Print Thread
Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
What you've been saying is that Zimmerman is a racist who was just waiting to kill a darkie.

Actually, I was only really emphasizing the racist aspect to torment Dave. However, the facts all seem to point to the obvious conclusion. If it looks, acts, smells, and sounds like a duck, you don't have to "wait for OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT ANSWER" to morally and intellectually understand it's not a beautiful swan wearing a pearl necklace. It's a fucking duck, man. No matter how much you love your duck-brothers and want to believe they're something else.

I guess Richard Jewell was a lone bomber duck, then? Oh, wait. Turns out he didn't make and plant the bomb despite the media branding him as a failed cop looking to be a hero. Turns out that he actually was a hero who saved lives.

The Duke Lacross team was a group of racist, rich, white mallards who raped a poor, defenseless black girl. Oops. Turned out that the chick was a crazy, lying hooker who made up the whole thing.

I was searching for a Howard the Duck reference, but couldn't squeeze it out. Sorry.

You sick son of a bitch!

Anyway, motivation is the key here. What's Zimmerman's motivation for being out in the night, armed with a pistol that's designed to do only one thing (there's no "stun-setting" in real life)? To kill. Period. What's Zimmerman's motivation to stalk an unarmed kid and murder him? Because he "looked suspicious". He was wearing a "hoodie". Profiling. Racial profiling, to be specific.

You, again, ignore the fact that there is no evidence of racism in Zimmerman's past. There is also evidence that his neighborhood was several years into a rash of robberies and vandalism. In just a little over the previous year, about 500 calls had been made to 911 from that gated community. So can you really blame Zimmerman for being suspicious of a complete stranger walking around his gated community at night?

To claim you "don't know what happened so you'll wait for the facts" is a faux-naivete I'm unaccustomed to you adopting. Usually you're able to see the truth in discussions. But, I think you've allowed personal bias to cloud your objectivity. I'll repeat myself: no matter how your slice it, the math adds up the same. Zimmerman, armed with a pistol, stalked and murdered unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin because he looked 'suspiciously black'. Simple as that.

I try to not rush to a conclusion when racism is tossed willie-nillie about. I've seen that used too much as a cover while completely ignoring the facts of the situation. If anything, I'm trying to keep bias from clouding my objectivity. I'm not 100% convinced that Zimmerman's telling the whole truth. I'll let public disclosure of evidence inform my final decision.

You've obviously let incorrect information and passion fashion your decision and unwilling to reconsider it, DC (considering your previous post using my initials, I thought that's what we were doing now. Also, you won't get by thinking it's associated with DC comics. No. It's associated with DC clothes, manufacturers of clothing for douchebags everywhere.). Zimmerman never described Martin as 'suspiciously black', so your use of quotes with that phrase is terribly misleading. You also paint a picture of Zimmerman walking around with a gun drawn, ready to kill Martin when the time suits him. You have nothing to back that up. As far as we know, Zimmerman followed from a distance and didn't confront Martin. Maybe he did. I'll wait for the collected evidence and not talking heads opinions in those regards.

But, I'm sure someone out there still believes OJ Simpson is innocent, too...

You hate OJ because you suck at basketball. He's an ex-football player, Pro. How many times do we have to go over this?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
Take for instance Joe Horn, a Texas man who reported a break-in/robbery at his neighbor's place, which he acknowledged was vacant (he was checking in on the place while they were on vacation) and, while the phone was still live with the 911 dispatcher, he clearly expressed his intent, chased two guys down and shot them with his 12 gauge.

Suppose for a moment that Horn didn't call 911 and wasn't instructed not to leave the house. How much do you think the situation has really changed? How much more or less liable do you think Horn has become?

Morally and ethically? Liability remains intact. Legally? He gave them the rope, and invited them to the hanging.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
Did Zimmerman NEED to chase down Martin? What did he expect was going to come of following him? The end result was violence that could've been easily avoided by following the direction given by the dispatchers and -- dare I say it -- using a little common sense.

Did he 'chase down,' Martin, implying an aggressive running after the young man, or did he quietly follow Martin, implying a less threatening action?

Note that this is not a rhetorical or argumentative question. Has one or the other been established?

Okay. It was a low-speed pursuit!

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Morally and ethically? Liability remains intact. Legally? He gave them the rope, and invited them to the hanging.

Negative.

People can hark back to the 'he was told to do this or that' tune all they like, but that's not going to assign the attendant over the phone a better perspective than Horn--or even Zimmerman for that matter.

The 911 attendant's advice is definitely fodder for the masses. But not necessarily for a prosecutor.

If anyone recalls, there was a case of a 75 year old woman who chased a burglar out of her house and into her backyard with a .38 Special. She fired off a warning shot after he refused to freeze and scared him enough to make him stay on the ground. While she informed a 911 operator of this, she had to fire off another warning shot as he was making a second attempt to get away. The operator had the gall to say, "Stop shooting at him!" The operator was more concerned with the fact that the woman had a gun pointed at him than she was with her safety. If she followed that person's advice, she would have been put at great risk.

Last edited by Pariah; 2012-04-28 10:49 PM.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If she had killed him while he was attempting to leave that would have been murder.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Take for instance Joe Horn, a Texas man who reported a break-in/robbery at his neighbor's place, which he acknowledged was vacant (he was checking in on the place while they were on vacation) and, while the phone was still live with the 911 dispatcher, he clearly expressed his intent, chased two guys down and shot them with his 12 gauge.

Suppose for a moment that Horn didn't call 911 and wasn't instructed not to leave the house. How much do you think the situation has really changed? How much more or less liable do you think Horn has become?

If I recall correctly, Horn was never convicted or even tried, was he?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If she had killed him while he was attempting to leave that would have been murder.

That I'll agree with. Someone fleeing no longer puts you in danger. You have no right, legally or ethically, to shoot someone who is fleeing.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

No.

You see, the problem with intruders and/or attackers that don't stay still is that you have no idea what they're trying to do. They could very well be looking for an opportunity to regroup.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

No.

Yes, it is. You shoot someone fleeing, it is legally murder. Your opinion doesn't matter. That's the law in every state that I'm aware of.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

That I'll agree with. Someone fleeing no longer puts you in danger. You have no right, legally or ethically, to shoot someone who is fleeing.

Correct. And I could be wrong because the laws of each state vary, but I don't think that even a "stand your ground" law allows you to shoot someone who is running away.
  • "In order to get the protection of the law," said Florida state Sen. David Simmons, an alleged victim "must not, for example, be the aggressor; cannot be waving a gun at someone; and cannot be engaged in drug dealing."

In fact, generally, even a police officer normally can't shoot someone running away, except to prevent the escape of a “fleeing felon” who poses a significant threat to human life after escape.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Even if he's black?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes, it is. You shoot someone fleeing, it is legally murder. Your opinion doesn't matter. That's the law in every state that I'm aware of.

If the person is on the ground and suddenly decides to move, you have no idea what he or she is planning. You can't just assume the intent is to run away and you shouldn't have to wait and see what he or she does to find out. There is cause to shoot.

Last edited by Pariah; 2012-04-29 12:21 AM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Even if your analysis of the situation is correct, Pariah, you're going to have trouble convincing a court of that fact.

Though I would note that doc may be wrong on it being murder. Depending on the facts it might be a lesser charge of manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered
By Frances Robles The Miami Herald

SANFORD -- Just as George Zimmerman’s attorney pushes the envelope of accepted legal practices by launching a social media operation for his client, another site has popped up that belonged to the controversial former neighborhood watch volunteer who now faces a murder charge.
This one is a 7-year old Myspace page called “only to be king again” that makes disparaging comments about Mexicans. The Web page, which his attorney confirmed Tuesday is legitimate, makes reference to 2005 criminal cases and a brush in court with a woman who Zimmerman called his “ex-hoe.”
There are several photos of Zimmerman on the page, and in one of them he appears to be wearing the same orange polo shirt that he donned in his 2005 police mug shot. Zimmerman used the name “Joe G.” on the site, and posted a biography that mentions he grew up in Manassas, Va., had recently opened an insurance business and missed all his friends.
Last month, a Zimmerman Myspace page under the username “datniggytb” was taken down.
The Joe G page includes a missive written in street slang.
“I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book,” the 2005 Myspace page said. “Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”
Another line suggested his friends went to jail and did not rat him out. “They do a year and dont ever open thier [sic] mouth to get my ass pinched.”
The pictures posted on the page including several with an ethnically diverse group of friends. The blog section boasts about having two felonies knocked down to misdemeanors and describes a court battle with an ex-girlfriend. Zimmerman faced two felonies in 2005 for obstructing justice and battery on a law enforcement officer, but the cases were reduced to misdemeanor simple battery, and he was left with no criminal conviction on his record.
Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, confirmed the page was his client’s, and that it was abandoned in 2005.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/01/2778234/myspace-page-is-latest-salvo-in.html#storylink=cpy

Seems like we got Martin's social media dirt (both the real and the manufactured) much earlier. Probably the most interesting thing to me is that Zimmerman seems to be bragging about getting away with his previous assault of a cop. Kind of doubt if any of this would be used as part of the trial though.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Kind of doubt if any of this would be used as part of the trial though.

especially considering that the 'dialect' used throughout said page sort of deflates the whole ZOMG RACISM!!1! argument a little...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:

Seems like we got Martin's social media dirt (both the real and the manufactured) much earlier. Probably the most interesting thing to me is that Zimmerman seems to be bragging about getting away with his previous assault of a cop. Kind of doubt if any of this would be used as part of the trial though.

If Zimmerman testifies I think it might be legitmately used to impeach his character.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Zimmerman seems to be bragging about getting away with his previous assault of a cop.

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Haven't you read anything G-Shill & Co. have been telling you, MEM? Zimmerman is nice, perfect-white American citizen who was only protecting his family and loved ones from an unarmed negro teenager who was WALKING THROUGH THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD! *gasp* How can you even THINK he's a violent man? The kid was BLACK and acting like a free citizen of this country! He was BLACK!! Zimmerman only murdered him because, you know, he had to, not because he's a racist psychopath or anything... JEEEZ!

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Zimmerman isn't white. He's of mixed race.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Now that "mixed race"= "white," I guess Obama didn't make history after all.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Well, he'll still be in Disney's Hall of Presidents.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Zimmerman seems to be bragging about getting away with his previous assault of a cop.

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Haven't you read anything G-Shill & Co. have been telling you, MEM? Zimmerman is nice, perfect-white American citizen who was only protecting his family and loved ones from an unarmed negro teenager who was WALKING THROUGH THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD! *gasp* How can you even THINK he's a violent man? The kid was BLACK and acting like a free citizen of this country! He was BLACK!! Zimmerman only murdered him because, you know, he had to, not because he's a racist psychopath or anything... JEEEZ!

Did Zimmerrman call the kid racists names or refer to the kid in racists terms?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

Did Zimmerrman call the kid racists names or refer to the kid in racists terms?

Not that anybody heard.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So Pro is full of shit here at least on the above post.

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Source: Zimmerman says Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

6:41 p.m. EST, May 3, 2012
George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

The source said Zimmerman's account of events hasn't changed in his several statements to police — in which he said he was so unnerved by the teen's behavior that he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. However, he never mentioned any of that while talking to the dispatcher.

The details revealed by the source provide new insight into what Zimmerman said happened in the earliest moments of his contact with Trayvon. And they may reveal the inconsistencies alluded to by prosecutors in the case.

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

Zimmerman also told police, the source told the Sentinel, that while the two were on the ground, Trayvon reached for Zimmerman's gun, and the two struggled over it.

Those portions of Zimmerman's account are not corroborated by other evidence, the source said.

orlandosentinel.com

It seems to me that some of this if true, is more than just inconsistencies.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Not that I want to defend Pro there is a lot of misinformation out there about this tragedy.

At first the media was reporting that while on the 911 call Zimmerman said "fucking coons"

Then when the actual audio is released you hear Zimmerman say "It's fucking cold."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The media has spun this thing way out of control.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"Network" is on Netflix streaming right now. It really is surprising how prophetic it was.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Don't come into the middle of an adult conversation, alt-ID David, and pretend you can add something of relevance.

The racism is an obvious fact. Zimmerman wouldn't have been out there stalking a white teenager to murder him. He was worried cause he thought "the blacks" were trying to steal his HD TV. Plenty of reason to gun an unarmed kid down in cold blood, right?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Don't come into the middle of an adult conversation, alt-ID David, and pretend you can add something of relevance.

The racism is an obvious fact. Zimmerman wouldn't have been out there stalking a white teenager to murder him. He was worried cause he thought "the blacks" were trying to steal his HD TV. Plenty of reason to gun an unarmed kid down in cold blood, right?

You don't know that Zimmerman wouldn't have checked out a white guy in a hoodie.

You don't even know what race Zimmerman is.

You are embracing ignorance.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Pro, is Zimmerman guilty only because he owned a firearm?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
The facts are there. It's the willfully-blind pundits such as yourself that embrace ignorance. He profiled him based on his "hoodie" (racial profiling) and recent string of thefts (not murder, violence, or anything else....just taking material goods non-essential to living). He was supposedly "scared" because the teenager was walking through his neighborhood. Acting like it's an innocent gesture to stalk and murder and unarmed black kid is some kind of immoral spin to make those who "sympathize" with Zimmerman (i.e. other racists) feel better about the cruelty in their heart. Fact.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No, no facts. Ignorance. You claim to know exactly what happened when only one person does. Only two people were there, one of them is dead.

You don't know for a fact that Zimmerman wouldn't have checked out a white guy in a hoodie.

Also, I do not sympathize with Zimmerman. At all.

I'm not just going to assume Zimmerman was out there specifically to kill the first black people he came across either. That is ridiculous.

He most likely was the cause of Martin's death, just by his attitude.

My only position on this is that we do not have all the facts and most likely never will. I do not see how that puts me in a camp for either Martin or Zimmerman.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Pro, if on Earth 2, Martin had tried to strong arm rob Zimmerman, and Zimmerman shot him dead would you still have the same stance?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Another thing, how does a pro Zimmerman stance automatically make you a racist?

Zimmerman is Hispanic.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

No.Show me some facts that prove what you're saying. Otherwise I declare you to be full of shit up past your eyeballs and leaking out your ears.

Last edited by Lothar of The Hill People; 2012-05-04 10:46 PM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I would be a little pissed if I was walking through a neighborhood minding my own damnn business and some asshole came at me demanding to know what I was doing here and blah bah blah. I'd tell hime I was there to do his mom and ask him if he could let me know when she was done with the five guys in line in front of me.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

No.Show me some facts that prove what you're saying. Otherwise I declare you to be full of shit up past your eyeballs and leaking out your ears.

Poor Lothar. Either read along or stay with the kids.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Show me some facts that prove what you're saying. Otherwise I declare you to be full of shit up past your eyeballs and leaking out your ears.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Read the thread you lazy fuck!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think he has.

Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard