I think the whole thing about the last episode is how much of a little bitch RTD is. He had to show the audience one last time all the characters he created and how cool they are or the 'progressive' lifestyles they lead. More than that, though, he did another total fuck up of the Who continuity. It wasn't bad enough that he keeps eliminating the Daleks and Cybermen forever only to have to come up with some bullshit excuse as to why they still exist (and have a large armada), but he has to totally fuck up the Master as well. It was like 'I brought him back, so now I'm going to get rid of him' bitch move. The Master returns to Galifrey to die with the Timelords and killing a great opportunity to properly bring back the Timelords, Daleks, and Cybermen.

I have faith that Moffat understands Who better than RTD (I'm beginning to notice that he's taking on the same amount of fan hate, at least here, that another poofter Who script editor/producer of the late 70's/80's did). Moffat seems to get that the Doctor is the main character of a show called Doctor Who. He also seems to understand what makes good Who stories and villains a lot better as well.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."