Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
I wonder if the Wii will look as good as DVD quality? The Roku looks like it costs about $70 maybe i should just get a low end blu ray that offers streaming?

if you're a vide(ped)ophile, the wii's stream (tee hee) wont be as strong as a DVD, especially if your intraweb and/or wifi connection isn't so great. at least in a few cases. basically, if you're watching iron man or lost or some other new, effectsy sorta movie, you might notice some not so great bits. if you're watching mythbusters or smokey and the bandit, it will be perfect. i use it in the non-main TV room.

if you're looking for HD, then get the blu-ray player. you can find a few for pretty cheap especially now after the holiday with overstock. if you're going all out, a number of new HDTVs also come complete with netflix built in -- there are even some with a netflix button on the remote that will hit stores in a few weeks.

most importantly, if you're looking to stream in HD, make sure you get a player that has a direct (wired) connection to your router, and isn't trying to choke the wifi.

giant picture