You're going to try and keep ignoring my point, aren't you? Let me say it again:
 Quote:

And, more to the point, which conservative talking head did anything similar to that and was allowed to keep his or her prestigious reputation as a network TV talk show host and/or unofficial US ambassador? [O]nly one side gets to do these things and keep their "credibility" with the mainstream press and the political class.

I fully concede that members of each side tolerate behavior from their own that they might criticize in the other side. But when does the "objective media" do it?

Show me where the supposedly objective mainstream media, not members of the conservative's own party, allows a conservative to get away with the same type of thing they excuse when Jackson and Sharpton does it.

Cite an example of a sitting administration, not somebody running for office, letting a conservative talk show host act as a de facto head of state, the way that Jackson does.

If Rush Limbaugh has his own network TV approved talk show, tell me when its on. If G. Gordon Liddy negotiates on behalf of the US government at the invite of the president, link to a news story about it.

Give me one example of the above fact-patterns. If, as you claim, it happens all the time, it shouldn't be that hard.