http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Helen-Mirren-talks-royalty-and-Doctor-Who-210825841.html

Quote:
Dame Helen Mirren - she received the female equivalent of a knighthood in 2003 - is as much a national treasure as the queen, though a considerably less buttoned-up one.

She has even been suggested as the next star of "Doctor Who," the beloved BBC sci-fi series about a space-hopping, time-traveling alien hero. Eleven actors have played the role since the show began in 1963, and a 12th is to be announced soon.

That has sparked intense speculation among the show's millions of fans, with some wondering whether the role might go to a woman for the first time. One bookmaker is offering 25-1 odds on it being Mirren.

"Oh, please - I would put much longer odds on it than that," she scoffed.

"But I think it's absolutely time for a female Doctor Who. I'm so sick of that man with his girl sidekick. I could name at least 10 wonderful British actresses who would absolutely kill in that role."

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!