Originally Posted By: klinton
What I want is forced equality.

You want equality by being treated differently? Does not compute.

.but you can punish their actions. Hate crime legislation is a step in the right direction.

Those actions ARE punished already under laws without the need for 'hate crime' legislation. Hate crime laws, again, punish thought and not actions.

Like I said when responding to you...any victim of a violent attack is going to feel violated. But the woman in your analogy is a victim of random violence. She was not targeted for something she is and cannot (nor should have to in a 'free country') change.

She's targeted because she is seen as weak. You think someone would try the same shit against someone like an NFL linebacker or UFC fighter or even just some big, corn fed mother fucker? I'll tell you what. I'll side with you on this argument as long as you're willing to say that gay people in general are weak and unable to take care of themselves and that's why they need legislation like his to protect them from the big, bad, mean ole world.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."