I was sent that link by a friend of mine who is a total Who mentalist, as he goes to conventions n all that shit. Proper geek when it comes to Doctor Who and Transformers etc.
We were having a long discussion about the latest series and some of the previous Doctors, and it was funny as he agreed with me on pretty much everything about the latest season, but he was even more vocal in his dislike of the writing, even saying its one of the worst seasons he has seen. He couldnt understand how the guy who wrote some of the best episodes during RTD's run could be responsible for such poor writing, and that the thing that saved it for him was the natural chemistry between Smith and Gillan, and just how natural Smith has eased into the character, even if he does need to start dropping some of the Tennantisms he copies.

I think the only things we didnt agree on is that his fave Doctor was Davison, and that he didnt like Colin Baker.
We did agree that we didnt like McCoy or Eccleston though.

We both agree though that Smith can be at least as popular as Tennant with both diehard Who fans and the kiddy fans, and that Amy Pond is far superior to Rose Tyler in every way (btw, did you know that the character Sam Tyler in Life on Mars, was given the name Tyler by the daughter of one of the LOM creators, and when they asked why she picked the name Tyler, it was because of Rose from Doctor Who?)