Bottles are better than cans when it comes to storing beer.

The truth: NOT TRUE. Cans are just as good as bottles — and in some cases even better. Sunlight affects beer, similar to how it affects everything else on this planet except for pure evil. Left too long in light, beer can become "skunked," something I don’t remember ever tasting, but I probably have experienced it and was just too afraid to admit it. Skunked beer is the result of a molecule in hops — isohumulones — that breaks down in light, and the broken-down version of isohumulones resembles the stink molecule release by skunks. Glass bottles let in light; cans do not.

As for a fear that cans might impart a metallic flavor — also NOT TRUE for most modern cans. There is a coating apparently that keeps the beer from touching the inner aluminum. (Although that does seem like saying: “To keep this itchy wool off my skin, I have coated my skin in bug spray!”) To test this, I did a blind taste test of two Brooklyn Brewery lagers, one from the can, one from the bottle. W.A.G. poured each into a glass while I wasn’t looking. I tried the beer from each glass and couldn’t tell the difference really.