I liked it. Yes, it was padding, but so have all the 'first' episodes for the Doctors since the relaunch. Like the new TARDIS as well; and, like Roy, I hope they explore it a bit more as well. Dig the new intro bit, though I'm still not sold on the music. Since the 80's, the theme music has lacked that alienesque sound that it use to have. I think the new music brings it back in a little, but not enough to suit my tastes.

As far as Smith being a more manic Tennant, I couldn't disagree more. Aside from the earlier scenes where he's still fresh from the regeneration, he seems to have been more calm in areas that Tennant would have been over the top and dramatic. Smith was also more vain. Got to disagree with you on the past Doctors bit, Roy. I still geeked out for it. Well done overall. As fun as the first episode in 05.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."