Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Treyvon also played football. So he has some athletic ability.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Martin was but a fetus while Zimmerman was a highly trained CIA assassin with a plot to kill all the brown people.

Obviously.... \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53

I'm sure it was handy against that bullet...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Okay, you and MEM need to stop proclaiming yourselves as being the foremost experts on hand-to-hand in relation to weight classes. You have no clue what you're talking about.

I never proclaimed to be an expert. I just proclaimed the facts of the case. Thanks for the "expert" insight you gave on your personal experience in advanced hand-to-hand combat. Unfortunately, as has been proven, Trayvon was a scrawny unarmed teen. Zimmerman is a stout guy with a pistol. No matter how you describe either peerson, only one had a gun. End of story.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
It seems to me that Pro has the image of Zimmerman walking around with the gun in an ole west holster (since, you know, he was an ex-cop) ready for the quick draw like fucking Wyatt Earp.

I think the original pictures of Martin at 14 has really sunk into a lot of people's minds and made them think that there was no way he could beat up Zimmerman. Well, I've seen a 15 year-old beat the shit out of a grown man. And she was a chick.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I think I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It seems to me that Pro has the image of Zimmerman walking around with the gun in an ole west holster (since, you know, he was an ex-cop) ready for the quick draw like fucking Wyatt Earp.

I think the original pictures of Martin at 14 has really sunk into a lot of people's minds and made them think that there was no way he could beat up Zimmerman. Well, I've seen a 15 year-old beat the shit out of a grown man. And she was a chick.

Well, I guess you shouldn't have asked her to quiet down.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Probably not. But it was definitely handy for beating Zimmerman into the pavement.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Bitch wouldn't stop talking during Twilight!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
And she stole my popcorn. \:\(

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
*sigh*

Insert joke about a movie theater and popcorn here.

Last edited by Pariah; 2012-04-26 9:28 PM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Probably not. But it was definitely handy for beating Zimmerman into the pavement.

Zimmerman did have visable injures.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Seems to me that Doc has the image of a 7-ft-7 'gangsta' with brass knuckles and a 9-mil, chasing poor little old Zimmerman, who was just minding his own (white)business... \:lol\:

Quote:
I think the original pictures of Martin at 14 has really sunk into a lot of people's minds and made them think that there was no way he could beat up Zimmerman.

Well, that and the fact he was unarmed and facing a pistol...

Quote:
Well, I've seen a 15 year-old beat the shit out of a grown man. And she was a chick.

We're not talking USA channel action movies, man...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

She said she wasn't interested in facts. Doc tried to give her some...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Zimmerman did have visable injures.

How big were his bullet wounds?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Seems to me that Doc has the image of a 7-ft-7 'gangsta' with brass knuckles and a 9-mil, chasing poor little old Zimmerman, who was just minding his own (white)business... \:lol\:

No, I just know that a 17 year-old isn't incapable of beating up a 27 year-old. Nor have I made any judgement that Martin was responsible. I'm only waiting for all the evidence to come in to inform my opinion.

Quote:
I think the original pictures of Martin at 14 has really sunk into a lot of people's minds and made them think that there was no way he could beat up Zimmerman.

Well, that and the fact he was unarmed and facing a pistol...

We don't know if Martin was aware of the gun or not until he was shot. Zimmerman shows evidence of being in a fight. Neither of us know if Martin fought him in anger or self defense. Unless you have knowledge of evidence that the media itself hasn't reported (like the 'fact' that Zimmerman was an ex-cop).

Quote:
Well, I've seen a 15 year-old beat the shit out of a grown man. And she was a chick.

We're not talking USA channel action movies, man...

Facts are facts. Even the ones you don't like.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
The reports I've heard say Zimmerman was an ex cyborg cop.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Who time traveled from................... the past!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
an ex cyborg time cop! he can do splits while being beaten up.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
...and change his race. Don't forget that he can go from a part black half hispanic to an Aryan in the blink of an eye.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
(CNN) -- The lawyer for the neighborhood watch leader who fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, said Thursday that his client has received about $200,000 from supporters.

Orlando lawyer Mark O'Mara told CNN's "AC360" that George Zimmerman told him Wednesday of the donations as they were trying to shut down his Internet presence to avoid concerns about possible impersonators and problems with his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Anderson Cooper. "And he said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about 200, $204,000 that had come in to date."

cnn.com

Fair play!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
it's because people don't want racist whackxican child murderers to go to jail!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I bet Wondy's reading that news and getting the impression that killing blacks is profitable.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
yes? And????

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
seriously though, whether he was "forced" to shoot to save his life or not, one thing is known for sure: Zimmerman hunted down martin. Whatever happened between the chase and martins death, we will most likely never know truthfully. but I think Zimmerman should be held accountable for at the least manslaughter. this would never have happened if he'd backed off like the operator said.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
seriously though, whether he was "forced" to shoot to save his life or not, one thing is known for sure: Zimmerman hunted down martin. Whatever happened between the chase and martins death, we will most likely never know truthfully. but I think Zimmerman should be held accountable for at the least manslaughter. this would never have happened if he'd backed off like the operator said.

That's a lighter version of exactly what I'm saying. Zimmerman instigated this by not following directions and by taking the law into his own hands. Now an innocent kid is dead.

But, no one is listening. They're all scrambling for a way to clear this killer...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:
(CNN) -- The lawyer for the neighborhood watch leader who fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, said Thursday that his client has received about $200,000 from supporters.

Orlando lawyer Mark O'Mara told CNN's "AC360" that George Zimmerman told him Wednesday of the donations as they were trying to shut down his Internet presence to avoid concerns about possible impersonators and problems with his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Anderson Cooper. "And he said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about 200, $204,000 that had come in to date."

cnn.com

The FAUXNews Flock is bowing-and-paying as instructed...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
seriously though, whether he was "forced" to shoot to save his life or not, one thing is known for sure: Zimmerman hunted down martin.

Based on what evidence? You can only say he "hunted" him if he had murder in mind all along.

According to Zimmerman, he was observing. And by all accounts, that's exactly what he was doing until he was attacked.

The fact that Zimmerman followed was definitely what set Martin off, but that doesn't mean it should be the deciding factor in a manslaughter case. To my understanding, following someone doesn't equate to negligent homicide especially since, again, he didn't instigate a fight.

Quote:
this would never have happened if he'd backed off like the operator said.

Indeed. But assuming the eye witness and Zimmerman's account is correct, one could also argue that if Martin hadn't instigated the fight no one would have died.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Fine, poor choice of words. Zimmerman chased Martin. And my evidence is the 911 call that clearly shows Zimmerman was moving at a very fast pace. The operator catches on that he's running and asks him to not, but he does anyway.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
...Indeed. But assuming the eye witness and Zimmerman's account is correct, one could also argue that if Martin hadn't instigated the fight no one would have died.

There is no evidence that Martin instigated the fight other than Zimmerman saying so. His story of Martin coming out of nowhere and asking him if he had a problem doesn't seem to match up with what the friend of Martin's said she heard over the phone.

Quote:
“Trayvon said, ‘What, are you following me for,’ and the man said, ‘What are you doing here.’ Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:

cnn.com

The interview looks like O'Mara covering his ass as it was a well circulated article before he took the case that Zimmerman had set up a website to collect donations for his legal defense. Either way, if they failed to disclose it, I see Zimmerman going back inside for the duration.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

That's a lighter version of exactly what I'm saying. Zimmerman instigated this by not following directions and by taking the law into his own hands. Now an innocent kid is dead.

But, no one is listening. They're all scrambling for a way to clear this killer...

No, what I'm saying is that we don't have all the facts to know what really happened and to what degree Zimmerman is culpable under the law. What you've been saying is that Zimmerman is a racist who was just waiting to kill a darkie.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Race notwithstanding, as a gun "enthusiast" and CHL holder, I'd like to weigh in on the matter.

Zimmerman should've NEVER given chase. Not JUST because the dispatchers said "Don't," though, frankly, ignoring the direction of someone working for a law enforcement agency who has you recorded is definitely not going to help your case. Ever. Take for instance Joe Horn, a Texas man who reported a break-in/robbery at his neighbor's place, which he acknowledged was vacant (he was checking in on the place while they were on vacation) and, while the phone was still live with the 911 dispatcher, he clearly expressed his intent, chased two guys down and shot them with his 12 gauge.

Both cases share not only the aforementioned common point, but also, in any defensive classes you take, be it hand-to-hand or with a weapon, the common point is: Fight to neutralize your threat, but every POSSIBLE attempt should be made to defuse the situation first, be it by flight, by intimidation or by reasoning. In effect, if someone's got a gun trained on you, it's safe to assume the average human won't be able to outrun bullets, and trying to intimidate or reason with the assailant would be an exercise in futility at worst, and a gamble at best. The only exception to this, in the state of Texas, is within your own home, where you do not need to run.

With that being said, one indisputable fact about this case (and the Horn case I alluded to) is that there was no real threat to the shooter in either one. More could have been done by trying to ID the person(s) in question and letting the police handle it. My biggest issue with this whole story is simply that: Did Zimmerman NEED to chase down Martin? What did he expect was going to come of following him? The end result was violence that could've been easily avoided by following the direction given by the dispatchers and -- dare I say it -- using a little common sense. Martin could've been a fucking Smurf, Zimmerman a Klansman. Doesn't change those facts.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
See also
In effect, guy claims self defense after getting rear-ended, throwing his vehicle into reverse and pushing the departed onto the median. The guy being pushed then flashes a gun, the shooter draws his own, gets OUT of his truck and puts a bullet in the other guy's head.
End result? Charged with murder.

Last edited by PCG342; 2012-04-28 2:51 PM.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
Take for instance Joe Horn, a Texas man who reported a break-in/robbery at his neighbor's place, which he acknowledged was vacant (he was checking in on the place while they were on vacation) and, while the phone was still live with the 911 dispatcher, he clearly expressed his intent, chased two guys down and shot them with his 12 gauge.

Suppose for a moment that Horn didn't call 911 and wasn't instructed not to leave the house. How much do you think the situation has really changed? How much more or less liable do you think Horn has become?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
What you've been saying is that Zimmerman is a racist who was just waiting to kill a darkie.

Actually, I was only really emphasizing the racist aspect to torment Dave. However, the facts all seem to point to the obvious conclusion. If it looks, acts, smells, and sounds like a duck, you don't have to "wait for OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT ANSWER" to morally and intellectually understand it's not a beautiful swan wearing a pearl necklace. It's a fucking duck, man. No matter how much you love your duck-brothers and want to believe they're something else.

I was searching for a Howard the Duck reference, but couldn't squeeze it out. Sorry.

Anyway, motivation is the key here. What's Zimmerman's motivation for being out in the night, armed with a pistol that's designed to do only one thing (there's no "stun-setting" in real life)? To kill. Period. What's Zimmerman's motivation to stalk an unarmed kid and murder him? Because he "looked suspicious". He was wearing a "hoodie". Profiling. Racial profiling, to be specific.

To claim you "don't know what happened so you'll wait for the facts" is a faux-naivete I'm unaccustomed to you adopting. Usually you're able to see the truth in discussions. But, I think you've allowed personal bias to cloud your objectivity. I'll repeat myself: no matter how your slice it, the math adds up the same. Zimmerman, armed with a pistol, stalked and murdered unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin because he looked 'suspiciously black'. Simple as that.

But, I'm sure someone out there still believes OJ Simpson is innocent, too...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
Take for instance Joe Horn, a Texas man who reported a break-in/robbery at his neighbor's place, which he acknowledged was vacant (he was checking in on the place while they were on vacation) and, while the phone was still live with the 911 dispatcher, he clearly expressed his intent, chased two guys down and shot them with his 12 gauge.

Suppose for a moment that Horn didn't call 911 and wasn't instructed not to leave the house. How much do you think the situation has really changed? How much more or less liable do you think Horn has become?

In that particular instance, he's liable for intentional murder no matter how you look at it. It wasn't his house, there was nothing they could steal, and he chased them off his and the neighbor's property, and still killed them. That's murder.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Did Zimmerman NEED to chase down Martin? What did he expect was going to come of following him? The end result was violence that could've been easily avoided by following the direction given by the dispatchers and -- dare I say it -- using a little common sense.

Did he 'chase down,' Martin, implying an aggressive running after the young man, or did he quietly follow Martin, implying a less threatening action?

Note that this is not a rhetorical or argumentative question. Has one or the other been established?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"Chased"? Is that a legal term?

He told them not to move when they got caught on the property that he was charged with protecting. They moved.

Moving can mean a lot of things.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
Did Zimmerman NEED to chase down Martin? What did he expect was going to come of following him? The end result was violence that could've been easily avoided by following the direction given by the dispatchers and -- dare I say it -- using a little common sense.

Did he 'chase down,' Martin, implying an aggressive running after the young man, or did he quietly follow Martin, implying a less threatening action?

From what I understand of it Zimmerman claims that he wasn't trying to chase him down so much as he was trying to keep track of the direction he went in till the cops got there. However, at some point he pushed his luck and Martin felt threatened enough to backtrack on him.

I'm not sure if the law sees a distinction between that and all the terms that people are coming up with to describe what Zimmerman did. "Follow," "chase," "stalk," "hunt."

Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard