Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
*Bat plane*

Honestly not trying to mince meanings here, but that's a plane. Not a hi-tech ground and air vehicle. If she had hopped into his plane, he wouldn't have had to say, "This isn't a car," with so much stylistic flare before the camera angles glorified its takeoff.

When was there a flying car in Iron Man? Because that's exactly what you're referring to, right? This Batman trailer having a copy of the flying car in the Iron Man movies, right? That 'this isn't a car' quip is not at all like Gordon's 'I've got to get me one of those' line in Batman Begins, which also must have come out after Iron Man so it could steal the high tech angle that is only in Iron Man movies and not once in a Batman movie or TV show.

Originally Posted By: thedocter
I haven't seen the Avengers, since, you know, it has been released in the states yet. Is this another instance of you reading the script online first?

Don't need to.

That's pretty much the only point you ever want to make.

Quote:
Black Widow's use in IM2 was the same as Nick Fury's. It was prepping and building up the Avengers concept.

Fair enough. But how does that serve the Iron Man film?

It didn't. But Nolan's not building a full comic/movie universe like Marvel is.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."