Originally Posted By: Grimm
yeah, and Wolfman particularly did some good stuff when they revived the book in the early 80's. but you'd also had the GL/GA stuff which somewhat reduced the character to a bland guy who didn't know what to do when confronted with "realistic" problems by the revamped Green Arrow, who came across as much more dynamic (totally planned by the creators).
Totally. O'Neil's HTH was a completely one sided Hippy/Liberal story that was about making Liberal Ollie look good and Hal look like a fool just because he was a conservative.

Quote:
I've got to feel the most damage was done by the Gerard Jones relaunch in the late 80's, which not only made Hal boring, but was also a really boring book overall. I always wondered where all these vocal Hal fans were when Jones was driving the book into the toilet in the early 90's. if they'd complained a few years earlier, we might've been spared the space bug debacle. . .
Exactly. Rapidly aging Hal so quickly after his last appearance in GLC #224 without any explanation and turning Hal into an old Hippy/Hobo was a terrible idea.

Why anyone at DC thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube