Oh the "white" part is open to debate. But, I'll play it your way...

Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Armed adult civilian stalks unarmed black child, even after he was told not to by the authorities. He shoots the child because....well, I guess because the kid was going to pull a bag of skittles on him. Either way, he murdered an innocent, unarmed child.

The blood is on the hands of every coward that attempts to validate this murderer.

Yep. Same math. Now, why did Zimmerman stalk this child? Was it because he didn't at all look suspicious? Was Zimmerman stalking women pushing their cribs through the neighborhood? Was he following, armed with a pistol, the elderly as they passed his neighborhood? OR...was it because a black kid wearing a hoodie immediately fired up his suspicious meter? Enough to force him stalk the teen, contrary to being instructed not to by the authorities? The answer is YES. He targeted this kid because he profiled him.

Ignoring the obvious facts of motivation makes people trying to defend his actions come off as not only naive and clueless, but willfully ignorant of reality. They'd much rather play dumb and give the killer a break, than actually admit that violent, dangerous racism exists. Mainly because, I sincerely believe, they recognize similar traits in themselves and can't come to grips with their own inherited hate and prejudice. It's textbook 101. It's why the Republicans hate education. It shines too brightly on their antiquated power-lust of class dominance. Simple, really.

It's all right there in front of you. You just have to be willing to set aside your own fears and acknowledge the problems we haven't fixed in our supposedly "advanced" society...