Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Seriously....less motive to lie. That's fucking retarded.

For Zimmerman the motive for lying would be to avoid prison. Martin's friend however would actually be taking a risk if she gave false testimony.

Glad I could explain it for you Pariah.

There's a de-facto fallacy in way you phrased the argument, but the name still escapes me.

Probably having a rough time finding that name because what I said was pretty simple and recognizably true.

For now, all I have to do is point out your presumptuousness. The question here wouldn't revolve around motives to either lie or tell the truth, but rather what one would typically expect from a given individual's character in relation to their view of friends and/or family. You really have no idea whether or not someone who lied about the case would necessarily put greater consideration into a level of risk over their own perception of social justice and revenge like, for instance, the parents when they lied about Martin's voice--or the prosecutor who only tried Zimmerman due to social pressure.

Furthermore, because the integrity of her statements can neither be confirmed nor falsified by anyone else but her, she's subject to little to no risk of being tried for perjury.

Why would you say Martin's parents lied or that the prosecutor only tried Zimmerman due to social pressure? At best those are your opinions and not facts as you state them.

Fair play!