Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
TOS is my favorite as well. The TNG eps just don't hold up.

It was the cast that seemed to elevate the bullshit on the page.

DS9 was very good at the end but still suffered from some of the cliches that TNG invented.

Sisko leaving his baseball, was fucking awesome!

TNG Trek just seemed like things came too easy. They never went without. With TOS there always seemed to be danger, if only the danger exploring space comes with.

Out of all the Trek shows I've watched, out of the Trek movies I saw, TOS was the most.....

Human

I'll agree with that. I'm not trying to say that TNG or DS9 weren't good. They just weren't good as TOS. TOS never had the financial support that it's successors had, and so it may look cheesy. But it had a lot of heart to it. I think Enterprise was a good mix of that heart and TNG group effort. Archer was a true explorer always hopeful and optimistic, though he did stumble a bit due to the Xindi. Trip was the common man, and I enjoyed his cynical view of events in contrast with Archer's optimism. It was the first time since the Spock-Kirk-McCoy era that I felt that the captain had true friends and not just a devoted crew.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."