Originally Posted By: Prometheus
What did you think about the season finale with the Pandorica and The Big Bang?

too hard to really enjoy with a bunch of seven year old running around. the ending was still a bit "deus ex machina" although not nearly as bad as RTD's stuff.

Quote:
What's your estimate of Matt Smith so far?

he has an alienness to his performance that reminds me of Baker at his best but without being derivative. he's also got a pretty good emotional range. much better than Tennant and his one constant whatever.

Quote:
What about Karen Gillan?

sexy accent!

Quote:
You say you picked up Six/2 this week. Where does it start? 'Let's Kill Hitler'?

Yes. this is the ep I'm referring to when I say "bait and switch" done right.

Quote:
Man, I really hope you get to see the first half soon and then watch it all together. I think you'll really love the huge big picture Moff's playing with. Have you finished the second half of that season yet?

dunno, but I've gone through the whole dvd.

Quote:
Also, did you ever see the first half of Smith's first season? If I remember correctly, you started with the Van Gogh episode, right?

no and no. missed Van Gogh, so I really started with The Lodger.

Quote:
And, while I looooved 'The Lodger', I thought 'Closing Time' was horseshit. I LOATHE beating ANY enemy with fucking "love". That's the gayest shit. Period.

presactly! that's why I called it a parody of RTD! I'm serious, but I think you've already figured out my meaning from your responses to Igward. that whole episode is so obviously a comedy and not meant to be taken seriously.