http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/letterman-wanted-conan-on-super-bowl-ad-sofa--975
 Quote:
If you thought the commercial featuring longtime rivals David Letterman and Jay Leno sitting within arm's length of each other was the most shocking of last night's Super Bowl ads, imagine if Conan O'Brien had appeared in it, too. As it turns out, if Letterman had gotten his wish, that third member of the recent bizarre late night television triangle would have joined them.

Letterman's team had the idea of putting the three late night hosts together for the Super Bowl spot for his show and, sensing the comedic opportunity, Leno didn't hesitate. O'Brien's team never fully rejected the idea but according to longtime Letterman producer Rob Burnett, it was never close to happening.

"I did call Jeff Ross (O'Brien's producer) to talk about it," Burnett said. "I just think they weren't in a position to consider it all."

The call came just as O'Brien and Ross were finishing up production on "The Tonight Show," so nothing ever came of the idea. Jay Leno, who jumped at the chance to share screen time with Letterman and Oprah Winfrey, secretly flew to New York City on February 2 to create the 10-second spot.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."