Originally Posted By: Pariah
This combo system is JACKED. UP.

Sure. If you can pull off a free flow, it looks really cool, but it's fucking difficult to tell if they're just waiting in line to hit you or if the guy is the next one up to do it.

Not fucking hard ay all to work it out.
If they are gonna sneak attack you, they have lightning bolts over their fucking heads, if not, just select the direction you want your next hit with the stick, and press square...fucking simple, so cant see your problem.

Quote:

I'm not sure if I've just been spoiled by Uncharted or if Rocksteady's just counter-intuitive, but Batman's inability to jump from one ledge to another or use the grapple while hanging sucked. He also should have been able to peek over a wall while hanging if need be; that's just common sense. There were also some parts where Batman could have just run up the wall but, of course, you're not able to do that, so you're forced to use the grapple for just a larger than average jump. And finally, the glide feature, while cool, is too difficult to implement. Instead of immediately starting the glide from the top of the wall, you have to carefully time a double-tap of the X button to pull off a decent glide. If you miscalculate for just half a second, the glide is fucked. Also, on a lesser note, I think you should have been able use the grapple mid-glide.

Lets break this down cause you seem to be an idiot.
You can jump from one ledge to another, using run or glide for slightly further ones, how comes you havent spotted this?

When you are hanging from a wall, why do you need to peak when you can rotate the camera and do ledge attacks to pull people over the edge using triangle.
Plus, factor on the detective mode, and you can fucking see through walls and through ledges.

Once again, something you appear to have no spotted is that Batman does run up a wall to reach ledges etc, but only if its something a human could reach.
He isnt Spiderman or Bouncing Boy for fucksake, so he isnt gonna be able to reach ledges higher than is the capability of a normal human, cause he isnt superpowered.

The glide function works perfectly as well.
No fucking glider works from the moment its on the ledge as it has to drop slightly first so that it can catch the air, and start operating properly.
His cape is a glider, not fucking wings, so no way should it start operating until it has dropped slightly first. And whats with the double tapping? Just walk off a ledge and hold the button.

How would he use a grapple mid glde when he is using both arms to operate the glider function of the cape?
As soon as he lets go of one section of the cape to use the grapple, he would plummet....its called physics.

Quote:

And the writing--FUCK! His discussions with Oracle just hurt the integrity of the writing so much--they used their actual names over a frequency that Batman already knew was compromised by Riddler for crying out loud! Then there was the fact that he was corresponding with the cops the entire time, just walking with them into the depths of Arkham as if he was a public official rather than a vigilante. Then there was Jim Gordon's very non-discrete praise of him throughout the game to other law officials--he shook his bloody hand in public! And the fact that he just walked up to talk to people and have detailed conversations as if it were some kind of role-playing game. Then there was poorly handled soliloquies: I wouldn't have had a big problem with them if they weren't spoken with such Superfriends-like inflections. Think more along the lines of Riddick soliloquies and you'll get an idea of what I wanted. And Barbara....Seriously, what the fuck!? Were they that desperate for a token female character? There was simply no reason for her to be there. Alfred would have made a lot more sense--even Dick would have been more appropriate.

Either Dini got lazy or he simply didn't enforce a consistent nuance with the developers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the writing.
Its not the comic books continuity, so it makes sense that Batman would have close ties with the police. Fer fucksake, for years in the comics he was given a deputised police status anyway, and has been part of a UN sanctioned JLA, so he has always had a semi official status with officials anyway, and has rarely been viewed as a vigilante for fucksake.
And anyway, why would the police have a fucking huge signal on their roof if they didnt openly cooperate and work with him?
Fuck all wrong with the dialogue as well, you are just being gay.
As for the Riddler frequency..do you think communicator the likes of which Batman has, wouldnt have some other frequencys on it?
Plus, at no point does Batman communicate with the Riddler, so there is a good chance hacking into it only gave Riddler one way broadcasting capablilities, and he couldnt actually hear any of what was said on it.
And with Oracle...thats the whole fucking point of her character.
Since when are Alfred and Dick able to do all the computer shit she can?

Quote:

Still, overall, pretty good. I had some problems with the aesthetics; Batman was built more like Superman and he wasn't as wraith-like as I wanted him to be, but those can easily be overlooked.

All the credit for the game's good qualities go towards the devs. Dini, however, screwed the pooch.

Batman has always been big built, and in fact should be bigger built than Superman as he has to work out all the time.
Christ, from all the comics I have read over the years, Batman and Superman have always had the same build anyway, so I dont get what your issue is here.

You are a picky twat who obviously didnt work out half of the controls, so shut the fuck up and go back to playing Resistance, or whatever other game you have been wanking over recently!