Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
When was there a flying car in Iron Man?

"...flying assault vehicle..."

Quote:
Because that's exactly what you're referring to, right? This Batman trailer having a copy of the flying car in the Iron Man movies, right? That 'this isn't a car' quip is not at all like Gordon's 'I've got to get me one of those' line in Batman Begins, which also must have come out after Iron Man so it could steal the high tech angle that is only in Iron Man movies and not once in a Batman movie or TV show.

"...I'm not about to compare a grappling hook or a remote controlled batarang to a flying car..."

Nice attempt at a redirect though.

Is it a flying car or 'flying assault vehicle'?

You're attempting to redirect to cover up for the fact that you're twisting the context of what you're seeing to make you seem justified in disliking a franchise that pretty much everyone else fucking loves. You keep making it seem like WB is copying Iron Man for their marketing push. Why? Why would they want to copy a series of films that, together, barely made more than The Dark Knight did alone?

"We made over half a billion dollars on The Dark Knight. How much did Iron Man make?"
"About $320 mil."
"And Iron Man 2?"
"About $310 mil."
"You know what we need to do to make money on the next Batman film?"
"Copy the less successful Iron Man franchise?"
"Damn right!"

So that sequence where she was loading the clip right before the arrival of the flying metal serpent was implying that she was going to take it down with a couple hollow points?

Probably more effectively than Hawkeye with a couple of arrows. Seriously, that's as silly as her with the gun. How are people missing that?

What exactly is the point of a preview in your mind? Because apparently it's always meaningless regardless of its content--and yet you'll still get excited over it.

It's not meaningless. It's just not a complete picture. They're going to spend more time on the splodey stuff than characters. Can't really make solid declarations regarding how well the character works in that short amount of time. I still like seeing the splodey stuff.

Quote:
It didn't. But Nolan's not building a full comic/movie universe like Marvel is.

And yet, keeping that motive for a larger universe in mind, Black Widow was stilled used as a selling feature for Iron Man.

Here's a little secret for you, Pariah: most men like seeing hot chicks bouncing around in tight clothes. We also prefer our women without cocks. I can see how you are unable to integrate into the greater society.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."