http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk...-191747162.html
 Quote:
It looks like NT are back to being TMNT.

Producer Michael Bay caused quite the fan uproar last year when he revealed that his plans for the revamped "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" involved one rather extreme revisionist element: the "Mutant" part was going to be dropped in favor of giving the wisecracking, pizza-loving martial artists an extraterrestrial origin.

"These turtles are from an alien race," said Bay at the Nickelodeon Upfront conference in March 2012. "And they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

That second part is fine -- those adjectives have always applied to Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello, even during their darkest adventures. But now they're aliens? Even if you're not a TMNT fan, you know such meddling in a beloved mythology makes for the kind of blasphemy that's punishable by death -- or at least a lot of angry comments in online forums.

Luckily, a little over a year later, Bay has realized that if it ain't broke, don't make it aliens.

"There was that quote saying that we're making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We're not," said Bay in a recent interview with Moviefone. "It's the ooze! It's from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic."

Anyone else out there highly amused by that fact that Michael Bay exclaimed "It's the ooze!," no matter the context?

The "Pain & Gain" director seems to be playing the game of "I take it back" a lot these days, as he recently claimed his much-publicized recent "apology" for his third feature film, "Armageddon," was misinterpreted and that he's actually very proud of his Bruce Willis vs. Giant Asteroid movie. Kowabunga, dude!

"Ninja Turtles," which may now be retitled "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (or at least "Mutant Ninja Turtles," as there's been no talk of whether the "Teenage" part still applies to this bold new vision), will use advanced performance capture technology along with the Ooze to bring the Turtles to life. The film is set to hit theaters on June 6, 2014.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."