Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I am going to be frank. The low budget effects kind of mar the experience for me in the classic eps (only for the colored episodes. Black and white makes the low budget effects much more forgivable. Kind of like how exaggerated/unrealistic art styles compensate for the uncanny valley)

Just curious for a new fan perspective. I expected as much with the lack of budget, of course. I think if you weren't exposed to it at an early age, or lived through it, the only thing it would have going for it (for modern fans) would either be the plots or the Doctor, himself...

We also grew up in the era of Land of the Lost and similar shows. Doctor Who wasn't really that much worse than everything else at the same time. The video medium in a studio production it what makes it look bad without the polish of filmed TV shows.

yeah watching old clips it looks as good as what else was on. Hartnell's show looks like Lost in Space to Mccoy's show looking like early TNG. It only looks cheap and bad compared to today's fx.

Bow ties are coool.