Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
Not to be judgemental too early, but everything I have seen of Smith so far seems to just be a copy of Tennants doctor. Even the bit after he first changed was a direct rip of Tennant.
Hope it isnt the case.

I noticed, as well. However, it should be noted that the trailer above only has scenes from the three episodes that have been shot, not the entire season. Notice he's wearing Tennant's outfit in a lot of those scenes, which would suggest he's still post-regen-crazy.

Also, take this into consideration: David Tennant was playing Chris Eccleston for 99% of his first episode. So, it will probably take him time to settle into the role.

Per Moffat, the Eleventh Doctor is an antithesis to Number Ten. He's much more humble, and far more introspective. It's going for a Troughton/Pertwee/Davison mix. He's going to be a bit of a bruiser, like Number Three (as proven by throwing a punch, and use of the gun, in the trailer). But, will retain that same craving for adventure that all Docs have.

Steven Moffat has always said that his favorite type of characters are "the geeks who get the girl". I suspect the gawky, awkward image is going to be a Troughton-like throw-off for a clever mind and quick reflexes.

Either way, I hope you're right. If I even smell Tennant after the first half of the season, I'll begin to fret...