LOL! I'm with you to a point. I was surprised that Moff would let anyone else but himself write them out. However, I think there's something else going on here. We know we'll "see them" again, since they'll be showing us his death at Lake Silencio from his perspective. But, I still think Gillan was lying when she said she'd be around next year. If that's the case, then it will be as random guest-appearances probably. Kind of like Martha? I don't know. Either way, personally, if this is the ultimate good-bye between them, then I'm good. I don't think every companions needs a fanfare send-off. Sometimes, their stories just end, and they go away. That's how it was in the old days before RTD needed every second to be an epiphany in emotional naval-gazing. But, like I said, we'll see. I don't think that's it. Not yet. For all we know, Amy's the one in the astronaut suit that shoots him.

And since we only have two episodes left, and the next one is a stand-alone, then that means the mystery of his death will probably linger until Xmas...