Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I concede if he's not an ex-cop, that I misheard that in another article. Fair enough. But, let me ask you this: I'm half-Irish. Does that make it okay if I stalk and kill, specifically, an Irish teenager walking around? According to G-man's post it does.

It makes it less likely that you're biased against Irish. That's what the article is pointing out. Nowhere does it justify killing. It simply points out that the 'facts' about Zimmerman have been wrong. Just like your 'fact' about him being an ex-cop.

But....the "facts" as you keep claiming you're waiting for...seem to be clear:

Zimmerman / Weapon = Pistol / Disobeyed police orders not to stalk the kid / Shot and killed kid

Zimmerman didn't disobey police orders. The 911 dispatcher, who is not a cop, said that he didn't have to follow Martin. Zimmerman, having been told the same thing in another incident where the thief (as he was caught days later) got away, decided that he wasn't chancing another one disappearing before the police showed up.

Martin / Weapon = Hoodie / Walking by himself at night / Gets stalked by Zimmerman / Shot and killed by Zimmerman

Martin/ Weapon = possibly fist. Again, you've left our a lot of the real fact to concentrate on the ones that support the decision you've already made. You neglect that the neighborhood had been suffering from a rash of robberies and vandalism for years. What would you do if you suddenly saw someone you didn't know walking around your neighborhood at night after repeated instances of burglary? I'm guessing you'd probably say, "Well, he's black; and I can do anything that might be considered racist. I'll just have to ignore this whole episode."

Unless someone can show me the advanced hand-to-hand combat training Martin took....unless someone can show me the weapon or gun he was carrying....unless someone can show me what illegal activity he was involved in when he was murdered.....unless someone can show me Zimmerman remained in his car and did not intentionally stalk the aforementioned hoodie-wearing, unarmed kid....and was NOT the shooter that killed him.....then, no, I don't see where any more "facts" need to appear. It's pretty much all there.

You have just shown your own stubbornness and ignorance in this one rant. You've made a decision and require bullshit evidence to change it. Martin can't just be a kid who could brawl with his hands and fists. He has to have 'advanced' training to be a danger to anyone. I guess anyone who has beaten anyone else to death must have been military trained or spent years in isolated Shao Lin temples.

It's those last two lines of yours that echoes with me. I remember having a discussion with this uber partisan chick once who, when I brought out honest to god facts, told me, "I don't care what the facts are. The facts won't change my mind."

If I were walking the sidewalk at night, and some dude was following me and carrying a gun? And you think Trayvon was the instigator here? LOL!! Again, perspective.

So Zimmerman was following Martin with his gun drawn and waving it about? My god, Pro, if you witnessed this crime, why the hell haven't you come forward and given testimony? You cruel motherfucker.

If two grown men got into a fist-fight, and one of them pulled a gun and shot the other, then said shooter gets charged with murder. How is it not the exact same case here? Especially since we're talking about a teenager in this instance and a grown man.

You're claiming to know that Zimmerman is guilty without knowing if he was the aggressor or Martin was. There is a legal process to show if self defense is credible. You've made up your mind before that process has taken place.

Or, is it, because the kid was black that it's questionable?

You're the one concerned with race since you're okay with foregoing due process to penalize a 'racist'.

You can sit there and state I'm trying to find some moral high ground on this argument. Thing is, I don't need to find it. I know it.

Thank you for proving my point.

Armed man kills unarmed kid. That's the broken-down truth, right there. No cultural polish. No media or racial agenda. Just that.

And no facts.

He's guilty. Everything else is spin.

Guilty of what? Murder? Bad judgement? That's the question. Zimmerman shouldn't be let loose if he killed Martin when he could have avoided it. Again, if Martin attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman shouldn't just lay on the ground and let someone fucking hammer him. A man has a right to defend himself. The question is whether Zimmerman's actions were defense or something else and criminal.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."