America — fell into a state of suspended animation. Both were revived in modern times.

The character was the villain in the low-budget 1990 “Captain America” movie.

The dealmaking with Weaving is in a delicate stage that will play out in the next day or so. Agencies grouse that Marvel plays hardball in the negotiating process and also demands multi-movie commitments, though the latter usually applies to actors playing its heroes.

If a deal happens, it would reunite the actor with Johnston, with whom he worked in the recent horror thriller “The Wolfman.” The CAA-repped Weaving already is known to genre fans as bad guy Agent Smith of the “Matrix” movies and elf ruler Elrond of the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
That would be great casting. I love Hugo Weaving.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
And has anyone ever confirmed whether Ed Norton will be involved with The Avengers?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He's to busy with Fight Club 2: The gayering.

Its now filming in pariahs basement.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
He's to busy with Fight Club 2: The gayering.

Its now filming in pariahs basement.

...whether Norton wants to or not. \:-\[

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Beat it dead g-man.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Chris Evans to play 'Captain America'

Quote:
Thesp to star in three Marvel films, in addition to 'Avengers'
By MARC GRASER
Chris Evans will don the star-spangled superhero suit to play Captain America for Marvel Entertainment.

Evans, who was made the offer late last week, beat out a number of thesps including John Krasinksi, Chace Crawford, Ryan Phillippe, Garrett Hedlund, Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter and Wilson Blethel to land the role of Steve Rogers.

Deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, as well as "The Avengers," which will assemble Iron Man, Thor and the Incredible Hulk in one pic.

First introduced in the 1940s, the character is a sickly young man who is turned into the perfect human weapon to aid the United States' war effort during World War II when injected with a super soldier serum. His costume resembles the American flag and he flings an indestructible shield as his primary weapon.

Joe Johnston will direct "The First Avenger: Captain America" this summer. Hugo Weaving will play the villain, Red Skull. Film is slated to unspool July 22, 2011. Paramount will distribute.

Evans had already signed on to star in New Regency's comedy "What's Your Number," with Anna Faris, that is skedded to shoot this summer.

Marvel already had a relatinship with Evans, with the thesp having previously played the role of Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, in Fox's two "Fantastic Four" movies.

He will also appear in the adaptation of DC Comics' "The Losers" in April, and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," based on the Oni Press graphic novels

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
God damn it. I liked him in the Fantastic Four movies and in Not Another Teen Movie but why did they have to pick him? Why couldn't they go for someone who hasn't already played a Marvel character? Why do comic book movies have to be so incestuous?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yeah.

Well. There we are. The corporate mind at work.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
OP Offline
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
They're playing it safe. I was hoping for the guy from Generation Kill. Still, it's not a BAD choice...

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard