Kaua'i 'O'o
The Kaua'i 'O'o, native to the Kauaʻi island in Hawaii, was smallest among the Hawaiian honey eater birds. The bird was abundantly found in the subtropical forests of the Kaua'i island until when the decline in its population began in the beginning of the 20th century. Introduction of the Black rat, domestic pigs and mosquitoes which were the carriers of certain avian diseases led to the fall in the population of this beautiful bird. It was last heard of in 1987. None of the efforts to revive the population of Kaua'i 'O'o yielded any results and the species was finally declared extinct.

Laughing Owl
The Laughing owl, also referred to as the White-faced owl, was found in abundance in New Zealand in the 19th century. The Laughing owl generally preferred rocky areas with low rainfall. Owing to the abuse of this species as specimens and loss of habitat due to land use changes, the population of this species began to decline in the last quarter of the 19th century. Furthermore introduction of predators such as cats also contributed to the extinction of Laughing owl. The owl had virtually become extinct by 1880 with just occasional sightings once in a while. The last confirmed sighting came from Canterbury, New Zealand in July, 1914.