The Salon article actually does debunk the story. The conservative piece really makes it sound like it was some conspiracy when it wasn't. Some liberals ended up writing an open letter that was published in the Nation a while back. Other liberals didn't agree with them.

Quote:
1) Although the Caller claims that "employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage" (emphasis mine), it only quotes a handful of people, and none of them are employed at anything other than liberal publications. (Thomas Schaller, credited with the idea for the open letter, is an author, a University of Maryland professor and an Op-Ed writer at the Baltimore Sun who periodically contributes to Salon, and more recently, 538.com.) The two people who come off as the most combative Obama zealots are Chris Hayes, who works at the Nation, and Spencer Ackerman, employed by the Washington Independent, both progressive publications. I assume if there had been any evidence that a mainstream media news reporter had colluded in the Journolist "plot" to defend Obama, he or she would have been outed immediately by the Caller. My sources say there weren't any.

salon.com

Some conservatives are trying to dishonestly attack the mainstream press with this despite there not being any of those reporters involved.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2010-07-21 11:11 AM.

Fair play!