Originally Posted By: the G-man

Quote:
If nothing else, we have seen that launching characters out of team movies, doesnt necessarily work.
Other than Wolverine, who in the X-Men movies did people want in a solo film?

Yeah, but other than Wolverine, who in the X-men comics has even had a successful solo book either. And if it worked for Wolvie, why not Cap?

Quote:
The problem with team movies is there's too much of a chance of one or two characters getting all the screen time, and everyone else ends up looking like Lois Lane or Alfred.

Yeah, but that's a problem no matter what. In fact, I suspect that any Avengers movie will probably (if Downey wants it to be) turn into "Iron Man and his sidekicks."

Thats pretty much my point though.
One of the key reasons to do the solo films first is that at least they then have established characters in the movie, and that they dont risk ruining a characters chance of a spin off by having them seem weakened by Downey.

It really depends on how they portray Cap in the movie as to whether he could spin off.
If he has any of the character traits that Evans showed in his Torch portrayal, then it could work, but if we end up with a moralistic Cyclops style dullard, then nobody is gonna wanna see it.
Who is to say whether we wouldnt have gotten more spin offs from X-Men if the other characters were made more likeable and interesting, and Wolverine was given less screen time (and yes, I know that means the franchise might have died earlier, but is that a bad thing if it meant saving us from X3?).