Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I'm not a GL fan. Never have been.

i just saw this. i think it makes your "proaction" even stranger! i can see a fanboy flipping out over things they feel don't fit the character. but if that's not you, why are you so outspoken?

I'm okay with the character, but would honestly prefer Kyle if had to have anyone at all.

in that regard, as mxy pointed out, this is essentially kyle using hal's name. so, you're basically getting what you'd prefer

Meanwhile, it doesn't look like a good film to me. It looks exactly like the kind of glossy, spandex-laden over-CGI-ed silliness that I was hoping films like The Dark Knight would have moved us away from. But, hell, this is from the SAME company that gave us TDK.

i guess i just don't see the need for every film to be TDK. that was a heavy mother fucking film. it's a nearly exhausting 3 hours of dark opera. but batman's character is (or at least can be) a grim and gritty, dark and dirty type of persona, so that was a specific, catered fit. 99% of other characters (and i'd include GL in that pile) don't warrant that type. they're lighter, more "comic book"ish. for all the flack the fantastic four movies caught, i thought they were fine, because that's how silly the actual books are (most of the time). yes, there are the collection of us uber-nerds that have seen the 10 issues on record where comics are taken seriously - but in the great scheme of things, in the wide-spread history of the characters and their medium, they're not. just think about what got you into super heroes, and more than likely it was something like the super-friends.

green lantern, alone, is about all-powerful smurfs, imagination jewelry, animal humanoid space police, a 1920s magician villain, and dozens of other ridiculous concepts. in all of the comic book world, GL might be the best example of "glossy, spandex-laden ... silliness". i wouldn't think that a misappropriation in cinematic form. and even with that said, i think this most recent trailer shows an effort being made to address folks like you, looking for a less-silly film.

not that i'm trying to debate you into liking the movie... i guess i just don't understand why this seems to be such a ... well... a bug up your ass.

giant picture