Rascalist!

I, too, heart Donna Noble. She had the very best chemistry with Tennant's manic, narcissistic 'Perfect Ten'. He and Rose were horrible together, bordering on the gushingly silly. He and Martha had zero chemistry, but I loved Freema's hot ass. Donna as a Tegan-ish throwback to the asexual nature of not just The Doctor, but of the companion, worked far better than playing so intimately with the tween-emo craze of heart-throbbing David Tennant all over the screen.

I really like how Steven Moffat is side-stepping these demographic demands of the Beeb's corporate level. Playing Amy Pond as a real girl, with real hormones, and having her desiring The Doctor on a sexual level, versus a romantic one, gives an obvious-yet-real take on what people would expect from the modern show. Having The Doctor resist these sexual advances, based on his ancient alien-ness of detachment and emotional isolation, is icing on the cake. This combination allows Moffat to check that box off his list of executive demands, while still retaining his public love of the Classic era. Brilliant.