Originally Posted By: Rob
my one nagging concern is the film always seems half-a-second away from reynolds cracking a joke of some kind. every time he appeared in the trailer (most notably when he first gets the ring) the music skips for a bit, as if he's about to deliver some terrible punch line. maybe that happens, and this was just clever editing. i dunno.

Agreed. I might be able to give this thing a slight chance, if it weren't for the horrible, horrible casting. Every moment I see him, it just kills the whole concept and film for me. And I'd bet all kinds of money that he does, in fact, try and Tony Stark it the whole fucking time.

Quote:
as a GL fan, what, exactly, are you waiting for to be better?

I'm not a GL fan. Never have been. I'm okay with the character, but would honestly prefer Kyle if had to have anyone at all. Meanwhile, it doesn't look like a good film to me. It looks exactly like the kind of glossy, spandex-laden over-CGI-ed silliness that I was hoping films like The Dark Knight would have moved us away from. But, hell, this is from the SAME company that gave us TDK.

I'm just not into the all-ages Happy Meal tie-in marketing animal they're trying to Frankenstein-together with this thing. It just looks....dumb.

Hope you enjoy the theater spectacle, sincerely. I'll just wait for the next train and hope it's worth my time...