Print Thread
Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Honestly though it's hard for me to understand the pro-zimmerman crowd that is so sure that he can't be guilty that the case needs to be thrown out. Stand Your Ground despite what you said at the beginning has played a role in this and it looks like it's still in play.

Because G and his ilk are racists. They can't STAND to see a white murderer brought to justice. Of course, if Zimmerman were black and the kid he killed was white, well, they would instantly reverse all course of thought and action. That's their thing, you see. They have no scruples or ethics. Whatever they need to lie or believe to "win" is all they care about. Don't you pay attention to the hate-speech that gushes from their mouths with every post?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
The Rightwingers are to find a way to help their murdering white brother out of this. Poor hatemongers. \:lol\:

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
I have an opinion but I'm very well aware that the evidence isn't all in. Honestly though it's hard for me to understand the pro-zimmerman crowd that is so sure that he can't be guilty that the case needs to be thrown out....

Granted I may have missed a point or two while trying to wade through pages of "You are ignoring this user" when Promod is (presumably) spamming us with drivel about how we're all "republinazi Faux news indoctrinated corporate shills" (or whatever he vomited up from this week's Occutard twitter feed). However, from what I've seen, the posters here haven't said Zimmerman "can't be guilty." They've simply expressed doubt in the narrative that Zimmerman was some sort of white (he isn't) racist (he probably isn't, given he's part black) who shot an unarmed kid without provocation.

Furthermore, many of those doubts, as the facts roll in, seem to be grounded in at least some of the evidence.

I will concede that a few posters have expressed the opinion that a murder charge should--or will be--thrown out. And maybe (see above) I missed someone saying more. However, it also appears to me that those posters are doing so based upon the idea that lesser charges such as manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide were more appropriate. If I recall correctly, that was your opinion as well early on.

Quote:
Stand Your Ground despite what you said at the beginning has played a role in this and it looks like it's still in play.

As near as I can tell the aspects of the SYGL that are possibly applicable in this case are typical self-defense questions:
  • Who was the initial aggressor;
    If Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, had he exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force;
    Did Zimmerman reasonably believe it is necessary to use deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself;

The only one that is potentially different than a typical self defense case is whether, if he was the initial aggressor, Zimmerman had no duty to retreat. But even there under SYGL he has to have exhausted every other avenue, which is a similar concept.

And, if Zimmerman wasn't the initial aggressor (and I think a court may be hard pressed to find that following Martin filled that role) then SYGL wouldn't be applicable anyway. It would be "regular" self defense.

Ultimately, based on what I've seen, I think this case will more likely hinge on "regular" self defense and on who attacked who first.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-Shill
Granted I may have missed a point or two while trying to pretend I'm ignoring Pro. I mean, since I'm ignoring his posts, that mean I don't know what he's talking about. Nor could I possibly comment on it, since I'm pretending to ignore him. But, really, I'm reading every single post. And his facts scare me.

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FACT: Martin Zimmerman is a white ( "HISPANIC! NO, WAIT! HE'S A JEW!!" - Rightwing Shills) adult that has a history of violence and psychotic medication.

FACT: Trayvon Martin was a black ( "NO! HE WAS A THUG! DIDN'T YOU SEE HIS TEETH?!" - Rightwing Shills) teenager, minding his own business, walking on a sidewalk in what's considered a "free country" for most (i.e. Whites).

FACT: Trayvon Martin made no contact with Martin Zimmerman.

FACT: Martin Zimmerman disobeyed the instructions of the police and stalked Trayvon Martin.

FACT: Martin Zimmerman carried a concealed pistol.

FACT: Trayvon Martin carried a bag of Skittles.

FACT: Martin shot Trayvon point-blank, murdering him on the spot.

FACT: Martin Zimmerman is a killer that deserves a life sentence for murdering an innocent child in cold blood.

None of that is in dispute. None of that is in error. Motherfucking FACT.

Originally Posted By: Rightwingers and Posters Who Pretend Not to Hate Prometheus
NOOOOOO!!!! FAIR JUSTICE!!! Uh...HE'S NOT WHITE!! Uh...some TVs were stolen somewhere!! Uh....THE UNARMED BLACK TEENAGER WAS A THREAT TO HIS LIFE!!! ZIMMERMAN IS INNOCENT AND YOU JUST HATE....uh....PEOPLE WHO ARE INNOCENT!! YOU JUST WANT TO SPAM!!! REPOST!! LALALALALALALALALA!!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

\:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\:

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
So that's a 'no' then.

Could you at least attempt to be more clever in your trolling?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FACT: Martin Zimmerman is a white ( "HISPANIC! NO, WAIT! HE'S A JEW!!" - Rightwing Shills) adult that has a history of violence and psychotic medication.

FACT: Trayvon Martin was a black ( "NO! HE WAS A THUG! DIDN'T YOU SEE HIS TEETH?!" - Rightwing Shills) teenager, minding his own business, walking on a sidewalk in what's considered a "free country" for most (i.e. Whites).

FACT: Martin Zimmerman disobeyed the instructions of the police and stalked Trayvon Martin.

FACT: Martin Zimmerman is a killer that deserves a life sentence for murdering an innocent child in cold blood.

Originally Posted By: Rightwingers and Posters Who Pretend Not to Hate Prometheus
NOOOOOO!!!! FAIR JUSTICE!!! Uh...HE'S NOT WHITE!! Uh...some TVs were stolen somewhere!! Uh....THE UNARMED BLACK TEENAGER WAS A THREAT TO HIS LIFE!!! ZIMMERMAN IS INNOCENT AND YOU JUST HATE....uh....PEOPLE WHO ARE INNOCENT!! YOU JUST WANT TO SPAM!!! REPOST!! LALALALALALALALALA!!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
So that's another 'no'.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"Discussion"? You mean where all the "WE HATE BLACK/LIBERALS"-Rightwingers scrambling to justify this murder of an innocent child? You mean because Zimmerman had a Florida license it was okay for him to take it with the intention of using it? Again, no stun-setting. Guns can only be used for one thing. Thus, purely via logic, Zimmerman had that pistol to kill someone. No more, no less. Everything else are the hatemongers screaming to validate murder. Fact.

So Zimmerman specifically carried his weapon for the purpose of a gunning down a random black guy...

Interesting "logic".

Guns are deterrents. Their prevention of death is just as prevalent as their causing of it.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Manslaughters not a stretch. First degree murder would be. I've stated before that manslaughter would have been a better charge. 2nd degree doesn't imply intent of murder but it does imply intent to cause bodily injury, which I don't think was zimmerman was originally motivated to do. However when shit got real a chest shot at close range is indicative of intent to kill.

When forensics say the powder burns indicate Zimmerman was between 1 and 18 inches from Martin when he fired the fatal shot, combined with the broken nose and lacerations to Zimmerman's head, I'd say his motivation was not 1st- or 2nd-degree murder, or even manslaughter. It was clear self defense.

Zimmerman's motivation was to not end up a quadraplegic drinking his meals through a straw for the rest of his life.

Pending further evidence, I don't think Zimmerman provoked what happened. He'd already broken off pursuit and was returning to his truck, when unsolicitedly assaulted by Martin. Self-defense.

It's not about whether Zimmerman was on anti-depressants, or was arrested 6 years ago for resisting police arresting his friend, or about his wife filing a restraining order on him.
It's not about whether Trayvon Martin was suspended three times from school, had tatoos and a thug demeanor, and in his autopsy had THC in his blood stream.
Neither one of these guys were heroes or geniuses.

It's only about their actions from the time Zimmerman made his 911 call, and when the gunhole opened in Martin's chest. And pending further evidence, the forensics indicate self-defense in Zimmerman's actions.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
If he hadn't intended to kill someone, he wouldn't have been armed. Guns don't have "stun" settings...

So any police officer, or anyone else who has a concealed weapon permit, clearly wants to kill someone, and if anythinng ever happens, is guilty of murder.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
If he hadn't intended to kill someone, he wouldn't have been armed. Guns don't have "stun" settings...

So all cops carry guns because they're looking for people to kill?

Not equatable. Cops are liscensed to carry guns. A crazy murdering racist isn't. Glad I could explain that to you.

Zimmerman was in training to be a police officer. I've seen nothing to indicate he was charged with illegally possessing a handgun, so it's logical to assume he had a concealed weapon permit. The only possible gap is whether Zimmerman was authorized by his neighborhood watch to carry a gun while patrolling as a representative under their neighborhood watch. But as an individual on his own, he was authorized to carry a gun.

And as I've said repeatedly, it was dark and raining, and Zimmerman rattled off a list of reasons on his 911 call why Martin was suspicious, none of them racial. And only when asked if the suspect was white, black, or hispanic, did Zimmerman after a long pause go "um... I think he's black".
Indicating race was not even a consideration for Zimmerman, and it was only when asked that he weighed it for a few seconds, and finally guessed at Martin's race.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
"Discussion"? You mean where all the "WE HATE BLACK/LIBERALS"-Rightwingers scrambling to justify this murder of an innocent child? You mean because Zimmerman had a Florida license it was okay for him to take it with the intention of using it? Again, no stun-setting. Guns can only be used for one thing. Thus, purely via logic, Zimmerman had that pistol to kill someone. No more, no less. Everything else are the hatemongers screaming to validate murder. Fact.

So Zimmerman specifically carried his weapon for the purpose of a gunning down a random black guy...

Interesting "logic".

Guns are deterrents. Their prevention of death is just as prevalent as their causing of it.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

So any police officer, or anyone else who has a concealed weapon permit, clearly wants to kill someone, and if anythinng ever happens, is guilty of murder.

Exactly my point. As I explained.

OH. No wait. That's the straw man you're repeating from above. Sorry. I thought you had an actual point, instead of just grasping for air...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Exactly my point. As I explained.

OH. No wait. That's the straw man you're repeating from above. Sorry. I thought you had an actual point, instead of just grasping for air...

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Strawman vs. Strawman in the ultimate grudge match. No matter how it turns out, they'll be no resolution.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

So all cops carry guns because they're looking for people to kill?

Not equatable. Cops are liscensed to carry guns. A crazy murdering racist isn't. Glad I could explain that to you.

Zimmerman was in training to be a police officer.

But, he's not the police. He's a crazy racist with a history of violence that went off his meds. There is never any reason to arm yourself with a pistol unless you plan to use it. Guns cannot be used to stun people. They can only be used to shoot and kill.

I know I'm picking on your about the racist stuff. Seriously? I believe Zimmerman would have never even noticed Trayvon if he had been white. He saw 'hoodie' and profiled him. He killed a kid. End of story.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Yeah, I know. \:\-\[

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

But, he's not the police. He's a crazy racist with a history of violence that went off his meds. There is never any reason to arm yourself with a pistol unless you plan to use it. Guns cannot be used to stun people. They can only be used to shoot and kill.

I know I'm picking on [you] about the racist stuff. Seriously? I believe Zimmerman would have never even noticed Trayvon if he had been white. He saw 'hoodie' and profiled him. He killed a kid. End of story.

Originally Posted By: WB
And as I've said repeatedly, it was dark and raining, and Zimmerman rattled off a list of reasons on his 911 call why Martin was suspicious, none of them racial. And only when asked if the suspect was white, black, or hispanic, did Zimmerman after a long pause go "um... I think he's black". Indicating race was not even a consideration for Zimmerman, and it was only when asked that he weighed it for a few seconds, and finally guessed at Martin's race.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Zimmerman was in training to be a police officer.

I know I'm picking on you about the racist stuff. Seriously? I believe Zimmerman would have never even noticed Trayvon if he had been white. He saw 'hoodie' and profiled him. He killed a kid. End of story.

I got nothing.

Stop trying to protect this guy, Dave. Chalk it up a loss and move on...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Notice how I nice I was, there? \:\)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

It's okay, Pro. Feel your feelings.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Zimmerman's case is further weakened with this...
 Quote:
Several George Zimmerman witnesses change their accounts
5:51 p.m. EST, May 22, 2012|By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

Evidence released last week in the second-degree-murder case against George Zimmerman shows four key witnesses made major changes in what they say they saw and heard the night he fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford.

Three changed their stories in ways that may damage Zimmerman. A fourth abandoned her initial story, that she saw one person chasing another. Now, she says, she saw a single figure running.

They were reinterviewed in mid-March, after Sanford police handed the case off to State Attorney Norm Wolfinger. The case changed hands again when Gov. Rick Scott passed it on to a special prosecutor. Zimmerman was arrested April 11 on a charge of second-degree murder.

Here are the key ways in which their stories changed.

Witness 2

A young woman who lives in the Retreat at Twin Lakes community, where Trayvon was shot, was interviewed twice by Sanford police and once by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

She told authorities that she had taken out her contact lenses just before the incident. In her first recorded interview with Sanford police four days after the shooting, she told lead Investigator Chris Serino, "I saw two guys running. Couldn't tell you who was in front, who was behind."

She stepped away from her window, and when she looked again, she "saw a fistfight. Just fists. I don't know who was hitting who."

A week later, she added a detail when talking again to Serino: During the chase, the two figures had been 10 feet apart.

That all changed when she was reinterviewed March 20 by an FDLE agent. That time, she recalled catching a glimpse of just one running figure, she told FDLE Investigator John Batchelor, and she heard the person more than saw him.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a man, a woman, a kid, black or white. I couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my contacts on or glasses. … I just know I saw a person out there."

Witness 12

A young mother who is also a neighbor in the town-home community never gave a recorded interview to Sanford police, according to prosecution records released last week. She first sat down for an audio-recorded interview with an FDLE agent March 20, more than three weeks after the shooting.

During that session, she said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting and was not sure who was on top, Zimmerman or Trayvon.

"I don't know which one. … All I saw when they were on the ground was dark colors," she said.

Six days later, however, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top, she told trial prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda during a 21/2-minute recorded session.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," she said.

Witness 6

This witness lived a few feet from where Trayvon and Zimmerman had their fight. On the night of the shooting, he told Serino he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style," a reference to mixed martial arts.

He also said the one calling for help was "the one being beat up," a reference to Zimmerman.

But three weeks later, when he was interviewed by an FDLE agent, the man said he was no longer sure which one called for help.

"I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk," he said.

He also said he was no longer sure Trayvon was throwing punches. The teenager may have simply been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground, he said.

He did not equivocate, though, about who was on top.

"The black guy was on top," he said.

Witness 13

He is important because he talked with Zimmerman and watched the way he behaved immediately after the shooting, before police arrived.

After this neighbor heard gunfire, he went outside and spotted Zimmerman standing there with"blood on the back of his head," he told Sanford police the night of the shooting.

Zimmerman told him that Trayvon "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him," the witness told Serino. The Neighborhood Watch captain then asked the witness to call his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, and tell her what happened.

In two subsequent interviews about a month later — one with an FDLE investigator and one with de la Rionda — the witness described Zimmerman's demeanor in greater detail, adding that he spoke as if the shooting were no big deal.

Zimmerman's tone, the witness said, was "not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' — it was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody …,' like it was nothing."

Those witnesses are likely to be interviewed at least once more before Zimmerman's trial. Defense attorneys in Florida routinely question witnesses under oath as they prepare for trial.

Does Zimmerman still have any testimony from eye witnesses that helps him out?

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Manslaughters not a stretch. First degree murder would be. I've stated before that manslaughter would have been a better charge. 2nd degree doesn't imply intent of murder but it does imply intent to cause bodily injury, which I don't think was zimmerman was originally motivated to do. However when shit got real a chest shot at close range is indicative of intent to kill.

When forensics say the powder burns indicate Zimmerman was between 1 and 18 inches from Martin when he fired the fatal shot, combined with the broken nose and lacerations to Zimmerman's head, I'd say his motivation was not 1st- or 2nd-degree murder, or even manslaughter. It was clear self defense.

Zimmerman's motivation was to not end up a quadraplecic drinking his meals through a straw for the rest of his life.

Pending further evidence, I don't think Zimmerman provoked what happened. He'd already broken off pursuit and was returning to his truck, when unsolicitedly assaulted by Martin. Self-defense.

If you ignore the pesky evidence and just rely on what Zimmerman alleges, sure. I have to ask how it makes sense to you that Martin first runs away from Zimmerman and than apparently comes back and essentially announces to Zimmerman that he's going to beat him up? Sounds like a pretty darn convenient thing for a killer to say.

It's not about whether Zimmerman was on anti-depressants, or was arrested 6 years ago for resisting police arresting his friend, or about his wife filing a restraining order on him.
It's not about whether Trayvon Martin was suspended three times from school, had tatoos and a thug demeanor, and had THC in his blood stream.
Neither one of these guys were heroes or geniuses.

It's only about their actions from the time Zimmerman made his 911 call, and when the gunhole opened in Martin's chest. And pending further evidence, the forensics indicate self-defense in Zimmerman's actions.

If Zimmerman is taking drugs for various mental problems wouldn't that potentially come into play? Especially since these seem to have some serious potential side effects that affect mood.

Martin was only 17 when Zimmerman shot him dead. He could have been a hero or a genius. A bullet fired by a fool (at the very least) ended any chance to see what he grew up to be.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Martin was only 17 when Zimmerman shot him dead. He could have been a hero or a genius. A bullet fired by a fool (at the very least) ended any chance to see what he grew up to be.

He could also have been the next Hitler, or OB/GYN who molested his patients.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
He coulda been the next Kanye West!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Or President. Romney wasn't much older when he pinned a guy down. Guess Romney lucked out in retrospect.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
He also said he was no longer sure Trayvon was throwing punches. The teenager may have simply been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground, he said.

Either this person has been pressured or he's second-guessing himself.

The injuries on Zimmerman's head and Martin's fists already correspond with his previous account.

And so, yet again MEM has grabbed at whatever irrelevant article he can to tip the scales of evidence.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Actually Zimmerman had minor injuries that didn't require any hospitalization so the eye witness account now fits better. It also fits that Martin would be trying to keep Zimmerman pinned down in an effort not to get shot.

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

OH SHIT!!!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

OH SHIT!!!

Nope. Pariah made it clear that I was tipping the scales. I'm that powerful in his eyes!

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Facts.

OH JUST MORE SPAM.

It's okay, Pro. Feel your feelings.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Actually Zimmerman had minor injuries that didn't require any hospitalization so the eye witness account now fits better. It also fits that Martin would be trying to keep Zimmerman pinned down in an effort not to get shot.

Yeah, I'm sure you get marks on your knuckles just from holding someone down...

Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard